"Right about now it's time to rock with the biggedy Buck Bumble"
-The game's title theme.
is a game for the Nintendo 64
developed by Argonaut Software
and released in 1998 by Ubisoft
. You play as the titular Buck, a cyborg bumblebee enlisted by The Resistance, a peace keeping force for the garden the game takes place in, to eliminate the threat of the Herd Army, a band of mutant bugs who seek to conquer the garden, then move on to the rest of the world. The game was known mostly for its incredibly catchy theme
, as well as being a cult classic, getting mostly decent reviews.
This game contains examples of:
- Game Over Man: The game over screen shows a picture of the final boss with the words "Game Over"
- Interestingly, it's unlikely that you'd realize that it's the Herd Queen on that screen the first time you see it, since she only appears in-game at the last level.
- Heroic Mute: Buck says "Cool!" or "Yeah!" when picking up items, but that's about it.
- Hollywood Cyborg
- Mission Control: The Resistance sends Buck messages when he's on missions.
- Mouse World
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The single player brings us a cyborg bee having dogfights with mutant insects. Multiplayer brings us cyborg bees with rocket launchers playing football.
- Super Drowning Skills: Buck drowns instantly the moment you touch water, causing you to lose a life.