Video Game: Aladdin (Capcom)
A Platform Game based on Disney's Aladdin, released by Capcom in 1993.This Aladdin game, in which Aladdin uses a bedsheet as a parachute, was initially an exclusive for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, though there were bootleg versions for the Nintendo Entertainment System and Sega Genesis (for which Aladdin (Virgin Games) was legitimately released), and it was ported to the the Game Boy Advance eleven years later.
Tropes appearing in this game:
- Adaptation Expansion: The pyramid level never really happened in the movie.
- Advancing Wall of Doom: The wall of lava in the Cave of Wonders.
- Auto-Scrolling Level: The first cave escape stage.
- Bonus Stage: "A Whole New World" is an enemy-free carpet ride.
- Bottomless Pits
- Bubbly Clouds: The Genie stages have some areas with cloud platforms.
- Build Like an Egyptian: Aladdin goes into an Egyptian-type pyramid to rescue Abu.
- Covers Always Lie: Aladdin has a sword in the cover art. See three entries below. Surprisingly, the new GBA release cover art repeated this.
- Edible Ammunition: Apples can be thrown at enemies, but it only stuns them.
- Funny Background Event: We see Abu clinging at Carpet in the background at Genie's stage
- Goomba Stomp: The main way for Aladdin to defeat enemies.
- Jimmy Hart Version: The GBA version replaced all instances of "Friend Like Me" ("The Genie's Lamp," "'Group Hug!'", and "Break Time!") and "A Whole New World" ("Magic Carpet Ride," "'You'll Always Be a Prince to Me,'" and "Staff Roll") due to copyright reasons.
- "One Step Ahead" (according to gamerips) is one of "One Jump Ahead".
- Law of 100: Aladdin collects gems. 100 emeralds will get you a spin on Genie's wheel (good for extra lives, continues). Rubies are worth multiple emeralds, and collecting enough of them unlocks different credit sequences.
- Mercy Mode: In the Genie's level, the difficulty of the platforming is proportional to the number of lives you have left.
- Scaled Up: Jafar, in the final battle.
- Spikes of Doom
- Stalactite Spite: Tons of falling stalactites on later levels.
- Wackyland: Inside the Genie's lamp.