She discovered TV Tropes in the summer of 2007 and took to it like a duck to water. While she has done some major editing before The Great Crash
(mostly helping on what were then the new Nightmare Fuel
example pages), today she just checks on new examples on her favorite pages for legibility. She actually shows up on "recent changes" as "Tragic T Dragon
" thanks to accidentally losing her password (D'oh!) She is a FantasticFiction
fan (once again, look at her screen-name
) and she loves animals
, and so does most of her contributing in those kinds of tropes.
She reviews movies and writes about other geeky things on her website
. She also realizes that she has just written this entire page in the third-person point of view; an unofficial editing rule. Uh-oh...
She's the "Mom" of the following Tropes and launcher of the following pages:
And Just for Fun
, the Tropes that seem to pop up most often in the films reviewed at The Realm (with links to typical examples) include:
- Animation Age Ghetto - Cited as the reason why so many very young children in The80s got to see such... memorable oddities as Gallavants and The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus.
- Adaptation Decay - As explained and demonstrated here.
- Arbitrary Skepticism - "Bah, your theory is totally unbelievable! In this world of giant Martian animals and Space Whales and talking animals and a puppet that walks like a man."
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment and Disney Acid Sequence - Thus far, nothing has yet beaten the dance scene in Epic.
- Did Not Do The Research - She gets a lot of mileage out of that Morbo screenshot, that's for sure.
- Furry Confusion - Why does a talking bear need to shave anyway?
- It Has A Dragon In It! How Could It Suck? - Unfortunately, the more movies Ness watches that fit this trope, the more she realizes the answer is, "LOTS."
- Mind Screw - "At least now we know what a David Lynch Christmas Special would look like."
- Narm - Almost every movie/book/whatever has at least one Narmy moment. But the greatest, the most legendary, the Crowning Moment Of Narm if you will, is when Donnie Darko slams a door in the face of... cold.
- Nightmare Fuel - "The scary toys are *still* performing their dance of the damned!"
- Once Acceptable Targets - "Remember kids. Autistic people are magic!"
- So Bad, It's Horrible - Most movies rating a Jon, but Theodore Rex takes the cake. "If you haven't gone 'WTF?' yet, you are the most jaded person alive."
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids? - "Hey, kids! Here's a Disney movie about a baby dinosaur! ...Now watch it."
- What Do You MEAN It Wasnt Made On Drugs - Pretty much everything. But especially this So Bad, It's Horrible reader's guide to The Inheritance Trilogy of all things.