Holy Crap it's me.Good [time of day here] to you. I'm Slendid Suit. I first created this page about... four years ago now and am older, wiser, drunker. Actually somewhat baffled that I decided to come back, in all honesty. I like a number of things in terms of music, games, TV and what-have-you, so here's a list in no particular order:
- William Blake, specifically the memetastic poem to end all poems, The Tiger.
- Mary Prankster
- Lucky Number Slevin
- Garth Marenghis Darkplace
- The Decemberists
- Green Wing
- The Flaming Lips
- Y: The Last Man
- The Wire
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- The First Law
- Ok Go
- The Gone-Away World
- A Wickless Band called Frightened Rabbit
- World of Darkness, though due to age I was introduced to New first, so my favourite is Werewolf: The Forsaken.
- Terry Pratchett
- Percy Bysshe Shelley, admittedly largely due to Watchmen.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- The Realm of the Elderlings series
- Raising Arizona, No Country for Old Men and all things Coen
- Annnnnnd Warren Ellis
- House of Leaves
- Angry impassioned non-fiction political books.
I was involved in the forum RP Justice Avengers, wherein I played a Rule 63'd version of the Golden Age Sandman, a character I'm immensely proud of. I haven't logged in in over a year and feel way to guilty about that to message anyone involved in the game.
I also have Steam! Gimme a PM if you want to play some TF 2 or Borderlands or something.
- Aloof Big Brother: I'm the oldest of four. I wish I was this more often, to be honest.
- Buffy Speak: Philosophically speaking. I'm very much of the opinion that if somebody needs to use a fuckton of technical jargon to explain something, they clearly don't understand what they're on about too well.
- Cluster F-Bomb: I was first introduced on our Student Radio station as "This is Slendid Suit, Slendid, please don't swear." Which is probably some sort of indicator.
- Evil Brit: Talking in a cultured, RP accent when saying the most horrifying things you can think of is immense fun.
- The Lancer: my preferred role. Fuck being the lead character, awful things happen to that guy.
- The Role Player
- Precision F-Strike: Often used when I want to emphasise that some information is either particularly important or interesting. A trait picked up from my father.
- Real Men Wear Fluorescent Orange Socks
- Sophisticated as Hell: I'll zig-zag back and forth between erudite and uncouth in a matter of seconds.
- Third-Person Person: And then Slendid decided to demonstrate this trope on his page. He sometimes speaks like this when he's just realised something.
- Weak Sauce Weakness: I am vulnerable to vegemite. And bullets.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: I will never not believe that humans are awesome and anyone is capable of bringing out the best in humanity. This is in conflict with my otherwise cynical and atheistic attitudes to a lot of stuff. Go figure.
Things that feed my narcissism:If I make any meaningful contributions to the site, they will go below this current sentence. Hi.
What's that? There is one now? Eh, not really. But I am technically the reason that These Very Forums is now a redirect. So bully for me.
Tel: Another thing! You have reached Level Two in being a Quotable Person, following your words being preserved in forum sigs. Here is a line spoken by Slendid the Splendid in Troper Updates:
- *Gleefull Squee*
- Urg, that shit's horrendous to clean up. Gets in all kinds of weird places.
- ALL THE COLOUR
- Yeah... this is a total non-sequitur now.
- Oh no! ...wait, I don't have a problem with this. Enjoy your stay!
- Hi. - Hachiko
How did you get in here... Hi Hachiko :P
- I wondered why you never wrote on my wall. XD - Hachiko
- I HATH ENTERED. HELLO. [[Inhopelessguy
- Entered you hath. Congratulations.
- Hello! Libris Dedita
- -nods- 'sup.
- Even you have the ol' idealistic and cynical conflict? Well, that makes two of us. - NES
- Truly, it is the strangest of afflictions.
- [Insert something funny] Indigo12ash
- -collapses laughing- Such wit! Truly that was the greatest joke I've ever heard!
- You are the legendary mighty Centicorn! Half man, half unicorn, half pegasus, 100% awesome. -The Mike
- Though evidently not a single factor of mathematician in me.
- So, how's your relationship with Robert Downey, Jr. going? - kay4today
- About as good as your relationship with Shirou.
- Spiffing day to the most English chap on this entire website! Jolly good show, eh? - Uilleam
- Quite, my good man, quite. -smokes pipe, adjusts monocle-
- You like the Coen Brothers? I think we can be friends. — Boxen
- that's the only qualifier? I'm cool with this.
- Become one with the Harem! Also, it's cool that we added each other on the Bookface. :D -Nerd Bird
- Bam. -Insert witty insult here- -Montmorencey
- Pow. -even wittier retort-