This troper has created these pages:
Click Here For My Reviews!
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
Favorite Video Games
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Cave Story
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Child of Light
- Star Fox 64
- Super Mario World
- A Hat in Time
- Rayman 2
- The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Super Smash Bros.
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Slush Invaders
- Super Mario Bros.
- To the Moon
- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
- Wii Sports Resort
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
- Chrono Trigger
Favorite Fight Scenes
- Airport Showdown (Captain America: Civil War)
- Brawl for Chaos Emeralds on Yoshi’s Island (Super Mario Bros. Z)
- The Battle of New York (The Avengers (2012))
- Final Battle (How to Train Your Dragon)
- Final Battle (How to Train Your Dragon 2)
- Round Table Fight (Ip Man 2)
- Twilight vs. Tirek (My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, "Twilight’s Kingdom")
- Robot Riot (Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension)
- Clocktower and Traintop Battle (Spider-Man 2)
- Mr. Red vs. Mr. Green (Shock Series by Terkoiz and David “Geo” Borja)
- Doomship Assault (Super Mario Bros. Z)
- Project Retribution (by Sareth Waldrouk)
- Mario vs. Bowser (Super Mario Bros. Z Reboot)
- Final Battles (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
- "The Great Invasion" (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
- Final Fight (Fist of Legend)
- The Whole Game (Slush Invaders)
- Freeway Attack (Captain America: The Winter Soldier)
- Final Battle (Legend Of The Guardians The Owls Of Ga Hoole)
- Final Battle (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
- Team CFVY's Intro (RWBY)
- Volume 1 Finale Fight (RWBY)
- Light Powers, Light 'em Up
- Electrokinesis, Lightning Powers, Shock and Awe
- Kinetic Energy Manipulation
- Aerokinesis, Blow You Away, Razor Wind
- Life Energy, Aura, Ki Manipulation, Faux Flame, Battle Aura, Aura Vision, Elemental Punch, Energy Ball, Kamehame Hadoken
- Teleportation, Thinking Up Portals
- Super Reflexes, Super Precision, Dodge the Bullet, Improbable Aiming Skills, Ludicrous Melee Accuracy, Parrying Bullets
- Super Speed, Flash Step, Time Stands Still
- Darkness/Shadow Powers, Casting a Shadow
- Sonic Powers, Sonic Scream
Tropes associated with Ninja857142
- Blood Knight: I love martial arts and action scenes in fictional works. But I don't want to hurt anyone innocent.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Sometimes. Mostly because I daydream a lot, and can find it difficult to focus.
- Martial Pacifist: I'm a black belt, and I do enjoy a good sparring match. But I don't really want to hurt anybody if possible.
- Ninja: I was nicknamed this in high school. I liked that name.
- Private Detective: I played one of these in a skit in a comedic high school play. That was fun.
- The Quiet One: ...I guess.
- Sarcasm-Blind: I have a hard time with this. But I'm getting better. Maybe too good...
- Socially-Awkward Hero: Well, I'm somewhat cautious in general, but I'm especially wary of social interaction. However, I love martial arts, and feel reasonably confident in a sparring match.
Tropes I Like
- Aerokinesis/Razor Wind: Air element powers are cool, but wind slashes are really cool.
- Ancient Evil/Sealed Evil in a Can: Okay yeah, this is a super common backstory at this point, but it can be a effective way to make the adventure epic in scale.
- Badass Adorable: Toothless, Link & Zelda, Stitch, Fluttershy, Yoshi, Jade Harley, the Teen Titans, Perry the Platypus, Astro Boy, Himawari Uzumaki, Aurora & Igniculus, Star Butterfly & Marco Diaz, Penny Polendina, Deku, Tsuyu, Marshadow, Ori & Sein, Hat Kid...
- Badass Crew/Super Team: If superpowers/skills are cool, this can make them exponentially cool.
- Battle Couple: Because why not? I like seeing adorable couples work together, and what exercise is better than mowing down evil?
- Better Than a Bare Bulb: Heh.
- Bioluminescence Is Cool: You would not believe your eyes, if ten million fireflies...
- Blue Is Heroic: Blue is my favorite color. But honestly... I'm not a fan of the Fantastic Four's look...
- Character Development/Dynamic Character: Of course. One of the greatest appeals of stories is seeing characters grow and change in interesting ways.
- Combat Pragmatist: Real fights have no rules, and I like the combination of power, skill, and tactics to win.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: I think I have a fondness for stories about characters finding their place in the world.
- Eldritch Abomination: Although I'd probably prefer Lovecraft Lite.
- The Epic: This is the story that it's all about. Admittedly, though, it can be difficult to make it consistently great from beginning to finally-arrived conclusion.
- Even Better Sequel: I often like sequels more because they can build greater on what is already established, and further develop characters that I already have investment in. When it comes to video games, there are often opportunities for improvements and enhancements, especially in the gameplay mechanics.
- Fight Scene: Awww yeah...
- Flash Step: Hyah!
- God Is Good: As a Christian, this naturally goes without saying. However, it also depends on what exactly is meant by "God" in the story/setting.
- He's Back: From rock-bottom to awe-inspiring.
- Humble Hero: Who doesn't like this?
- Humble Pie: When done correctly. If done right, it can be really satisfying and perhaps cause a believable change. Otherwise, it could come off as either insufficient, or just plain vindictive.
- Le Parkour: Parkour! Parkour parkour!
- Light 'em Up: Light powers are awesome. You can make bright flashes, project illusions, turn Invisible, unleash laser beams, lots of laser beams, really big laser beams... Unfortunately, light powers seem to be relatively underutilized in fiction.
- Lost Technology: This is such a cool concept.
- Magic A Is Magic A: Even kids are always wondering WHY CAN'T YOU JUST TELEPORT?!
- Magnificent Bastard: "Bastard" is a crude term, but these characters can potentially be quite entertaining, whether antagonistic or heroic.
- Martial Pacifist: Something we all should strive for.
- Moe: Dawww...
- Nice Guy/Nice Girl: This doesn't have to be boring!
- Ninja: Well, yeah.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Yoshi, Toothless, and Smaug are my personal faves. And yes, Yoshi counts.
- Pun: Heh heh.
- The Quiet One/Shrinking Violet: Relatable. But I prefer more nuance in such characters, like reasons for their nature, Hidden Depths, and/or Character Development.
- Shock and Awe: Lightning is so cool! Although, admittedly, bizarrely versatile...
- Sleep Cute: Key descriptor being "innocently."
- Technicolor Fire/Faux Flame: Blue fire.
- Took a Level in Badass: I'm a fan of the meek and humble underdog who rises to defy expectations.
- The Woobie: In particular, I like to see poor, huggable characters rise beyond their circumstances and become a strong force for good.