Web Animation / Slush Invaders
is a Stick Figure Animation
series created by Gildedguy (Stick Michael) in 2012. It follows the Slusher Wing, which is suddenly invaded by hordes of blue Slush Invaders, lead by Big Blue. It is up to the Slush Fighters to defend their home.
The series currently consists of an introductory video simply titled Slush Invaders
, a game of the same name following the events subsequent to the video, an Interquel
to the game called Slush Invaders Duel
, and a spin-off game called Slush Tile Rush
Slush Invaders contains examples of:
- An Axe to Grind: Stick Luke wields tomahawks.
- Barrier Warrior:
- Sticorey can conjure barriers to defend other fighters.
- Azures are mooks who can create shields for the Blues, and Stickirby can copy the Azure's ability as well.
- Big Bad: Big Blue, hence his name.
- Combination Attack: There are a ton of these in the game. The characters' attacks and abilities can be coordinated in all sorts of ways to defeat the opposition.
- Combo Platter Powers: Almost all of the Slush Fighters have a set of powers that allow them to do insane attacks on multiple enemies whether they're alone or working as a team.
- Combos: Chains of combos can be made by attacking with various fighters in quick succession.
- Stick Brian follows up other Slush Fighters' attacks with his own, creating easy combos.
- As a Street Fighter inspired character, Sthomas is best known for this. He attacks very quickly, and his Ultra Attack is called Super Ultimate Turbo Fighter 4 HD, described as a "flawless 45 hit combo." Humorously, it actually does very little damage.
- The Dragon: Big Boi Prime to Big Blue. Ressurrected as a gargantuan cyborg thanks to his death at the hands of Westick, Joshtick and Stick JK, he becomes the Final Boss of the Slush Fighters Game.
- The Engineer: Stick Waqas, who can build powerful rocket missiles.
- Giant Mook: Big Boi lives up to this trope. Ends up getting upgraded to Final Boss status at the end of the Slush Fighters Game.
- The Gunslinger: Several Slush Fighters carry guns ranging from sniper rifles to blasters. Enemy Drabs also carry guns as well.
- Immortal Life Is Cheap: Sthang was killed twice in the movie by a group of Drabs, only for him to reveal that he is essentially a phoenix and can't be killed. He can still be contained by killing him and then containing his ashes in a small jar.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Stomar seems to think so.
- Laser Blade: Ben Stickobi has one. As his name would imply.
- The Leader: Standrew, despite having having no powers to begin with.
- Limit Break: Certain fighters can use Ultra Attacks if the Ultra Bar is filled up. Some fighters' Ultra Attacks need it filled multiple times to use.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Stick Waqas can gradually build many regular missiles over time, then unleash them all at once. His Ultra Attack is a more extreme example.
- Main Characters: The Slush Fighters. The movie focuses on them defending Slusher Wing.
- Mooks: The Blues. They are the standard mooks that engage the enemy hand to hand. They managed to overpower Standrew but barely stand much of a chance against the other Slush Fighters.
- More Dakka: Westick, who wields an SMG, has this as his shtick.
- The Phoenix: Sthang.
- Playing with Fire: Stickyle and Sthang.
- Power Copying: Stickirby can copy enemies' abilities. Obviously.
- Pulling Themselves Together: Whenever Sthang dies, he turns to ash, and then makes a fiery revival akin to a phoenix.
- Ray Gun: As a fan of Super Smash Bros. Melee and a user of Fox Mcloud's fighting style, Stedro can use this after achieving his objective reward.
- Riding the Bomb: In the first video, Stick Waqas builds three rockets and Stickwart, Stick Dan, and Stick Brian ride them into a building to rescue Standrew.
- Rubber Man: Stick Matt.
- "Super Sentai" Stance: All the Slush Fighters gang up on Big Blue at the end of the movie taking various poses.
- Super Speed: Many Slush Fighters are pretty fast, but Sthomas stands out, with his ability to jump in quick being pretty useful.
- Supporting Leader: Stick James, due to him being the first one to set off the alarm during the invasion. He can also summon all of the inactive Stick Fighters you have in your roster during a level in the Slush Fighters Game.
- Thinking Up Portals: Stick Sean can use this to get himself or another fighter to attack quickly and/or get past enemy defenses.
- Zerg Rush: You can invoke this trope by unleashing several Slush Fighters at once, to attack the Blues, Big Blue, and various bosses. Stick James' Ultra Attack, Mass Alert, can summon all the Slush Fighters at once to attack.