Trivia: Super Mario RPG
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: The US television commercials, Nintendo Power's first walkthrough article and the magazine adds for the game referred to the sword that struck Bowser's castle as "Smithy the Sword." This is not the sword's name, Smithy being a completely different character. In addition, the Nintendo Power walkthrough article and the magazine ads hinted at a subplot involving Geno becoming a "real boy".
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is the only title on IMDB to have all four of those words as keywords.
- No Export for You: it joined the ranks of Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger during the SNES era in Europe. Twelve years later, the European Virtual Console set things right thanks to the Hanabi Festival.
- Tetsuya Nomura: Designed the bosses.
- Values Dissonance: A mild example of it caused Bowser's victory pose to be changed. In Japan, his pose was a Bicep-Polishing Gesture. That gesture isn't used in America, and it looks very similar to slap-the-crook-of-your-elbow, which means roughly the same thing as the middle finger. Bower's victory pose was thus changed into a double fist clench in non-Japan versions.
- Yoko Shimomura: Composed most of the music.