is a 2009 series of short, 5-minutes anime much like Di Gi Charat
. This series is all about the titular character and its owner, Hiroshi.
Provides examples of:
- Achilles' Heel: Higepiyo commands cats and crows around the neighborhood, but is deathly afraid of creatures with disks on their fingertips, mainly frogs and salamanders.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Hige means moustache, while Piyo is a common name for chicks (much like what Pochi is for a dog). Double case since the word describes the main character, and is used as the main character's and the show's name.
- Goldfish Poop Gang: Kumano and his gang of bullies.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Edward Elric is now a chick!
- Non-Human Sidekick: Higepiyo to Hiroshi.
- Show Within a Show: a Jidai Geki serial Higepiyo used to watch in the afternoons. Also, a samurai show/novel written by an old man and inspired (unknowingly) by Higepiyo.
- Spoiled Brat: Kumano, Higepiyo and Hiroshi's main rival.