- AFIS 100 Years 100 Laughs: #71
- AFIS 100 Years 100 Movie Quotes:
- #92, "Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!"
- AFIS 10 Top 10:
- #7, Sports
- Harpo Does Something Funny The legendary scene with Ty and Carl in Ty's "home" was added to the script solely because the writers realized that there wasn't a single scene in the movie that featured Bill Murray and Chevy Chase together and was almost entirely improvised.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: The Ted Baxter plays Judge Smails.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Danny has eight brothers and sisters.
- Old Shame: The second film is this to both Chevy Chase and Harold Ramis; it's telling that every other actor from the first film refused to take part in the sequel after seeing the script.
- Real-Life Relative: Bill Murray and Brian Doyle-Murray.
- Throw It In: A good deal of Bill Murray's dialog was improvised on the set, including his now-classic sportscaster monologue.
"It's in the hole! It's in the hole!"
- What Could Have Been: Harold Ramis has said that he was told that Rodney Dangerfield was interested in doing the second movie. Dangerfield actually was attached, but was displeased with the script (as many turned out to be). With no suitable rewrites, he backed out.
- Also averted. The filmmakers seemed to be asking themselves this when they realized that Bill Murray and Chevy Chase didn't have a scene together. Thankfully, they made one up pretty quickly.