Michael Dempsey (Michael Brandon) is a New York City cop who makes the Big Apple too hot to hold him. His superiors hand him over to the London Metropolitan Police, where he is teamed with Lady Harriet Makepeace (Glynis Barber). Hilarity Ensues as They Fight Crime.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Oh so much.
- Catch Phrase: 'Life is tough and then you die.' Or was it 'Life's a Bitch and then you die'?
- Da Chief: The long suffering Detective Superindendent Gordon Spikings had the unenviable task of dealing with Cowboy Cop Dempsey"Dempsey, when the prime minister and the home secretary instructed me to set up this special unit to combat major crime, I did not expect to be wet nursing ex vietnam soldiers touting bazookas!"
- Romance on the Set: Michael Brandon and Glynis Barber who played the title characters married a few years after the series finished and are still together.
- Wunza Plot: One's an American street smart loose cannon cowboy cop, one's a refined aristocratic proper young British police officer. Together they fight crime and make sparks fly between them!