Recap / The Simpsons S 16 E 2 Alls Fair In Oven War
Marge enters a baking contest, where she cheats after other contestants ruin her entry. Meanwhile, Bart uses Homer's old Playdude
magazines to live life as a swinging bachelor.
- Actually Pretty Funny: Homer thinks the joke about an octopus having sex with bagpipes is hilarious.
- Bait and Switch: When Marge receives a letter from the bake-off, it at first sounds like a rejection letter...but then it's revealed that Marge was accepted.
- Blatant Lies:
- Homer tells Marge that he only keeps his Playdude magazines for the stories. Marge cuts off all pictures of women and Homer throws away what's left of the magazines.
- There's also the contractor who promised Marge the new kitchen would be ready in three weeks when it takes two years.
- Broken Pedestal: Marge disappoints Lisa by cheating. Rebuilt Pedestal Lisa feels better after Marge publicly confesses.
- Epic Fail: While trying to build the new kitchen, Homer ends up using too much plaster on the ceiling, leaving him and Marge to need to stand on their knees.
- Expy: The food personalities in Homer's Imagine Spot are parodies of mascots of popular snack foods.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Ralph was rejected from the bake-off because his sandwich consisted of grilled crayons and thumbtacks.
- Gilligan Cut: The contractor assures Marge that the new kitchen will be finished in three weeks. It takes two years.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Marge felt that she was doing this when she sabotaged the other entries. She even said Who's Laughing Now? while doing so.
- Oh Crap!: Chief Quimby, when Ralph mentions that his grilled crayon sandwich that he bit into has thumbtacks.
- So Last Season: The contestants considered Marge's dessert dogs 'So 90's'.
- The Talk: Homer gives this to Bart, and ends up scarring him and all the kids in town.
- Troubled Fetal Position: Bart is seen in one after Homer tells him about 'the birds and the bees'.