Recap / The Simpsons S 16 E 3 Sleeping With The Enemy
In this, the final episode written by Golden Age Simpsons
writer Jon Vitti, Nelson moves in with the Simpsons while Lisa purposely starves herself to lose weight in her allegedly big butt.
- Bittersweet Ending: Nelson is reunited with his dad, but Lisa's body image issues haven't been resolved, as she still feels like she's too fat, even after Nelson got revenge on her bullies, she finally ate some cake, and Homer begged Lisa to change her mind about it.
- Disappeared Dad: Bart finds Nelson's dad, who had been in a freak show after suffering a peanut allergy (which contradicts several past episodes that imply that Nelson's dad wasn't around because he's either in jail, abandoned his mom because of her cough drop addiction, or went insane. On top of that "Bart Star" and Brother From the Same Planet" showed Nelson's dad).
- It's All About Me: Marge’s relationship with Nelson comes across as this given that she finds helping him easier than putting in the effort to help her own children one of which had developed an eating disorder.
- Take That: Bart decides that going crazy and jumping into a cake is better than singing Streisand.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Bart finds Nelson's dad but Nelson can't (or so he says) stop bullying him.