Recap: The Simpsons S 16 E 1 Treehouse Of Horror XV
Flanders' head injury gives him the power to predict doom, Bart and Lisa investigate the murders of Victorian England's most prolific prostitutes, and The Simpsons go on a "fantastic voyage" into Mr. Burns' body to save Maggie from being digested.
- "Fantastic Voyage" Plot: The Simpsons tour inside Mr Burns's body.
- Poor Communication Kills: Ned's pleas for Homer to not destroy Springfield.
Ned: Homer, do not press the core destruct button!
Transmitted into the booth: Homer, (Static) press (Static) Destruct button!
Ned: Don't do it! You'll kill everyone!
Transmitted: (Static) Do it! (Static) Kill everyone!
- Take That: To Rosie O'Donnell. When Ned Flanders predicted her new musical would close after three performances, he commented he didn't need his power to see that.
- The Determinator: Homer persistently tries to press the nuclear destruct button, even as he is being shot.
- Too Dumb to Live: Granted most people wouldn't listen to a man talking about seeing the future. However it is taken Up to Eleven when Homer doesn't even pause for thought when he thinks Ned is telling him to press the core destruct button. Not even when Ned tells him, even through the static interferance that it will kill everyone.