Flanders' head injury gives him the power to predict doom, Bart and Lisa investigate the murders of Victorian England's most prolific prostitutes, and The Simpsons go on a "fantastic voyage" into Mr. Burns' body to save Maggie from being digested.
- Artistic License – Biology: The alligators that attack Hans Moleman are drawn as resembling crocodiles, namely having the lower visible when the mouth is closed.
- Dance Party Ending
- Fanservice: Marge in third story. Before, she wonders why her swimsuit has to be so skimpy. After, whent the white blood cells are eating her clothes she is stripped to her undergarments.
- "Fantastic Voyage" Plot: The Simpsons tour inside Mr Burns's body.
- Groin Attack: Invoked at the end of the "Fantastic Voyage" Plot. Homer tells Mr. Burns that it's a bad idea to defy someone who can kick his balls from the inside.
- Opium Den: The Victorian segment excurses into an opium den operated by Moe.
- Poor Communication Kills: Ned's pleas for Homer to not destroy Springfield.Ned: Homer, do not press the core destruct button!Transmitted into the booth: Homer, (Static) press (Static) Destruct button!Homer: Okay.Ned: Don't do it! You'll kill everyone!Transmitted: (Static) Do it! (Static) Kill everyone!
- Profane Last Words: There is a button in the nuclear power plant that can blow up the entire city. Ned Flanders shoots Homer to stop him from pressing the button but Homer ends up dying next to the button...only for his tongue to end up pressing it.Ned: Oh, you stupid, son of a-
- Sewer Gator: How Moleman gets killed.
- Take That: To Rosie O'Donnell. When Ned Flanders predicted her new musical would close after three performances, he commented he didn't need his power to see that.
- The Determinator: Homer persistently tries to press the nuclear destruct button, even as he is being shot.
- Too Dumb to Live: Granted most people wouldn't listen to a man talking about seeing the future. However it is taken Up to Eleven when Homer doesn't even pause for thought when he thinks Ned is telling him to press the core destruct button. Not even when Ned tells him, even through the static interferance that it will kill everyone.