Lisa's A+++ grade she got on a test for the book, The Wind and the Willows
, gives Springfield Elementary the grant money it sorely needs to update the school. The problem: Lisa cheated on the exam after spending her sick days from school playing video games instead of studying. Meanwhile, Homer raises a lobster to eat, but makes it his pet.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Lisa worries that an F on her exam will cost her admission to Harvard University, and the only school that would accept her would be Brown University.
- Genre Savvy: Knowing Lisa would confess, the whole town staged a fake ceremony to trick her into thinking she confessed and Comptroller Atkins decided to give the money anyway and later they brought a fake Lisa to trick Comptroller Atkins.
- Screw the Money, I Have Rules!: Lisa.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Every Springfielder but Lisa.
- Take That: Marge telling Bart that they're not changing their religion to Catholic because "...three kids is enough, thank you." The Catholic League at the time spoke out against that line.
- The Imagine Spot of Lisa being forced to go to Brown University due to her one "F."