Apu turns up the romance for his wife on Valentine's Day, making every husband in Springfield jealous.
- Fractured Fairy Tale: Homer's story of how he had to pee in an alley outside of Moe's, passed out drunk, and woke up to find a raccoon "kissing" him is told as a fairy tale. Lisa even tells Homer that the story isn't a proper fairy tale.
- Hurricane of Puns: Apu makes puns on Elton John songs while he and Elton watch Homer fight the skywriter.
Elton: That maniac nearly killed us!
Elton: I heard you.
Apu: Yes, because... "someone saved your life tonight". (laughs)
Elton: (annoyed) Cut it out!
Apu: Well, well, "the bitch is back". (laughs again)
- Serious Business: Skywriter Dan takes his work very seriously.
Homer: Hey! You with the scarf! Stop skywriting!
Dan: I have to deliver a message. It's the skywriters' code!
Homer: I am so sick of that damn code!
- Shout-Out: The chocolate factory which sends Manjula the chocolate Apu, which is in fact, Apu himself, is called "Baron Von's Munch House", a play on Baron Munchausen.
- Similarly Named Works: King of the Hill also did a Valentine's Day episode titled "I'm With Cupid" which aired in 2002.
- Take That and Running Gag: Elton John gives Homer one of his Grammys. Homer immediately tosses it into a nearby trashcan.