Apu turns up the romance for his wife on Valentine's Day, making every husband in Springfield jealous.
- Call Back: Skywriter Dan is actually Fantastic Dan who lived in the Whack-A-Mole game on season nine's "Bart Carny."
- Fractured Fairy Tale: Homer's story of how he had to pee in an alley outside of Moe's, passed out drunk, and woke up to find a raccoon "kissing" him is told as a fairy tale. Lisa even tells Homer that the story isn't a proper fairy tale.
- Hurricane of Puns: Apu makes puns on Elton John songs while he and Elton watch Homer fight the skywriter.Elton: That maniac nearly killed us!Apu: Shall I... "take you to the pilot"? Hah! You see, because that is "your song"...Elton: I heard you.Apu: Yes, because... "someone saved your life tonight". (laughs)Elton: (annoyed) Cut it out!Apu: Well, well, "the bitch is back". (laughs again)Elton: (irritated) Ugh!
- It's All About Me: Both the wives and the husbands that aren't Apu and Manjula. On the wives side of things, they are envious of the romantic gestures Apu gives his wives and proceed to be bitter towards their husbands as a result. Whilst on the husband's side, rather than simply trying to improve their own romantic lives (something Ned Flanders calls attention to), they feel they should take down Apu in order to stop the comparison.
- Never My Fault: When Homer asks who's to blame for their wives wanting the same kinds of romantic gestures as Apu gives Manjula, the bar patrons admit that they themselves are to blame. Homer butts in:Homer: Will you stop it? It's easy to blame ourselves but it's even easier to blame Apu!
- Serious Business: Skywriter Dan takes his work very seriously.Homer: Hey! You with the scarf! Stop skywriting!Dan: I have to deliver a message. It's the skywriters' code!Homer: I am so sick of that damn code!
- Shout-Out: The chocolate factory which sends Manjula the chocolate Apu, which is in fact, Apu himself, is called "Baron Von's Munch House", a play on Baron Munchausen.
- Similarly Named Works: King of the Hill also did a Valentine's Day episode titled "I'm With Cupid" which aired in 2002. This episode came first.
- Take That and Running Gag: Elton John gives Homer one of his Grammys. Homer immediately tosses it into a nearby trashcan.