Recap: The Simpsons S 10 E 15 Marge Simpson In Screaming Yellow Honkers
Marge becomes the proud driver of an SUV made for women (after Homer buys it, thinking that it's for men), and develops road rage, which gets her in trouble with the law.
This episode contains examples of:
- Anything But That!: Nobody had cared for the talent show, but what really drives everyone away was Skinner informing them that the second half would have cafeteria workers performing in The Beatles wigs with tennis racket guitars.
- Blatant Lies: Homer claiming his taking back of compliments previously made to rival networks was of his "free and spontaneous will".
- Call Back: The SUV Homer bought was a Canyonero, albeit one designed for women.
- Escaped Animal Rampage: Marge gets a Canyonero and develops a bad case of road rage. The climax is Homer accidentally releasing a pack of rhinos from the zoo and Marge having to use the SUV to corral them in and save her family.
- Fan Disservice: At the Springfield Elementary Teachers Talent Show, Ms. Krabappel sings "Fever" while wearing balloons strapped to her body and periodically popping them. It traumatizes Bart and drives Homer to steal concessions ("I saw Krabappel's butt. I paid!")
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Caricatures of Matt Groening and Mike Scully (along with his wife, Julie Thacker, and his five kids) are in the crowd of fleeing zoo patrons.
- Shout-Out: Homer thought he could stop the rampaging animals by shouting "Jumanji!". He then grouses, "Does anything from the movies actually work?"
- Who's on First?: Principal Skinner and Superintendent Chalmers try to perform the routine until Skinner explains the joke six seconds in.