When Bart catches Seymour and Edna in a relationship, they tried to keep him from tellingÖ forgetting he has his limits. Then, the two faced an expulsion of their own, itís just to Bart.
Tropes of this episode:
- Berserk Button: Bart being called out by Martin
- Comically Missing the Point: Homer does three times
- Learning the name of Bartís teacher (thinking it's "Crandall" instead of "Krabappel")
- Asking Bart for the remote during the siege
- After Seymourís explanation (thinking Mrs. Krabappel is a virgin too).
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: It's seem kinda eerie now when one hears Edna responds to Martin's announcement, "Can it wait until I retire," considering the fact the woman who did her voice (Marcia Wallace) died of pneumonia in October of 2013 at the age of 70.
- Harsher in Hindsight: It's also sad to rewatch this episode, not just because Marcia Wallace is dead and therefore, Mrs. Krabappel is no longer a character, but because of "My Big Fat Geek Wedding" (in which Krabappel leaves Principal Skinner at the altar) and the episodes where Mrs. Krabappel falls for and marries Ned Flanders.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Nelson getting food poisoning from the oysters after punching Martin.
- Kid Has a Point: Bart pretty has to help Seymour and Edna, even showing them how to create a scene.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": It happens Twice!
- First the school when Bart opens the janitor's closet
- Second when Seymour admits to being a virgin
- Playing Sick: When kids get sick at Martin's party from eating oysters, Lisa (who, being a vegetarian, never ate any oysters) pretends to be sick just to be taken out of the party.
- Plot Induced Illness: The kids getting food poisoning, expect those who didn't eat.
- Screw Exchange, I have Limits: Bart resorts to this despite the agreement to have his records exchanged with Milhouse.
- Smarter Than He Looks: Bart isn't fooled by Seymour's attempt at a cover-up and knows it.
- Shout-Out: The commend Bart gives is a parody to the Star Trek phrase "Set Your Phasers to Stun".
Bart: Okay, crew, set your faces to stunned.
- Teacher's Pet: Bart is forced into this until his limit is pushed.
- You Have to Believe Me: Bart just knocks on the doors of each classroom to expose Edna and Seymour.