When Bart catches Seymour (Principal Skinner) and Edna kissing in a kiddie playhouse, the two bribe Bart into keeping their secret by making his permanent record Milhouse's, but when the stress becomes too much, Bart outs them and gets the two fired.
Tropes of this episode:
- Berserk Button: Bart being called out by Martin
- Comically Missing the Point: Homer does three times
- Learning the name of Bartís teacher (thinking it's "Crandall" instead of "Krabappel")
- Asking Bart for the remote during the siege
- After Seymourís explanation (thinking Mrs. Krabappel is a virgin too).
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: It's seem kinda eerie now when one hears Edna responds to Martin's announcement, "Can it wait until I retire," considering the fact the woman who did her voice (Marcia Wallace) died of pneumonia in October of 2013 at the age of 70.
- Harsher in Hindsight: It's also sad to rewatch this episode, not just because Marcia Wallace is dead and therefore, Mrs. Krabappel is no longer a character, but because of "My Big Fat Geek Wedding" (in which Krabappel leaves Principal Skinner at the altar) and the episodes where Mrs. Krabappel falls for and marries Ned Flanders.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Nelson getting food poisoning from the oysters after punching Martin.
- Kid Has a Point: Bart pretty has to help Seymour and Edna, even showing them how to create a scene.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": It happens Twice!
- First the school when Bart opens the janitor's closet
- Second when Seymour admits to being a virgin
- Playing Sick: When kids get sick at Martin's party from eating oysters, Lisa (who, being a vegetarian, never ate any oysters) pretends to be sick just to be taken out of the party.
- Plot Induced Illness: The kids getting food poisoning, expect those who didn't eat.
- Screw Exchange, I have Limits: Bart resorts to this despite the agreement to have his records exchanged with Milhouse.
- Smarter Than He Looks: Bart isn't fooled by Seymour's attempt at a cover-up and knows it. Then again, Skinner is a really Bad Liar.
- Shout-Out: The commend Bart gives is a parody to the Star Trek phrase "Set Your Phasers to Stun".
Bart: Okay, crew, set your faces to stunned.
- Teacher's Pet: Bart is forced into this until his limit is pushed.
- The Dog Bites Back: Bart is used by Seymour and Edna to keep their relationship secret and humiliate him infront of his class. He immediately exposes their relationship after he's humiliated.
- You Have to Believe Me: Bart just knocks on the doors of each classroom to expose Edna and Seymour.