Film watched: Revenge of the Creature
This episode marked several changes. It was the first episode aired on the Sci Fi Channel
, and the first to have Bill Corbett play Crow.
- Ac CENT Upon The Wrong Syl LA Ble:
- Accidental Misnaming: Crow keeps forgetting Mike's name.
- All There in the Manual: Bobo and company's headquarters went unnamed on-screen, but was called "Deep Ape" by the crew.
- Avenging the Villain: Pearl vows to keep the experiments going in memory of Clayton... who she killed.
- Continuity Nod: When the "music supervision" credit comes up and some familiar-sounding organ music is heard:
Pfft...yeah, great supervision: 'Gimme a needle-drop on some This Island Earth
- Developing Doomed Characters: Lampshaded by Mike:
Mike: [almost an hour into the movie] Ladies and gentlemen - the Revenge has finally begun!
- Early Installment Weirdness: For the Sci-Fi Channel era, the concept of Pearl in pursuit of the Satellite in her wagon isn't there yet (although it's mentioned in the themesong), and Bill Corbett's stiff performance as Crow is a little awkward to see.
- According to the Guide, Bill was trying to do an impression of Trace Beaulieu's Crow. After a few episodes, they told him to just use his natural voice.
- Hello, Nurse!: Invoked as the Creature's reaction to Lori Nelson in her underwear:
Crow: "Okay, I think I'm over her now. AI CHIHUAHUA!"
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Invoked by the crew.
- I Am Not Weasel: Professor Bobo, a mountain gorilla, takes great offense to Servo calling him "Mr. Orangutan".
- Insistent Terminology:
Peanut: ...and I'm Peanut!
- Interspecies Romance: Apes rule the world because of many marriages between humans and apes. Much to Mike's irritation, each case involved a descendant of his.
- It Will Never Catch On: "Oh, he's bad. This is his first and last film."
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Crow completely forgets who Mike is, while remembering everyone else. (Though the concept of the experiments is also lost on him.)
- Noodle Incident: Crow won the original two Nanites at a fair.
- Offing the Offspring: Pearl smothered Clayton.
- Oh, the Humanity!: During the movie:
Servo: Oh, the tepidity.
- The Other Darrin: The debut of Bill Corbett as Crow, replacing Trace Beaulieu. Deliberately called attention to — Mike and Servo both feel there's something "different" about Crow, but can't quite put their finger on it, and Crow himself has no memory of their past experiences with Dr. Forrester.
- Fridge Brilliance: Crow's different voice and oddly stiff movements can easily be explained by his sitting in the satellite reading a magazine for 500 years with no mechanical maintenance whatsoever.
- Reactive Continuous Scream: When the SOL crew and Bobo first encounter each other via the monitors.
- Reset Button: The season 7 finale "Laserblast" ended with Mike, Tom, Crow, and Gypsy turning into pure energy and exiting the SOL. However, since the show got picked up again, they had to come back to the ship and revert to their original forms.
- Sanity Slippage / Fridge Horror: Crow got bored of being pure energy almost immediately and stayed on the S.O.L. alone most of the time for 500 years.
- Shout-Out: Through the window in Deep Ape, we can see the ruins of the Statue of Liberty.
- Take Over the World: Crow says the Nanites' ultimate goal is universal domination. Mike doesn't seem to care.
- Time Skip: It's been over 500 years since the last episode.
- Wham Episode