Film: Revenge of the Creature
Revenge of the Creature is a Universal Horror film from 1955.One year after the events of Creature from the Black Lagoon, another group of people arrive at the Black Lagoon to catch the Gill Man. They are successful, and the creature is taken with them to an oceanarium for study. As Gill Man is subjected to various tests, it develops interest on the ichthyologist Helen Dobson. Sure enough, Gill-Man escapes his containment and later kidnaps Helen in a typical fifties monster movie fashion.Features the first film appearance by Clint Eastwood, as the lab technician Jennings.After one more sequel, The Creature Walks Among Us, the franchise came to an end.For the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version, please go to the episode recap page.
- 3-D Movie: The only one of the year 1955.
- The Amazon: In the start of the film, until Gill-Man is brought to civilization.
- Artistic License – Biology: One of Prof. Ferguson's displays is a demonstration of how a well-fed cat won't kill mice. This is true of many predators, but cats kill things for fun.
- Chekhov's Skill: Gill Man is taught to stop moving on command. It comes handy in the ending.
- Damsel in Distress: Helen.
- Death of the Hypotenuse: Joe.Mike: "Well, this simplifies Helen's life."
- Developing Doomed Characters: It takes a significant amount of time for the Gill Man finally to snap and break out the whoop-ass....
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Neal the chimp in Prof. Ferguson's lab.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: Helen's dog Chris detects Gill Man's presence before it comes inside her apartment.
- Fish Person:The Creature, obviously.
- Flare Gun: One is fired when Gill Man and Helen are found.
- Foe-Tossing Charge: At one point he waddles out to sea upending cars about in anger. Tossing foes is also a favored tactic of the creature.
- Friendly, Playful Dolphin: Featured at the oceanarium where the creature is taken.
- How Did That Get in There?: Said by the lab technician Jennings when he accuses a cat of eating one of the test mice. Then he puts his hand in his pocket and finds the mouse there.
- Ignored Expert: At various points, saner people point out that putting him in a petting zoo and trying to teach him to be human are not safe bets.
- Revenge of the Sequel
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Gill Man is caged, experimented on, and tortured under the guise of training him. Then he finally escapes and wreaks havoc.
- Spinning Paper: Shown after Gill Man escapes.
- Then Let Me Be Evil: The Gill Man is shown being abused by electric shocks several times For Science! by the "heroes". It's only after this mistreatment that he makes a serious effort to escape and kill whatever humans he runs into on the way.