Recap: Kim Possible S 3 E 2 Emotion Sickness
Drakken and Shego invade the lab of Cyrus Bortle (from "The Twin Factor"
) to steal an "Electron Magneto Accelerator". They are interrupted by Team Possible, but manage to escape with the EMA. However, during the fight both Kim and Shego got emotion-controlling "Moodulator" chips
attached to them without anyone noticing. Also, Ron accidentally picks up the Moodulator control unit, mistaking it for the Kimmunicator.
After Kim notices that the device they have isn't the Kimmunicator, Ron mistakes it for a video game and starts playing with it. This causes both Kim and Shego to start rapidly shifting moods
, from sadness to giddiness to rage. Ron and Drakken, having no idea what's going on, find themselves bearing the brunt of their odd behavior. The sitch escalates
when the control unit gets set to "love", causing Kim and Shego to start aggressively pursuing their partners, much to their discomfort.
This episode provides examples of:
- Emotion Bomb: The Moodulator chips and their control unit.
- If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her...: Kim's dad warns Ron that he'd better not make Kim unhappy unless he wants a one-way trip to a black hole. Considering Kim's dad is a rocket scientist, that is not an idle threat.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Ron tries to jog Kim's memory of "the good times" as she tries to hurt him.
- Kissing Under the Influence: The "lovestruck" Kim and Shego kiss Ron and Drakken while under the moodulator's influence.
- Little Black Dress: Kim's outfit for her date with Ron. It makes quite an impression on him.
- Mood-Swinger: Kim and Shego wildly switch moods when Ron fiddles with the Moodulator control unit (which he initially thinks is a video game).
- Offscreen Teleportation: When Kim is in "lovestruck" mode, she keeps popping up wherever Ron is in spite of his efforts to evade her.
- Oh, Crap: Drakken has a whiplash mood shift of his own when he goes from gloating about Kim being trapped in "an irreversible frenzy of rage" to realizing (when he hears that there were two Moodulator chips) that Shego is likewise frenzied with rage, directed at him.
- Photo Booth Montage: Shego gets Drakken into a photo booth. The audience sees the resulting pictures, concluding with one of her pouncing on him.
- Post-Kiss Catatonia: Ron is in a daze after Kim (under Moodulator influence) kisses him.
- Ship Sinking: Subverted. When the episode first aired, many were lead to believe that Kim and Ron would not have a romantic relationship...then along came So The Drama.
- Ship Tease: Both Kim/Ron (before they became an Official Couple in So the Drama) and Drakken/Shego.
- Shout-Out: Angry!Kim tells Ron that he's "got some splainin' to do!"
- Stalker with a Crush: Kim and Shego act like this toward Ron and Drakken, respectively, when the Moodulators get set to "love".
- Trick Dialogue: After a montage scene of Ron expressing his concerns about going from "friend" to "boyfriend", we find out that he's been talking to Mr. Barkin.
Barkin: Stoppable, how did you get in my house?!
- Troubled Fetal Position: Drakken curls up and sucks his thumb after dealing with Shego's wild emotional shifts, including rage.
Drakken: Did I forget your birthday? Is that what this is about? Because...I'm scared.
- Unstoppable Rage: Dr. Bortle calls it "irreversible frenzy of rage", but Rage!Kim and Shego spend several minutes relentlessly pursuing the terrified Ron and Drakken.
- Woman Scorned: When the Moodulator control gets broken while set to "rage", Kim (who had gotten a Let's Just Be Friends talk from Ron) and Shego (who Drakken had abandoned in the middle of a crying jag to carry out his evil scheme) start taking out their anger on their respective male partners.