Recap: Kim Possible S 1 E 17 The Twin Factor
Dr. Drakken and Shego steal something from a lab, a device which Drakken ominiously remarks will get him the "obedience" he wants. Meanwhile, Kim's brothers have been increasingly annoying towards her, posting an embarrassing picture of her all over Middleton. When she's called on to investigate Drakken's theft, she learns her parents are leaving for a marriage retreat/fishing trip and she must watch the boys; she resolves the problem by bringing them along on the mission.It turns out that the stolen device is Dr. Cyrus Bortle's latest invention — the "Neuro compliance chip" which is capable of "total mind control". A cutaway reveals that Drakken has already used the chip on Shego, replacing her usual insolence with placid subservience. After scanning Bortle's lab and finding a leaf from a plant in Peru, Kim and co head there, and she leaves Ron to watch the tweebs while she deals with Drakken in his new waterfall based lair. But, Drakken manages to surprise Kim as she approaches his lair, tagging her with another chip.Learning their sister is now under Drakken's control, the tweebs let Ron be captured and follow him back to the villain's lair. Using their silicon phase disruptor which they'd been working on throughout the episode, the twins disable the chips, causing an angry Shego to chase her boss out of the lair. Back in Middleton, the Possibles return with their marriage stronger than ever (and a whole mess of trout) and find the boys sleeping peacefully on the couch...due to Kim having used the chips on them.
This episode provides examples of:
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Bortle gives Jim one when the boys talk about building a silicon phase disruptor.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Jim and Tim, to Kim. They pull stunts like disconnecting a vital hose during a plane flight to find out what it did, nearly causing a crash. On the other hand, they ultimately save the day by shorting out the mind control chips.
- Aside Glance: Drakken appears to give one when he says "oh, I'm acting silly."
- Comically Missing the Point: Ron doesn't understand the proper meaning of "business"Ron: "Business?" Like what, banking?Kim: Ron, "business"; as in there won't be any (air quotes) rest stops.Ron: Kim, the boys are ten, they don't need to take a nap. I don't think rest will be an issue.
- Creepy Monotone: A variation — Kim and Shego talk in oddly chipper tones while under mind control.
- A Day in the Limelight: This is the first episode to really focus on Kim's brothers, and introduces thier signature "Hick-a-bick-a-boo?" "hoo-sha" Catch Phrase.
- Description Cut:Ron: At least they don't speak their own weirdo language.(cut to the tweebs in their room)Jim: Hick-a-bick-a-boo?Tim: Hoo-sha.
Kim: Yet another Take Over the World thing.Ron: That, or he's going to force people to listen to stories about his twisted childhood.(Cut to Drakken's lair — Shego is wearing a mind control chip and listening to Drakken.)Drakken: Then, in fourth grade, I developed a ray that controlled rubber products.
- After learning about the chips
- Evil Costume Switch: After being mind-controlled, Kim dresses in a copy of Shego's supervillain outfit. The oddity is mentioned but never explained.
- Happiness in Slavery: The neuro compliance chips cause those affected to speak in a chipper, happy voice, although it's unknown if that's a normal side effect, or Drakken programmed it that way.
- Hypno Trinket/Mind-Control Device: The neuro compliance chip.
- The Punishment Is the Crime: After the mind control chips are fried, Kim decides not to bother capturing Drakken, since he'll be punished "ten times worse" when Shego catches up to him.
- This Banana Is Armed: When the Tweebs announce that they have a silicon phase disruptor, Drakken is nervous for a moment, but then scoffs — he assumes that a real silicon phase disruptor is a refrigerator-sized device (like the one seen earlier in Bortle's lab). However, the Tweebs built a hand-sized version, which they use to remotely fry the mind control chips.
- With My Hands Tied: Ron managed to briefly evade Kim and Shego with his hands tied, then maneuvers so that one of Shego's attacks takes off the ropes.