Recap / Kim Possible S 1 E 16 Kimitation Nation
At school, Kim is complaining about the seniors and their exclusive table, which gets even worse when her nemesis, Bonnie Rockwaller
is allowed to sit there, despite not being a senior, due to wearing the latest fashion craze, pink pouf. Later, Kim goes on a mission to help scientist Dr. Fenster and protect another high-tech gadget
, from being stolen by Drakken & Shego. During the course of the mission, Kim crash lands into the Downloaded Music Awards, where she catches the attention of fashion icon Elsa Kleig.
Meanwhile, Drakken comes up with a new evil plan
— producing an army of clones. He runs into a snag when Shego absolutely refuses to let him clone her (having a no cloning clause in her contract) and walks off. While this is happening, Kleig creates a new fashion line based on Kim's mission clothes called "Kim Style," which becomes the new craze. However, Kim's attempt to take advantage of it to gain popularity fails, and she becomes fed up with it. At Drakken's lair, a TV report on the new trend gives him the idea to clone Kim instead... after all, who better to defeat Kim Possible than Kim Possible
? Drakken then travels to Middleton to steal Kim's DNA, but gets Bonnie's instead; however, the clone is still vicious, so he decides to work with it.
Kim, Ron & Monique have a run in with one of the clones, eventually locking it in a dumpster, where it dissolves for some reason. Tracking Drakken to his mobile base, Kim battles him, but not before he creates clones of Ron, Rufus, & herself. Hiding from her clones, Kim learns from Wade, who earlier scanned the remains of the Bonnie clone, that soda can destroy them. Luring the clones to Bueno Nacho, Kim uses the soda machine to destroy them all, while Drakken escapes after Shego returns from her vacation, promising to never clone her. Eventually, "Kim Style" goes out of style, but Kleig presents her new fashion line based on Ron's casual clothes, with Rufus as the model.
This episode provides examples of:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Drakken's clones are programmed with the lightning fast reflexes of a king cobra, the invincible strength of a rogue elephant, and the killer instinct of Commodore Puddles a cute, yet vicious poodle.
- Ambiguously Brown: One of the two henchmen Drakken brings with him.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Played with at the "Downloaded Music Awards":
Musician#1: Downloading is about the fans, yeah.
Musician#2: Fans rock.
Musician#1: Even though we don't get any money when you download.
Musician#2: No money... rocks!
Musician#1: No, mate, no money does not rock.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Regarding his henchmen, Drakken says "to clone anyone of you would be a crime against humanity even I am incapable of."
- Evil Knockoff: Drakken creates the Kim clones under the reasoning that the best person to beat Kim Possible is Kim Possible herself. He creates the Ron and Rufus clones by mistake when searching for Kim’s hair, but also sends them to fight Team Possible.
- Expendable Clone: All of the clones are killed off by the end of the episode, something nobody seems to notice. Granted, the clones spent the entire episode acting like rabid animals, so it might be they weren’t actually intelligent beings.
- Killer Rabbit: The Commodore Poodle: small, cute, and psychotically aggressive.
Henchman: “So small—and yet so evil.”
- Lampshade Hanging: "Kim Possible, you are such a loser. I mean, you wear that same stupid outfit, like, every day.
- Never My Fault: After finding out that he cloned Bonnie instead of Kim, Drakken blames his terrified henchmen for bringing him the wrong DNA—despite having retrieved the sample himself.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Elsa Kleig is based on Elsa Klench, who hosts a show about fashion on CNN.
- Not in My Contract: Shego has a "no cloning" clause in her contract.
- Rule of Three: For some reason, Drakken makes three of each clone.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Shego quits when Drakken won't drop the idea of cloning her.
- Send in the Clones: Drakken produces batches of Bonnie, Kim, Ron, and Rufus clones and sends them to attack Team Possible.
- Something Only They Would Say: Kim is able to recognize the real Bonnie because "only you would insult me like that."
- Strange Minds Think Alike:
Monique: You saved the Downloaded Music Awards, that's got to mean something here.
Ron: (slumping on table) And yet it doesn't, and it vexes me so.
(cut to Drakken's lair where he sits down behind his desk)
Drakken: Kim Possible always defeats me (slumps in same way as Ron) and it vexes me so.
- Surrounded by Idiots: After Shego leaves, Drakken briefly considers cloning some of his henchmen. He abandons the idea after taking another look at them and declaring that creating more of them would be "a crime against humanity of which even I am not capable".
- Weaksauce Weakness: Drakken's clones dissolve into goo when doused with soda water.
- You Are the New Trend: "Kim-Style" — a fashion designer looking for ideas sees a TV report of Kim's latest heroics and creates a new clothing line based on her mission outfit.
- Your Costume Needs Work: Bonnie and her clique dismiss Kim's actual mission outfit as a lame attempt at Kim-Style, telling her that she just can't carry it off.