Recap: Kim Possible S 1 E 16 Kimitation Nation
After a fairly routine (for them) mission thwarting Drakken and Shego's attempt to steal another high-tech gadget, Kim is noticed by a fashion designer, who uses her mission outfit as the basis for a new "Kim-Style" fashion that becomes all the rage. Meanwhile, Drakken comes up with a new evil plan — producing an army of clones. He runs into a snag when Shego absolutely refuses to let him clone her, but a TV report on the new trend gives him the idea to clone Kim instead... after all, who better to defeat Kim Possible than Kim Possible?
This episode provides examples of:
- Cloning Blues
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Played with at the "Downloaded Music Awards":Musician#1: Downloading is about the fans, yeah.
Musician#2: Fans rock.
Musician#1: Even though we don't get any money when you download.
Musician#2: No money... rocks!
Musician#1: No, mate, no money does not rock.
- Evil Knockoff/Send in the Clones: Drakken produces a batch of of Kim, Ron, and Rufus clones and sends them to attack Team Possible.
- Not in My Contract: Shego has a "no cloning" clause in her contract.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Shego quits when Drakken won't drop the idea of cloning her.
- Surrounded by Idiots: After Shego leaves, Drakken briefly considers cloning some of his henchmen. He abandons the idea after taking another look at them and declaring that creating more of them would be "a crime against humanity of which even I am not capable".
- When Drakken's first attempt produces a clone of Bonnie instead of Kim, he rants at his henchmen for bringing him the wrong DNA, even though Drakken was the one operating the collection drone and one of the henchmen asked him if he was sure he'd found the right locker.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Drakken's clones dissolve into goo when doused with soda water.
- You Are the New Trend: "Kim-Style" — a fashion designer looking for ideas sees a TV report of Kim's latest heroics and creates a new clothing line based on her mission outfit.
- Your Costume Needs Work: Bonnie and her clique dismiss Kim's actual mission outfit as a lame attempt at Kim-Style, telling her that she just can't carry it off.