Recap / Kim Possible S 2 E 30 Rewriting History
During a class field trip, Kim learns about an aunt she never knew she had (even morseo, looks exactly like her) who allegedly pulled 'the crime of the century'. Determined to save the family name, Kim goes on an incredibly weird adventure filled with amazing coincidences.
This episode features examples of:
- All Just a Dream: The end of the episode reveals that the whole thing was just a dream that Kim and Ron were having. According to Word of God however, the characters' ancestors really did exist.
- Chekhov's Gun: Ron's Spark Rock candy not sparking when he first got it turns out to be a clue to where the Electro Static Illuminator was.
- Contrived Coincidence: A whole episode full of them. Ron lampshades it continuously throughout the episode.
- Energy Absorption: The Electro Static Illuminator absorbs ambient electrical energy and releases the stored power from a set timer. A few seconds unleashes a massive lightning bolt, the driving conflict once it's found to still exist is that the timer was set for a century.
- Enhance Button: Wade was able to digitally enhance his Uncle Wayne's blacked out photos to get proof of Mim's innocence, much to Wayne's disdain.
- Generation Xerox: The main plot features parallel characters from a century ago; the closing scene presents museum exhibits showing ancient versions of Ron, Drakken, and Kim.
- Hypocritical Humor: Upon learning Dementor's real name is DeMenz, Drakken is shocked that he uses a fake name. Shego then quips "Yeah, can you imagine...Drew Lipski?".
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: This is what Drakken declares after Kim saves him and Shego from the exploding Electro Static Illuminator.
- No, Except Yes: When his lair has to be fumigated for mutant termites for two weeks, he asks the exterminator if it'll be tented the entire time.
Exterminator: Oh, no, out of the two weeks, the tent will only be up for, eh, fourteen days.
Drakken: Thank goodness...(beat) Very funny.
Exterminator: Eh, I do what I can.
- That Came Out Wrong: Upon learning how long the Electro Static Illuminator was set for, Ron dismissively says "Who cares about a 100 year old timer?"...right in Wayne's presence. He then meekly asks if that was the wrong place to ask that.