The Land Before Swine
A prehistoric beast snatches Mabel's pig Waddles and the Pines family must take a journey.
This Gravity Falls episode provides examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: Stan calls Waddles "Woggles" at one point.
- Accidental Murder: Soos killed a fairy once.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Interruption: "Well, sometimes you just gotta..." (realizes the pterodactyl is climbing back up) "...look out!"
- Bros Before Hoes: Or rather, bros before dinos.
- Coincidental Broadcast: Yes, the Huggy Wuvvy Tummy Bundle does work for pigs.
- Comically Missing the Point:
Mabel: Is somebody speaking? Because I can't hear anything!
Old Man Mcgucket: Oh, no! She's gone deaf with fear!
- Dead Hat Shot: One occurs when the pterodactyl drops Stan's fez into the nest.
- Eaten Alive: Old Man Mcgucket is Swallowed Whole by a pterodactyl.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Extreme Omnivore: Old Man Mcgucket has eaten some strange things before, but never a live pterodactyl.
- Eye Poke: The pterodactyl does it to Grunkle Stan in his story.
- Good News, Bad News: How Stan intended to break the news Waddles of being taken away to Mable.
Stan: Um- uh-The good news is, you're getting a puppy!
- Go Through Me: Stan delivers this line while defending Waddles from the pterodactyl (for real this time).
- The Load: Soos is this for much of the episode; lampshaded by a montage of Soos accidentally breaking stuff.
- Lost World: The gang from the Mystery Shack finds one in the caves beneath Gravity Falls.
- Poker: Stan, Mabel, and Waddles play it during the credits gag.
- Ptero Soarer
- Raptor Attack: One of the sap-encased dinosaurs is a featherless, two-fingered dromaeosaurid the size of a Utahraptor.
- Self-Serving Memory: When Stan tells Mabel how the pterodactyl managed to steal Waddles, the details were somewhat off.
- Shout-Out: Stan makes one to Jurassic Park.
- Spaghetti Kiss: According to Old Man McGucket's weird personal story, he shared one with a raccoon over a slab of meat they were fighting over.
- Sticky Situation: Dipper and Soos get stuck together with sap early on. Near the end, the same thing happens to Mabel and Grunkle Stan.
- Tell Him I'm Not Speaking to Him: Mabel gives Stan the silent treatment.
- Tempting Fate: Soos declares "nothing can go wrong!" with his and Dipper's plan to capture a monster on film... then he high-fives Dipper with a hand covered in tree sap.
- Took a Level in Badass: Stan, when he attacks and rides the pterodactyl.
- You! Exclamation: Stan gives one to Waddles after he ruins one of Stan's tours by eating the Corn-icorn.