Recap / Family Guy S 5 E 10 Peters Two Dads
During Meg's 17th birthday party, Peter (dressed as a clown) accidentally kills his Bible-thumping father, Francis, and, after quitting beer for crack cocaine, visits Bruce the hypnotist and discovers that Francis isn't his biological father. Meanwhile, Stewie begins acting bratty and Lois swatting him on the butt leads to Stewie wanting more abuse
This episode contains examples of:
- Addiction Displacement: Peter tries to overcome his alcoholism by replacing it with crack. Brian even states that it's not a good substitute.
- Bait and Switch: Brian asks Peter where he got crack:
Peter: From Blacks.
Brian: (appalled) What?!
Peter: Yeah, right behind Black's Hardware Store. There's a white guy selling it.
- A Birthday, Not a Break: Though it's not really commented upon, Francis dies during Meg's 17th birthday party.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Stewie at the beginning.
- Heel Realization: Stewie admits he has problems about wanting to be hit by Lois.
- Identical Father: Mickey McFinnigan looks a lot like Peter (which explains why he's Peter's biological father rather than Francis).
- Ironic Echo Cut: After Peter blames alcohol for the death of Francis, Peter vows never to drink again. Cut to Peter smoking crack as a substitute.
- Killed Off for Real: Francis.
- National Stereotypes:
Peter: This is quite a country, Brian. You know, Ireland has more drunks per capita than people.
Brian: That's a negative stereotype. I don't think the Irish drink as much as people say they do.
[the plane touches down in Ireland, and the runway is covered in beer bottles]
- Reality Ensues: Stewie may be a megalomaniac evil genius, but he's still a one-year-old baby, as evidenced by his "Mine!" phase, and cries hysterically when he gets spanked for misbehaving.
- Same Content, Different Rating: When this episode first aired on [adult swim], it was rated TV-MA (possibly because of the Imagine Spot of a muscular Lois beating up Stewie and Stewie being put on the rack and sexually tortured). On FOX and later airings on [adult swim], the episode was TV-14 for suggestive dialogue (D), sexual situations (S), and violence (V).
- Take That: To Failure to Launch. Peter insists he's tough, because he made it through half of the movie.
Tripp: I just never managed to get my life together. Isn't that hilarious?
Paula: You're cute!
Peter: (stands up) DONE. (walks out)
- Too Kinky to Torture: Stewie gradually becomes this after being hit by Lois.
Stewie: Well, you know what'll ease your stress? Slap me across the face like a bitch!
Lois: It's all right. I'll get some windex.
Stewie: Come on! Discipline me! Make me wear panties, rub dirt in my eye, violating me with a wine bottle- my God, I really do have problems, don't I?
- Was Too Hard on Him: Lois really regretted spanking Stewie.