This episode contains examples of:
- Animation Bump: Due to the original sequence in Anchors Aweigh having full animation, Stewie is animated much more elaborately than usual during the dance number (also because they needed to cover up Jerrynote , who dances with Gene Kelly in the actual film).
- Evil Laugh: Devil Stewie emits one.
- Roger Rabbit Effect: Stewie dances with Gene Kelly in a sequence from Anchors Aweigh.
- Shout-Out: When Stewie and Brian's helicopter is about to crash, Brian looks over and imagines Stewie as the devil.
- Take That: In a DVD-exclusive scene, Lois badmouths a DVD called Stymie Gruffin: The Untold Story (a rip-off of the Family Guy DVD-exclusive movie "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Stories"), deriding it as being "three episodes shown back-to-back" and that "FOX should be ashamed of themselves" (which gets cut off by two men in black suits dragging her away).
- Weird Currency: The helicopter can be rented for cash, check or a jaunty tune. The reasoning for that last one is that the rental agreement was drafted when musicals were still culturally relevant.