Recap: Family Guy S 2 E 1 Peter Peter Caviar Eater
Original air date: September 23, 1999When Lois' Aunt Marguerite dies, she leaves Lois her summer home, Cherrywood Manor, giving The Griffins a taste of the wealthy life (which Lois wanted to leave behind because of how elitist everyone is).
This episode contains examples of:
- Blatant Lies: Peter's attempts to pass Cherrywood Manor as a historical site. The most blatant of them is trying to convince someone that Jesus was there before his own birth.
- The Dreaded: Aunt Margueriite to Peter at least. Lois attempts desperately to keep her upcoming visit a secret.
- Freudian Slip: In a flashback to when Peter first met Lois:Peter: (to Lois) Hi, my name is towel. I have a Peter for you. I mean, my name is Peter. I'll be your nipples. Towel boy! Oh, jeez.
- Funny Background Event: When Peter tells a story about his buddy's sister's boss who was drinking with a hooker in a Vegas bar and woke up without his kidneys, a man in the background is disgusted and vomits.
- Gasshole: Peter's verses in "We Only Live to Kiss Your Ass" are:Peter: Used to pass, lots of gas / Lois ran awaaaaay / Now we've got, thirty rooms! / Hello beans, goodbye spray!
- The Makeover: Peter is transformed into a socialite by the end of act 2.
- No Social Skills: Peter is portrayed as this.Peter: Teach me how to be a gentleman.
Brian: Peter, it's not really that hard. Let's start with polite conversation. For example, "It's a pleasure to see you again. Lovely weather we're having." Now you try.
Peter: "It's a pleasure to see you again. After Hogan's Heroes, Bob Crane got his skull crushed in by a friend who videotaped him having rough sex." How's that?
Brian: Wow, perfect. My work is done. But just for the heck of it, let's try again.
- Obnoxious In-Laws: The entire Pewterschmidt family loathes Peter because he isn't wealthy and elegant (par Lois who loves him because). Aunt Marguerite makes sure to get one final insult at him in her Video Will.
- Shout-Out: When Peter and Lois are about to be given Marguerite's will, Peter says, "What did we get? Come on, big money! No whammy! Stop!"
- While exploring the mansion, Stewie comes across twins, who want him to play with them forever and ever.
- During the auction, Peter bids "$100 million" and holds his pinky up to his mouth.
- Brian says "I am your father!" to Peter.
- Song Parody: "We Only Live to Kiss Your Ass", a parody of "I Think I'm Gonna Like it Here" from Annie.
- Spoiled Brat: One of the wealthy socialites is portrayed this way:Man: Coco, the day I graduate from Harvard, I'm gonna carry you off into the sunset on a white horse.
Coco: It better be a stretch horse with leather seats and a chauffeur.
Man: (to Lois) Isn't she a bit of terrific?
- Stock Legal Phrases: Peter tells Lois that sometimes it's appropriate to swear. The cutaway is Peter on the witness stand:Cop: Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
Peter: I do....... you bastard.
- Unexpected Inheritance: It's only after Marguerite Pewterschmidt dies that Lois and Peter learn she left them an inheritance.
- Video Wills: Marguerite Pewterschmidt leaves one to Lois, done in the style of Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous.