In a World
where imaginary beings aren't just the product of a child's mind, and are actual living creatures, it wouldn't be surprising that beings that are the stuff of nightmares
would come into existence as well.
- Let's face it, Destination Imagination got pretty creepy at times. Especially whenever World got mad...
- Also Wilt's backstory. Y'know how he's missing an arm and in the first episode, he explains he used to play basketball but now can't? It is because one of his basketball opponents slammed him into a wall, crushing his arm beyond repair and (although not actually shown but fairly obviously implied) causing it to be amputated..
- A By the Lights of Their Eyes gag in "Blooooo" shows that the crushed eyestalk doesn't see, so Wilt only has one working arm and one working eye.
- It's done again in Destination: Imagination. But both his eyes are seen in the gag
- Berry Scary is right...Berry's facial expressions coupled with her insanity...
- Terrence imagines a pizza friend...and then promptly eats him. Played for laughs.
- Not if you realize what that poor pizza went through... "How-dee-doo! I luh-ove you- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!"
- That episode where Bloo catches a cold and turns white. I forget the title but there's an extended Shout-Out to I Know What You Did Last Summer and until the end of the episode where we see that the guy is just a friend looking for the house, it is really creepy.
- The episode where Bloo accidentally gives Mr. Herriman a heart attack from his Halloween prank and he comes back as a zombie. Sure it was a prank to get back at Bloo, but it was still damn creepy!
- The creepiest parts were probably the slow shots of a mostly empty Foster's. The place is so huge it would be really creepy to move through it at night. On top of that, the show makes some good use of Nothing Is Scarier when Bloo goes back to get the snake-in-a-can gag.
- And in the same episode, Wilt wears a fake arm on his amputated nub that pops off to spook kids. When you learn his backstory, it becomes a "Funny Aneurysm" Moment.
- We all know that Berry is a Yandere to the highest order, but then there's "Affair Weather Friends". She kidnaps a family, hijacks a large house and disguises herself as a rich kid to lure Bloo away from Mac and keep him to herself. Oh and she has a Stalker Shrine.
- She also attempted to run Mac over with a toy train.
- Was I the only one a little creeped out by Mac going sugar crazy in the episode Partying is such Sweet Soiree?
- Goo in general. She herself isn't scary, but the fact that she has no control over creating imaginary friends, to the point that her parents stop by often (they actually give a measurement of time in the show, every few weeks or something like that) to drop off bumper crops of friends she's created by accident. At one point she thinks that she's got it under control, only to wake up one morning with her room full of friends that she described earlier in the episode but thought she had surpressed. It ends up getting played for laughs in the group picture episode, where Herriman asks her to make a few friends that are similar to ones that just got adopted so that he doesn't have to rearrange everyone. She spends most of the episode refusing to do it (as she's fully aware of how much of a problem her power is), but they eventually slip out when she's a little distracted; she's pretty shocked by it, but Herriman takes it all in stride because now the picture is back on track.
- This face◊.... This face that Frankie makes... *shudders*