Mundane Made Awesome: Web Original
- In The Angry Video Game Nerd
- His video on Die Hard: The Licensed Game for the NES, the nerd attempts to properly beat the game. The game proves to be so frustrating that everything around him explodes while the Die Hard music plays and he is constantly jumping and rolling away from the blasts, as well as sweating and bleeding. Eventually, sick of the game, he rips the game out of the NES, yells "Yippie-Ki-Yay, motherfucker!!" and throws it behind him and jumps Die Hard style from the massive explosion it causes.
- His Super Mario Bros. 3 review and the firefight between him (paired with Super Mecha Death Christ 2000) and the Devil (paired with an assload of newly possessed consoles). You just have to see it for yourself.
- In his Michael Jackson's Moonwalker review, he winds up going berzerk, kasplodes his room and......turns into a cat and walks away. Probably an appropriate Michael Jackson reference.
- That cat, aka Deathkitty, returns in the Atari Jaguar review to fight off the spinning Jaguar cube that comes out of the screen.
- And the review of Swordquest. He turns a video game contest into an epic adventure which has not been seen since King Arthur.
- Homestar Runner:
- The Strong Bad Email alternate universe delivers this explanation of why Strong Badman's secret lair is an apartment:
Strong Badman: Because, mere mortal... this apartment... IS RENT CONTROLLED! ...and water's included."
Strong Bad: Is that why all your faucets are running?
Strong Badman: MU-HU-HU-HA-HA! Those dimwits down at the public works won't know what hit them!
Strong Bad: So that's your evil plan? To waste water?
Strong Badman: And not pay for it!
- One cartoon is a rap song about how using a Fish Eye Lens makes everything look cool.
- The Strong Bad Email alternate universe delivers this explanation of why Strong Badman's secret lair is an apartment:
- The Remarkable Journey of Higgins von Higgings. It has to be seen to believed.
- The Nostalgia Critic tests just how far this trope can go towards the end of this video.
Critic: I've got some bitching to doooooo!
- In the middle of The Final Brawl, with epic battle going on around them, the Nerd dramatically bellowing and raising his fist... before placing a Geek Fight card on a table. The Critic responds in kind, and they argue about the power level...
- Then there's the end of the Moulin Rouge! review, in which the Critic and the Chick get an epic musical number about a) how the Critic dislikes his job, and b) what the Chick is having for dinner. It reaches its peak when they sing dramatically about the Critic accidentally rhyming a line he hadn't intended to.
"First: You need to put... your... gloves on. No matter how long it takes, NO MATTER THE DIFFICULTY, you must GET IT ON!"
- This is essentially his opinion on some of the scenes in the Bridge to Terabithia film.
- His epic salute to the Denny's Red, White, and Blue pancakes.
- Lampshaded on The Spoony Experiment during his Phantasmagoria review. During one scene when ominous music is playing, he sings (with the music) "Cubicle isn't scary!" Also during very boring scenes the Spoony One will shout "PHANTASMAGORIA! PUZZLE OF THE FLESH!" in a dramatic voice, a joke which returned in his reviews of Ripper and The Ring: Terror's Realm.
- The Nostalgia Chick has fun with this at the climatic scene of Pocahontas, telling everyone what to do in order to make it more EPIC.
- In the lonelygirl15 episode "Foosball Battle", a game of table football is portrayed through epic close-ups and accompanied by the William Tell Overture.
- Sounds similar to a German film called Absolut Gigantisch. Although the physically impossible finishing move (yes, that's a table-football finishing move) was pretty freakin' cool.
- Dragon Ball Z Abridged:
Goku: "Gohan, follow Krillin. Get home to your mother."Gohan: "Right, daddy. Is there anything you want me to tell her?"Goku: "Yes, Gohan. Tell her..."* Zoom in to Goku. Hardcore rock guitar.*Goku: "...to put dinner on!"* More zoom. Guitar continues.*Goku: "..because I'm hungry!"* Extreme close-up. Guitar continues and then dies out.*
- Rhett & Link love this trope. Their songs include "Phatdippin'," "Epic Rap Battle," "In The '80s," and "The Shamwow Song," and a short video series called The Surrogate Sharers, in which they present embarrassing confessions on behalf of others.
- Arguably, their opus in this is "How to Kill A Moustache" in which they come up with no less than 15 nicknames for a moustache and finish the act of shaving by putting the clippings on a raft, setting it ablaze, and sending it down a river.
- Kind of the whole idea behind the YouTube channel Epic Meal Time.
- Dot Dot Dot.
- Only if served *Also Sprach Zarathustra plays as a sign reading With Onions is slowly raised, to uproarious applause*
- Retro Game Master, a translation of a Japanese TV show, can get into this pretty often. It's about a guy trying to complete classic NES-era games in single playthroughs. The commentary translation sounds very literal, which in English tends to result in some... interesting emphasis. MIGHTY BOMB JACK, anyone?
- In Boatmurdered one dwarf "made about the awesomest shirt ever◊".
- Is the subject of the video a farming simulator? How could this possibly not end in epic gardening... TO SHOW THEM ALL!
- Linkara has stated multiple times that a "Collector's Issue" is NOT so unless it contains a Mr. T trading card. And then Mr.T and the T-Force #2 comes with such a card. He holds it aloft as it begins to glow like a sun and angels sing its praise. AND IT IS GLORIOUS.
- Annoying Orange: "I'm a sock, yeah!"
- Polnareff gives Enya Geil a back massage in a Star Platinum-like manner during the first episode of the Justice arc in Vaguely Recalling JoJo. He even comes up with a repeated yell: "Momi Momi Momi Momi Momi!" The back massage restores Enya's youth
- From NextG Poop, we have the evil villain The Wal.
The Wal: Hello. I am The Wal. I have come to return to power.NextG: You will NOT return to power, you stupid jerk!The Wal: That's what YOU think!
- In Plague and Treachery on the Oregon Trail, when the decision came over what to do once they reached Snake River, Chewbot said he'd count anyone who posted their vote in the form of a haiku as two votes.
Think about it. What's more ridiculous than dozens of internet strangers voting on the river-crossing status of a fictional family based on an educational game that was created 30 years ago? Haiku about it.
- The reason behind YTMND's Dramatic Reading of a Real Breakup Letter from a Real Person and, to a greater extent, the entire Epic Maneuver meme focused around adding an epic, half-orchestral Nightwish soundtrack to animated images of people performing "epic" acts.
- This. It's Board James attempt at making a review of Crossfire that is as awesome as the nineties advert for it. It features a heavy metal soundtrack.
- Also, "MOTHERFUCKER MIKE."
- Search Youtube for "Duel of the Fates" (a song full of Ominous Sanskrit Chanting from Star Wars Episode I). Whatever isn't music videos is most likely a variation of this.
- At least one use has been piping it and similar epic orchestral music over a war-gaming convention.
- 3 words: Dramatic Prairie Dog.
- The Great Office War
- POWERTHIRST! ROCKET EDITION!
- "Subject verb object MADE EPIC!!!"
- This small Flash animation sums this trope up in a nutshell.
- Those with epilepsy should not press "random" on that page.
- The Most Dramatically Normal Day Ever trailer. Set to Lux Aeterna.
- Arguably, the entire point of Batman Goes Shopping.
- Also Butterfly Man. Warning: Do not watch this video if you are eating or drinking anything.
- YouTube Dubber allows you to put your choice of Crowning Music of Awesome to a video of your choice. Will you be wanting the Megalith Roll, sir?
- Sharper FX. Websites for churches and Christian organizations have never been so seizure-inducing epic.
- The Youtube Poop fad "X does Y while I play unfitting music" often invokes this, for example in This one, this one, and this one.
- Or this one.
- At some point, one has to wonder how much more ridiculous video game-to-film adaptations can get. Wonder no more: Minesweeper the film is here.
"You are here because you are the best of the best! You come to me as beginners! When I'm through with you, you'll be experts! You are here! To sweep! MINES!"
- A Literal Music Video is an Internet meme wherein the lyrics for a song are rewritten to describe what's going on in the video. Lampshade Hanging has never been so epic.
- There are many, many examples in AMV Hell, but easily the most dramatic is the first two minutes of AMV Hell 4.
- Inception music + Hotel Mario = What do you mean, it's not Epic?
- The entire joke behind this video.
- Boxing match commentary can spice anything up. Even...a slap fight between a pair of cats.
- What if making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich was like a QTE from God of War?
- An epic battle between lifelike Mario and Luigi character models, grunting and growling through a battle with intense music... and squeaky hammers. 
- For Michael Bay, getting the mail is serious business.
- So is eating a bowl of cereal. Behold.
- Japanese comedy troupe Ramens dramatizes origami into a mortal combat in this The Japanese Tradition: Origami.
- Barats and Bereta are quite fond of this trope and have turned ordinary things like children's games, the Neighborhood Watch Committee, April Fools' Day, and taking shots into unbelievably awesome things using dramatic music, dramatic lighting, and Narm.
- "Shrimp on a Treadmill" is interesting enough as a study of how diseases and pollution affect the endurance of ocean creatures. Then YouTube got hold of it and started making music videos...
- Extreme rice.
- An epic turkey.
- This whole video but especially around 7:00-7:30. (Contains destruction of actual pig carcasses.)
- EPIC SNAIL.
- CHESS CHESS CHESS CHESS CHESS CHESS!!!!!!
- Jotaro, riding a narwhal. And by proxy, this, set to Narwhals by Weebl
- Making Chocolate Pudding at 4 AM has never been so epic.
- Double Rainbow! What does it mean?
- Who says Stephen Fry isn't awesome?
- As Scourge Chat Log #2 points out, usually awesomeness of a nickname is inversely proportional to awesomeness of a netizen wearing it:
[Killzone男aeden]: Rule of Guild Names: The more awesome the guild name tries to sound, the more the guild sucks.[Killzone男aeden]: If I see, like, "Lords Of Chaos And Darkness"... done[Killzone男aeden]: "The Right Hand Of God"... they don't even make it through the instance[Killzone男aeden]: But if I ever see, like, "Ain't Misbehavin"[Killzone男aeden]: I'm like SHIT
- A review of the parody RPG Super PSTW not only missed the point of the game, but was so poorly written that it prompted this dramatic reading.
- This LiveJournal comment: "DO YOU ALL HEAR ME?! THE HOUR OF JUSTICE IS COMING FOR ALL BITCHES, THE HOUR OF TRUTH!!!" in response to someone's fanfic getting a negative review.
- Celebrity gossip blog Just Jared writes breathless, awestruck stories about celebrities doing mundane things. Activities such as grocery shopping, taking their kids to school, doctor's visits and going to Subway for lunch are presented as being so much more amazing than normal because reality show contestants and bottom tier celebrities are doing them.
- This YouTube video has a political commentator going to a protest gathering outside a town hall and he tried to play up the (mostly harmless) people there as a dangerous angry mob.
- This video would just be a lecture about how life could have originated, if it weren't set to Ode to Joy. The sequel (about the origin of the genetic code) is set to Carmina Burana.
- A stick figure tries to open a door◊.
- Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf - Epic Version. The Very True, Incredibly Epic and Completely Heroic story of how Lieutenant G.W. Bush won the first gulf war. "Take That, Iraqistan!". Megadrive game updated with a Big Damn Score by some of Hollywood's finest.
- Vegan Black Metal Chef combines metal music, studded leather, face makeup, Satanic imagery, and intricate sacrificial knives to make... a vegan cooking show.
- Every time Shesh Besh (a.k.a. Backgammon) is played it is precisely this awesome.
- Batman eats a hotdog.
- These two videos make a MLG montage out of a train simulator.
- Sittin' on tha toilet!
- What do you mean ping pong is not awesome?
- This mineral water commercial made by Lithuanian students is Brawndo Up to Eleven.
- There's this video about a guy making a sandwich. How's that not awesome?
- Kitten vs SCARY THING!!!
- This video sets a flooding storm drain to Latin. From the video:
- "SHOUTING LATIN / MAKES FOR DRA-MA / THAT'S WHY YOU'RE ALL STILL WATCHING"
- Joel Bauer's business card.
- Joel Bauer: It doesn't fit in a rolodex because it doesn't belong in a rolodex.
- Extreme Shepherding.
- Similarly, Extreme Ironing.
- Dr. Seuss story-time is epic.
- What do you mean cleaning a room isn't awesome?
- Inception Music Makes Everything Intense.
- The epic frog.
- Slinky on Treadmil
- The short animation "Alarm" is all about a man repeatedly turning off his alarm clocks when they wake him up in the morning.
- Eat Your Kimchi: Invoked almost word-for-word whenever Simon gets custom clothes.
- Guile's theme makes everything awesome. Check out Princess Diana's funeral.
- The image-sharing website Danbooru has a "Mundane Made Awesome" image pool, which they openly admit was inspired by TV Tropes.
- Muselk's Team Fortress 2 video series Extreme Rancho Relaxo, where Muselk sits in a chair... IN THE SKY! ON A ROOF! IN THE FLOOR! OFF A CLIFF!