Itís important to know when your surroundings arenít bringing out the best in you. This is true in every facet of life. Often, there isnít much you can do about it. With this, I can. The things that were stopping me were so bogus and pointless. If my Internet desires run no further than running a goofy site that people have fun with, I could be doing that so much more effectively. Hopefully, now I will! Because I donít know how a site that launches with photos of a rubber dinosaur eating cake could ever be not-fun.Dinosaur Dracula
is a website created by Matt Carracappas, who became well-known for his former site X-Entertainment
. This site is basically a sequel to that one.
Like X-Entertainment, the site mostly revolves around nostalgia - toys, games, commercials, food, etc, all written with an eye for the small things and a healthy dose of humor and insanity.
This site contains examples of:
- Author Appeal: It's obvious that Matt likes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Additionally, he has a fondness for holidays, particularly Halloween and Christmas.
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Dem Bones: Carlo, though he has a zombie head.
- Does Not Like Spam: According to this post, Matt hates Milky Ways.
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time: Matt says this about a video made for the site's launch.
- The Leader: Matt considers the pumpkin Milky Way bucket to be the leader, because of his (supposed) muscles and assuredness (making him a Type 3).
- Logo Joke: The logo dresses up for Halloween.
- Mascot: Quite a few, some of which are carried over from X-E. There's Dino Drac himself, obviously. Carried over from X-E are Harley (a mischievous, gremlin like creature), and Shrunken Apple Head, whose origins are explained in this old X-E article.
- Man Child: Matt, in the most awesome way possible.
- Mr. Imagination: Not many people can take marshmallows and make them into a science-fiction story about oppression.
- Mundane Made Awesome: A hallmark of Matt's writing.
- Rule of Cool