"Higgins Von Higgings! Your incredible journey ends today!"
The Remarkable Journey of Higgins Von Higgings is a Web Video short by The Duncan Brothers.In a remote desert setting, two rivals, the titular protagonist and his arch-nemesis Corporal Tyrannis, meet and decide to settle their differences for the last time.Despite being only nineteen seconds long, it manages to squeeze in lots of tropes, especially ones belonging to the Rule of Cool department.
This short unleashes the examples of:
- Amulet of Concentrated Awesome: The Medallion!?
- Awesomeness Is Volatile: Higgins' and Tyrannis' duel is too awesome for their own good, as it causes an explosion which presumably kills them both.
- Autobots, Rock Out!: The whole point of the video.
- Badass Cape: Higgins Von Higgings gains one as he transforms.
- Bittersweet Ending: Higgins Von Higgings sacrifices himself to ensure that Corporal Tyrannis is defeated.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Anthropomorphic raptors, to be exact.
- The Fantastic Trope of Wonderous Titles: The Remarkable Journey of Higgins Von Higgings.
- Final Battle: Well, one assumes, since they both explode at the end.
- Giving Someone the Pointer Finger: Tyrannis is constantly pointing at Higgins.
- In Medias Res: We aren't given any backstory as to who Higgins Von Higgings and Corporal Tyrannis are, or why they're fighting; we start off at their final showdown.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: Tyrannis might be evil, but he wears a nice suit.
- Mirrored Confrontation Shot: The page image.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Corporal Tyrannis.note
- Nice Hat: Higgings' cap.
- No Ending: The video ends with an all-obscuring explosion. No one could have survived that, surely... could they?
- Oh Crap!: Tyrannis gets one when he sees that Higgins Von Higgings has The Medallion!?
- Power Glows / Echoes: HOOOOOO!
- Putting on the Reich: Tyranus wears a Stahlhelm, a distinctly shaped helmet worn primarily by the Wehrmacht during WWII.
- Rummage Sale Reject: Higgins Von Higgings's outfit is very eclectic.
- The Power of Rock: Higgins Von Higgings and Tyrannis decide to settle their differences in an epic guitar solo duel.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: Higgins: "Let's finish this." Cpl. Tyrannis: "You're mine."
- Repetitive Name: The Remarkable Journey of Higgins Von Higgings. (The third "g" in "Higgings" is silent.)
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Cpl. Tyrannis appears to be a lizard of some sort, and the bad guy.
- Say My Name: Cpl. Tyrannis does this in the very beginning.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Worn by Higgins Von Higgings.
- Spell My Name with an "S": We never see the name spelled— is it Tyranus, Tyrannus, or Tyrannis?
- Title Drop: Slightly averted.
- Transformation Sequence: Brought on by Higgins von Higgings using The Medallion!?
- Transformation Trinket: The Medallion!?
- Troperiffic: Perhaps not if this were a full-sized work, but it's not even half a minute long.
- This work averages one trope a second, if you go by relative terms.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: Scotsman vs. well-dressed tyrannosaurus.
- The Von Trope Family: The Remarkable Journey of Higgins Von Higgings.
- World of Ham: Granted, we only get to see nineteen seconds' worth of dialogue, but it's all very dramatic.