"NextG Poop. It does everything! (bark) Except find your underwear."
It's not gonna find your underwear.NextG Poop
is a YouTube Poop
webseries created by aspiring film producer Matt de Rojas, a.k.a. "NextG", that aired on...well, YouTube
from July 30, 2007 to June 27, 2012. Like most poops, NextG Poop
's episodes contain downright surreal
remixes of several clips from television, animation, film, music and plenty of other stuff. Matt has also uploaded other stuff on his channel, such as the unrelated series KYTV
, a simulation of a low-budget, technical-difficulty-ridden television network that's based off of The BBC series of the same name
The series can be watched individually or entirely here
Tropes related to NextG Poop
- All Just a Dream: Apparently, "Something to Do with NextG Poop" is actually the wet dream of a cartoon warthog.
- Clumsy Copyright Censorship: Because YouTube muted any episode that had it, in mid-season 3 the theme song was switched from The Rembrandts' "I'll Be There for You" to Plain White T's' "Take Me Away". But other than that, there was no other changes to the intro, resulting in issues where the song doesn't sync up with certain parts of the video on-screen. YouTube has since un-muted the episodes, however.
- Content Warnings: One appears on "A NextG Poop...Shaken, Not Stirred." It warns viewers of "overly political content" and tells people to "keep your political opinions where they belong.....NOT HERE!!!!".
- Foreshadowing: Some of the earliest episodes in the series contain clips that would later become fixtures of later episodes.
- Grand Finale: "NextG Poop and the (Supposedly) Last Crusade"
- Lost Episode/Keep Circulating the Tapes: Part 3 of the Everybody Now! special was taken down by YouTube for infringing copyright, and it hasn't been re-uploaded ever since.
- Mundane Made Awesome: The Wal.
- Overly-Long Gag: Played straight, lampshaded and then subverted in "What NextG Poop Says, NextG Poop Does". Matt ends the episode right when he realizes his Bridezillas clip is being shown for too long and things are starting to get out of hand.
Matt: Okay, okay, that's enough—Mark, take us outta here.
(cut to season 3 website promo)
Mark: Yeah, I think we stayed on that scene a little bit too long, if you ask me.
Matt: I didn't know it would break out like that.
Mark: That's true.
- Plenty of them in "We'll Return Right After We Take a NextG Poop". "To the question." "What." "The answer." "What."
- Replaced the Theme Tune: Done three times during the series. First, the show used The Rembrandts' "I'll Be There for You", then used Plain White T's' "Take Me Away", and finally a currently unknown J-pop theme.
- Relax-o-Vision: "And so Orihime attacked in a scene of such spectacular proportions, it could never in your life be seen in a low-budget poop like this."
- Running Gag: "ASS!" (BONUS!)
- The "WTF?" Kid is used to signify the weirder moments in the show.
- "Meanwhile, not far away..."
- Shout-Out: This show makes a LOT of references to British television and film.
- "These are the Voyages of NextG Poop" and the first part of "NextG Poop Remix" both begin with a homage to the start of the special edition DVD of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, in which an incorrect film is played at first and a grumbling, off-scren projectionist takes out the wrong film and places in the correct film.
- The other NextG series KYTV is based off of the BBC series of the same name.
- Many episode titles are shout outs, such as "The First Rule About NextG Poop Is...".
- The Stinger: Used in a lot of episodes.
- Stupid Statement Dance Mix: PANTS. SHIRTS. PLEATED SKIRTS.
- Tremes. (bi ba ba ba ba bah)
- Take That: "Now Remember Billy, Only Retards Wear Their Collars Up" is a gigantic middle finger to YouTube's copyright policy.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Used in "The NextG Poop NewsHour", where WordGirl tells Jim Lehrer she's "10 and a half, bitch."