Literal Music Video
Literal Music Videos are a collection of music videos in which the vocals are replaced with a Gag Dub describing the action occurring on the screen. Alternatively, a music video where the images literally display all of the action described in the lyrics.
- Babs Seed
- Billie Jean
- Birdhouse In Your Soul
- Blue (Da Ba Dee)
- Non-video example: Lee Evans does a sketch to "Bohemian Rhapsody" in which he literally mimes the events described in the song as one of his signature pieces. He often performs it as his encore.
- Daydream Believer
- For The First Time In Forever
- Let It Go
- Like A Prayer
- Literal Pants
- Loser (creator Dustin McLean joked on his website that Beck created a video where the literal lyrics "almost make more sense than the original!")
- Never Gonna Give You Up (yes, there had to be a Rick Roll)
- [Note: The link is now dead, please replace.]
- Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Stop The Bats
- Take On Me (The Trope Maker)
- This Day Aria
- Total Eclipse of the Heart
- Under the Bridge
- Video Killed the Radio Star (inverted)
- The Way To Your Heart
- We Didn't Start the Fire
- We Made You (inverted)
- What My Cutie Mark Is Telling Me
- White Wedding
- With Arms Wide Open
- You're Beautiful
- Non-remix example: Dermot & Dave's Eurovision Song, whose lyrics consist entirely of Lampshade Hanging on the songwriting clichés and random imagery ("Calculator Bear!")
- A gag in A Touch of Cloth II involves Jack going into a Bad-Guy Bar with cliched rap music playing on the soundtrack. The rapper, however, just describes what's going on as the characters Power Walk through the bar, even commenting on the Male Gaze sexism.
- Vance Joy has "Riptide", which portrays all of it's actions and even a Gag Sub to portray the Word Salad Lyrics to a T.