There's something wrong with this Art Club!
Usami Mizuki has a problem with the Art Club: the club president is a slacker, their newly-recruited kouhai hardly shows up, and the only other person who takes his work (somewhat) seriously, Uchimaki Subaru, is more concerned about painting the 'Ultimate 2-D Bride' than doing any 'proper' work! Will this Art Club ever get their affairs in order?Kono Bijutsubu Niwa Mondai ga Aru!
was originally a two-shot Slice of Life
manga by Imigi Muru, and now serialized in Dengenki Maoh
Kono Bijutsubu Niwa Mondai ga Aru! provides examples of:
- Amusing Injuries: Oh, the numerous times Usami has done this to the Club President!
- But Not Too Foreign: Collette
- Can Not Spit It Out: Usami is definitely developing feelings towards Uchimaki.
- Corrupt the Cutie: Collette tends to do this with the neighourhood kid, Moeka.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Collette, and her numerous antics.
- Club President: Subverted, as he just uses the room to sleep all the time.
- Ditzy Genius: Uchimaki may qualify...if he could be bothered with painting normal artwork. One of his paintings of a 2-D Bride won second prize in a contest, though.
- Dojikko: Tachibana Yumeko-sensei, the new club advisor for the Art Club.
- Dropping The Bombshell: Happened during the two-shot, when Uchimaki revealed he was leaving the Art Club since he was about to finish his perfect 2-D Bride.
- Every Man Has His Price: The way the former club advisor, Koyama-sensei, managed to commission posters for other clubs...by bribing the club president with a box of books.
- Hide the Evidence: What the Club President and Uchimaki were trying to do when they accidentally ruined Usami's entry to an art contest.
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time: Painting the school swimming pool with water-soluble paint... unfortunately, the President didn't bother checking the label!
- Japanese School Club: The series pretty much centres on the school's Art Club.
- Oblivious to Love: Uchimaki to Usami's feelings.
- Only Sane Man: Usami feels that she's the only one in the club who takes the club activities seriously.
- Otaku: Uchimaki, who's obsessed with creating the Ultimate 2-D Bride
- Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Definitely the feel of the club early on, until Koyama-sensei, the old club advisor, commissioned a poster on behalf of the other clubs.
- Shipper on Deck: Usami's friends.
- Sleepyhead: The Club President.
- Stranger Danger: Collette's first impression of the new club advisor, Tachibana-sensei.
- Invoked towards Usami and Uchimaki when they were helping a mother find her lost daughter. The daughter won't come near them when they finally found her, no thanks to a certain masked person heavily implied to be Collette.
- Trying Not to Cry: What Usami ulimately failed at doing while trying to talk Uchimaki out of quitting the club. Ironically, the waterworks are what convinced Uchimake to stay in the club, finding it very kawaii.