Tropes of Nature
An index dedicated to Nature-related tropes. For specific Plant Tropes, see the related index.
- Earthy Barefoot Character: A character wears no shoes to show their connection to nature
- Forest Ranger: Nature Hero + Archer Archetype
- Jungle Princess: Not your typical Princess Classic
- Magical Flutist
- Nature Hero: Someone who fights to protect nature
- Nature Lover: Nature is beautiful and they know it
- Nature Spirit: An Anthropomorphic Personification of nature
- Outdoorsy Gal
- Wild Child: "Civilization? What's That?"
- Arcadia: Not quite the city, yet not quite the Wilderness
- Death World
- Don't Go in the Woods (or the Überwald): The home of werewolves and vampires
- Ghibli Hills
- Green Hill Zone
- Garden of Evil
- Hungry Jungle (often in Darkest Africa): You know where you are? You in the jungle baby. You gonna diiiiieeeee!
- Last Fertile Region
- The Lost Woods: A forest teaming with magic
- River of Insanity
- Roaring Rapids
- Swamps Are Evil
- Thirsty Desert: Water! Water!
- Wild Wilderness: Somewhat a Deconstruction of the wilderness being so "beautiful" and filled with dangerous animals trying to kill and eat you, but still
- Bizarre Seasons
- Cherry Blossoms
- Cicadian Rhythm
- Cold Snap
- Dreaming of a White Christmas: It always snows when it's Christmas
- Heat Wave
- It's Always Spring
- Indian Summer
- Seasonal Baggage for the Four Seasons as a motif.
- Spring Is Late
General / other tropes
- All-Natural Snake Oil
- Appeal to Nature
- Bamboo Technology: Everything is made out of what you'll find in nature.
- Blade-of-Grass Cut
- Covered in Mud
- Fill It With Flowers
- Fertile Feet: Wherever the character walks, plants grow.
- Gaia's Lament: When nature is sad, you'll be sad.
- Gaia's Vengeance: When nature is pissed, you're fucked.
- Garden Garment
- Global Warming
- Green Aesop: The moral is that nature needs to be respected.
- Green Thumb: When a character has powers that allow them to control plant life.
- Hope Sprouts Eternal
- Horrible Camping Trip
- In Harmony with Nature
- Mother Nature, Father Science
- Mucking In The Mud
- Nature Is Not Nice: Just because nature is beautiful, doesn't mean you would survive.
- Painting the Frost on Windows
- Picked Flowers Are Dead
- Vine Swing