A Super Fic is essentially a work of fanfiction centering around one or more canon characters re-imagined as superheroes, or at the very least they gain superpowers and spend the rest of the fic learning to deal with them. It can either diverge from canon at a specific point, or it can be an entire Alternate Universe
in of itself.
Compare Superhero Episode
, which is similar but more temporary. Contrast High School AU
, which (usually) ditches the original concept of the series for high-school shenanigans.
Anime and Manga
- The Superwomen of Eva series, centering around characters from Neon Genesis Evangelion gaining superpowers and subsequently becoming superheroes, usually based on a more well-known superhero, such as Misato as She-Hulk, Asuka as Power Girl, Maya Ibuki as Zatanna, and Hikari as original hero "Spirit".
- Last Child of Krypton, where Shinji Ikari is basically Superman.
- Avenging and Defending are two Ranma ½ fics of this type written by different authors but set in the same universe. They are (for the most part) fusions with the Marvel Comics universe, with elements from multiple other Anime shows tossed in for the sake of cool and funny.
- Hinata Ends With The Soul Calibur
- Witchblade Sakura, a Naruto fic that's Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Guardians Of Pokemon, a Sentai-inspired story where Ash and company need to capture one of every pokemon before the world is destroyed.
- The Power of Light, a Death Note superhero parody.
- Justice Society of Japan, a DCU-based Mega Crossover taking place in an Alternate Continuity where anime characters have always existed alongside the characters of the DCU.
- Super, a Disney/Tangled story taking place in a a altered version of Corona reminiscent of a blend of Metropolis and Gotham City with Disney Princess's and villains re-imagined with powers and motifs drawn from their appearances in the Disney Animated Canon. Rapunzel, a superheroine of the city finds herself falling into a dangerous tryst with thief Flynn Rider.
- The Fate/stay night fic Path Of The King, where Shirou decides that the best way to be a "Hero of Justice" is to become a crime-fighting vigilante called "The Archer".