A Super Fic is essentially a work of fanfiction centering around one or more canon characters re-imagined as superheroes, or at the very least they gain superpowers and spend the rest of the fic learning to deal with them. It can either diverge from canon at a specific point, or it can be an entire Alternate Universe in of itself. Compare Superhero Episode, which is similar but more temporary. Contrast High School A.U., which (usually) ditches the original concept of the series for high-school shenanigans.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- Last Child of Krypton, where Shinji Ikari is basically Superman. The original fic included more elements of The DCU, and Asuka became the second Wonder Woman, Touji a Green Lantern, Kaji was trained by Batman... and so on. The fic got a rewrite focused more on the Superman mythos.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: Valkyrie also by Chuckman: an Eva/Marvel fusion with elements of Marvel molding an Alternate Universe for Eva, and Evangelion: Age Of Marvels, a rewrite of the former.
- Superwomen of Eva 2: Lone Heir of Krypton: Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion gains Kryptonian powers and becomes first Power Girl and later Supergirl, fighting both Angels and Superman villains.
- Shinji Ikiryo, which gives Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion the powers of Danny Phantom, and turns Tokyo-3 into a supernatural City of Adventure.
- "Shinji the Mighty", where Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion and super-powerful interstellar cop Birdy from Birdy the Mighty become stuck in the same body due to a bizarre accident, forcing Shinji to help Birdy to arrest dangerous criminal aliens while he fights Angels and tries to improve his and Asuka's complicated relationship.
- Avenging and Defending are two Ranma ˝ fics of this type written by different authors but set in the same universe. They are (for the most part) fusions with the Marvel Comics universe, with elements from multiple other Anime shows tossed in for the sake of cool and funny.
- Hinata Ends With The Soul Calibur
- Witchblade Sakura, a Naruto fic that's Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Guardians of Pokémon, a Sentai-inspired story where Ash and company need to capture one of every pokemon before the world is destroyed.
- The Power of Light, a Death Note superhero parody.
- Justice Society of Japan, a DCU-based Mega Crossover taking place in an Alternate Continuity where anime characters have always existed alongside the characters of the DCU.
- Super, a Tangled story taking place in an altered version of Corona reminiscent of a blend of Metropolis and Gotham City with Disney Princesses and villains re-imagined with powers and motifs drawn from their appearances in the Disney Animated Canon. Rapunzel, a superheroine of the city finds herself falling into a dangerous tryst with thief Flynn Rider.
- The Fandom-Specific Plot of giving Anna from Frozen latent pyrokinesis as an extension of her Sibling Yin-Yang with Elsa merits an honourable mention.
- The Big Four Cjupsher Series, a Rise of the Brave Tangled Dragons fanfic series set where the characters of the Big Four are made into a team of superheroes, sharing a world with re-imagined characters from various Disney, Dreamworks and other animated properties.
- Magic Man by Mobius Shadow (incomplete) is a Discworld fic where Rincewind stumbles into a suit of magic armour that turns him into the Disc's Iron-Spider-Lantern just in time for a mad supervillain to threaten Ankh-Morpork.
- The Nucleus Incident, where the aforementioned incident gives the RED team and the BLU team of Team Fortress 2 superpowers.
- Glorious Shotgun Princess is a crossover between Mass Effect and Exalted in which Jane Shepard gains the powers of a Zenith-Caste Solar.
- The Fate/stay night fic Path of the King, where Shirou decides that the best way to be a "Hero of Justice" is to become a crime-fighting vigilante called "The Archer".
- My Little Avengers starts off with Big Macintosh becoming The Mighty Thor, and just gets crazier from there.
- True Heroes: Year One and Year Two are fanfics set in a Fairly OddParents AU where everyone is a superhero, based on the "Big Superhero Wish" episode.
- Paperinik New Adventures is a comic series about Donald Duck as a superhero. No, seriously.
- Super Teens, a short-lived Archie spinoff about the riverdale gang as superheroes.
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, a spinoff to Triangle Heart 3 featuring the protagonist's little sister as a magical girl. It ended up being a significantly More Popular Spin-off.
- Pretty Sammy, a Magical Girl Warrior spinoff to Tenchi Muyo!.
- NOW Comics' Married... with Children comics adaptation had a spinoff miniseries, Quantum Quartet, that had the Bundys as Fantastic Four parodies.