open/close all folders
Films — Live-Action
- — And Now the Screaming Starts!
- Antfarm Dickhole
- Apocalypse of the Dead
- Attack of the Cockface Killer
- At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul, its sequel This Night I'll Possess Your Corpse and the loosely related The Bloody Exorcism of Coffin Joe (the third film, Embodiment of Evil, is too light for this trope).
- Barely Legal Lesbian Vampires
- The Beast in Heat
- Big Fucking Monster
- Big Tits Zombie
- Black Devil Doll from Hell
- Bloodsucking Freaks
- The Blood Beast Terror (a.k.a. The Vampire Beast Craves Blood)
- Blood Cult
- Blood Feast
- Blood Freak
- Blood of Ghastly Horror
- Blood of the Man-Devil (a.k.a. House of the Black Death)
- The Blood on Satan's Claw
- Blood Orgy of the She-Devils
- Blood Was Everywhere
- Bloody Pit of Horror
- The Bloody Video Horror That Made Me Puke on My Aunt Gertrude
- Brain of Blood
- Brides of Blood
- And its sequel, Mad Doctor of Blood Island
- Bullet To The Head
- Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker (a.k.a. Night Warning)
- Candyman: Farewell To The Flesh
- Cannibal Apocalypse
- Cannibal Holocaust
- Cannibal Hookers
- Chainsaw Scumfuck
- Colonel Kill Motherfuckers
- The Corpse Grinders
- Corpse Mania
- Creature of the Walking Dead
- Curse of Pirate Death
- Dead Hooker in a Trunk
- Death Stop Holocaust
- Demented Death Farm Massacre
- Die You Zombie Bastards!
- Doctor Bloodbath
- Doctor Blood's Coffin
- Drive In Massacre
- Easter Bunny, Kill! Kill!
- The Eerie Midnight Horror Show
- Entrails of a Virgin
- Evil Dead Trap
- Filthy McNasty
- The Flesh and Blood Show
- Flesh Eating Mothers
- Flesh Feast
- Flesh for the Beast
- Fraternity Massacre at Hell Island
- The Gestapo's Last Orgy (a.k.a. Last Orgy of the Third Reich)
- Goke, Body Snatcher from Hell
- Goretech: Welcome to the Planet Motherfucker
- The Gore Gore Girls
- Gore, Quebec
- Gory Gory Hallelujah
- Gut Pile
- Halloween Camp 2: Scream If You Wanna Die Faster (known as Adam & Evil in the US)
- Hands of the Ripper
- Hardcore Poisoned Eyes
- Hell of the Living Dead (also known as Zombie Creeping Flesh in the UK and Night of the Zombies in the US)
- Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers
- The Hooker Cult Murders
- Horror of the Blood Monsters (a.k.a. Vampire Men of the Lost Planet)
- Horror Rises from the Tomb
- House of 1000 Corpses
- House of Blood
- House of Pain
- I Dismember Mama
- I Drink Your Blood
- I Eat Your Skinnote
- I'll Kill You... I'll Bury You... I'll Spit on Your Grave Too!
- I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave
- I Spit on Your Grave
- The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies
- It's My Party and I'll Die If I Want To
- Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman
- Johnny Sunshine Maximum Violence
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- The Killer Must Kill Again
- The Last House on Dead End Street
- Lesbian Vampire Killers
- Lolita Vibrator Torture
- The Mad Mutilator
- Massacre of the Cannibal Acid Fiends (Cinema de Bizarre even sells this with a recipe. NSFW)
- The Midnight Meat Train
- The Mutilation Man
- Mutilation Mile
- Nightmare in a Damaged Brain
- Night of the Blood Beast
- Night of the Blood Monster (the US release title of Hammer Horror's The Bloody Judge)
- Night of the Bloody Apes
- Orgasm Torture in Satan's Rape Clinic
- Porno Holocaust
- The Red Queen Kills Seven Times
- Scream and Scream Again
- Scream Bloody Murder
- Schizophreniac: The Whore Mangler
- Schizophreniac 2: Necromaniac
- Subverted by David Cronenberg's Shivers (released in the U.S. as They Came From Within), which was filmed under the flowery title Orgy of the Blood Parasites.
- Shriek of the Mutilated
- S.I.C.K.: Serial Insane Clown Killer
- The Slumber Party Massacre
- Stabbed in the Face
- Stuff Stephanie in the Incinerator
- Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood
- Taste the Blood of Dracula
- Terror Creatures from the Grave
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Ticked-Off Trannies with Knives
- Tokyo Gore Police
- Tombs Of The Blind Dead
- Tumbling Doll of Flesh
- Twitch of the Death Nerve
- Vampire Hookers from Outer Space
- Violent Shit
- Weasels Rip My Flesh
- Women's Flesh: My Red Guts
- Zombie Cult Massacre
- Zombie Holocaust
- Zombie Island Massacre
- Zombie Strippers
- Several Give Yourself Goosebumps books, such Escape from Camp Run-for-Your-Life and The Knight in Screaming Armor.
- Friday the 13th Hate Kill Repeat.
- The Rampaging Fuckers of Everything on the Crazy Shitting Planet of the Vomit Atmosphere
- Orgy of the Blood Parasites by Kim Newman. Named as a specific Shout-Out to the aforementioned working title of Shivers.
Live Action TV
- Doctor Who went through a phase of this during its "Hammer Horror" period when what had until then been fairly tame titles suddenly had 'of Evil', 'of Doom', 'of Death', 'of Blood', 'of Terror', etcetera appended to everything, with the most laughably redundant title being "The Deadly Assassin".
- Bullet in the Face.
- Record company example: Crypt of Blood.
- Band example: Cannibal Corpse.
- Album example: What, "Cannibal Corpse" wasn't obvious enough?
- Another album example (from a band sophisticatedly named Death): Scream Bloody Gore.
- Death Metal bands in general love these. In addition to Cannibal Corpse, we have Dying Fetus, Carcass, Decapitated, Gorelord, Fleshgore, Rotting Christ, and many, many others. So much that Something Awful found a death metal magazine "some of the funniest stuff you’ll ever see" for bands with names such as Necrotic Disgorgement, 7000 Dying Rats, and The Christpunchers.
- The Japanese hardcore wrestling promotion FMW regularly featured insane, violent Gimmick Matches with descriptions that fit this trope.
- At the 7th Anniversary Show, May 5, 1996, Terry Funk and Mr. Pogo d. Masato Tanaka and Hayabusa in a "No Rope Explosive Barbed Wire Time Bomb Land Mine Double Hellnote Death Match."
- At the 8th Anniversary Show (held on April 29, 1997, instead of the usual date of May 5), Megumi Kudo defeated Shark Tsuchiya in a "No Rope 200 Volt double hell Double Barbed Wire Barricade Double Landmine Crushed Glass Electrical Barbed Wire Death Match" to win the FMW World Women's Title.
- At the 10th Anniversary Show, which was held on November 23, 1999 as their November PPV, FMW WEW Singles Champion Masato Tanaka d. Kodo Fuyuki in a "Loser Leaves FMW Electrical Thunderbolt Cage Death Match."
- Corpse Killer
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Revenge with a Vengeance. Revengeance.
- Mortal Kombat
- Slaughter Sport, a gratuitous rebranding of a game previously known as Mondu's Fight Palace and Tongue of the Fatman.
- Total Carnage
- Violence Killer, Japanese title of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
- Sands of Destruction is a little over-the-top, but its original Japanese title was simply World Destruction. The localization team thought that was just a little too much. However, it's fairly standard RPG fare with Bloodless Carnage, perhaps making it a subversion. The manga adaptation shares the title, but is Bloodier and Gorier, making it a straighter example.
- Violence Fight
- Fatal Fury
- Gore Screaming Show (Although, bizarrely enough, it's the name of a character. Does that disqualify it? Probably not.)
Anime and Manga
- One peiosde of Sgt. Frog (or at least the Funimation dub) had one episode titled "Blood Violence Death Kill! Rated R."
- Adal Ramones, in one of his monologues, mentions that every man's favorite option when choosing a movie to watch would be "Pesadilla en la Calle del Infierno 17: Freddy se Viene del más Allá" ("Nightmare in Hell's Street 17: Freddy comes back from the Afterlife")
- Pick a movie Calvin wants to see. Any movie. Samples include Attack of the Co-Ed Cannibals, The Cuisinart Murder of Central High and Vampire Sorority Babes.
- In Chary Potter and the Years of Reluctance a movie mentioned on the news is called Flack-Bloodied Screamers Versus the Scourge of Gougezilla.
Films — Live-Action
- Bloodbath at the House of Death (A Kenny Everett film, and worth watching if only for Pamela Stephenson's subtle charms.)
- Bloodsuckers From Outer Space
- Blood Sucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh
- The slasher-based porno Camp Cuddly Pines Power Tool Massacre.
- Cannibal Women In The Avocado Jungle Of Death
- Grindhouse gives us some examples, such as Planet Terror and Werewolf Women of the SS.
- Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D and its sequel, Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Hellbound, Flesh-Eating Subhumanoid Zombified Living Dead, Part 3.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Shriek if You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth
- Terror at Blood Fart Lake
- Parodied in The A-to-Z of Absolutely Everything with The Sex Devil from the Planet Blood.
- Neil Gaiman's short story Forbidden Brides of the Faceless Slaves in the Nameless House of the Night of Dread Desire. Whoo.
- Sergey Lukyanenko once told a joke about an editor who tells a young author that a successful book nowadays needs to be about space, sex, gore, or demons. A month later the author brings Bloody Orgy in Martian Hell. Later Sergey actually wrote and published exactly that. It was a Stylistic Suck short story called an excerpt of the aforementioned novel, but still.
- Toxic Teen Lesbian Zombie Vampire Chainsaw Bitches from Outer Space 3, a film script made up for Zephyr Goza's The Tomato Soup Chronicles.
- Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space (and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds)
- Craig Shaw Gardner's Cineverse Cycle trilogy: Slaves of the Volcano God, Bride of the Slime Monster and Revenge of the Fluffy Bunnies.
- Doctor Who and the Curse of the Fatal Death
- Parodied with the title of the recurring SCTV sketch "Monster Chiller Horror Theatre". Also parodied with the Show Within a Show's often-promised but never actually screened feature, Bloodsucking Monkeys from West Mifflin, Pennsylvannia. And Doctor Tongue's 3-D House of Meat!
- The Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode "Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders brings us the wonderful children's book Doctor Blood's Orgy of Gore. It's about seven plump mice who got sweaters and lived happily ever after, mocking the fact that the movie they were MiSTing was a horror anthology awkwardly shoehorned into the role of a family film.
- Red Dwarf gave us Revenge of the Mutant Splat-Gore Monster and Die Screaming with Sharp Things in Your Head. And those excellent cinematic treats, Revenge of the Surfboarding Killer Bikini Vampire Girls and Attack of the Giant Savage Completely Invisible Aliens.
- In one episode of Leave It to Beaver, the Beaver tells his parents he wants to go see a double-feature with his friends. When they ask what movies they'll be seeing, he replies Massacre at Blood River and Voodoo Curse.
- Kill It Before It Dies from Charmed.
- The Kids in the Hall has a novelist whose second book is: There's a Spider on Your Back! That wasn't just the title — it was the whole book.
- Monty Python's Flying Circus has "Blood, Devastation, Death, War and Horror," which turns out to be an interview with a man who speaks in anagrams.
- Mr. Show had "Return of the Curse of the Creature's Ghost". The characters weren't sure if they should be afraid of the curse, the ghost, or the creature.
- In an episode of The Goodies,the Goodies are watching films made by Pinewood Studios after buying the studio. One of these films is called Kung Fu With A Bucket Of Blood And A Bath Full Of Giblets. Tim refuses to watch it.
- In an early episode of Boy Meets World, Cory and Shawn try to watch I'm Blowing Up Your Head Part 6: Stumpy's Revenge while they're left home with a babysitter.
- Death Metal band Blood Vomit and their album Up From The Grave, not to mention the song titles ("The Shredder", "Human Butcher", "Madman of the Woods", etc.). In fact, pretty much any death metal band.
- Thrash Metal band Lich King recorded a song titled "Attack of the Wrath of the War of the Death of the Strike of the Sword of the Blood of the Beast".
- Rose and the Arrangement's "The Cockroach That Ate Cincinnati."
- Weird Al's "Attack of the Radioactive Mutant Hamsters from a Planet Near Mars."
- The Dead Milkmen's "(Theme from) Blood Orgy of the Atomic Fern."
- BLOODCRUSHER II, complete with random subtitles (THE SPINEBREAKER FILES) to enhance the effect. Appropriate, as the game is a send-up of '90s shooters.
- The House of the Dead: OVERKILL is already an example in its own name alone, the game being a deliberate send-up of its parent franchise by means of turning it into a seventies exploitation film, with level subtitles such as Papa's Palace of Pain and Jailhouse Judgment.
- The bonus material in Mishap: An Accidental Haunting, due to the fact that the first boss is the ghost of a Hollywood ex-"scream queen," includes several posters for flicks such as Invasion of the Alien-Brained Fly Men and Attack of the Zombie Taxman.
- The Curse of the Revenge of the Ghost of the Evil Chicken of Doom...Returns!
- Homestar Runner
- Mentioned is the fake Axe-Gun: Legends of the Brain-Outener.
- The Strong Bad Email "slumber party" gives us titles of several M-rated video games, among them Blood Bleeder.
- Super Viking Shark Panch Corpse Ride Mega Extreme 9000
- Death: Dead Again, One More Time is the title of a fictitious Dean Koontz novel in Squidbillies.
- After The Angry Beavers eat themselves sick on junk food at the end of "Food of the Clods", they sit back to watch some TV, only to find the next movie on is The Oozing Flesh of the Rotting Hand. Cue Vomit Discretion Shot.