Film / Cannibal Women In The Avocado Jungle Of Death
starring Bill Maher, Shannon Tweed, Karen Mistal, and Adrienne Barbeau.
America's avocado supply is threatened when tribes of cannibal women
who live in the Avocado Jungle (located east of San Bernardino
) begin stalking and killing (and eating) men who come into the jungle to harvest avocados... and it's getting dangerously close to the Super Bowl
Facing the crisis of a Super Bowl
without guacamole dip, the U.S. Government commissions ultra-feminist professor Dr. Margo Hunt (Tweed) to infiltrate the jungle and negotiate with the tribe. She takes along her airheaded student Bunny (Mistal), and hires male-chauvinist adventurer Jim (Maher
)—the only man brave enough to enter the Avocado Jungle of Death—to be their guide.
Along the way they encounter the Donahews (the only male tribe that the Cannibal Women allow to live in the Avocado Jungle); the Piranha Women, led by former feminist professor Dr. Kurtz
(Barbeau); and the Barracuda Women, a rival tribe at war with the Piranha Women over whether men should be eaten with guacamole dip or clam dip
This movie contains examples of the following tropes:
- Attempted Rape: The Donahews try to gang-rape Bunny soon after Jim introduces them to beer.
- Cannibal Tribe: The Piranha Women and the Barracuda Women.
- Covers Always Lie: The VHS cover shows Tweed, Barbeau, and another woman (mostly likely Vicky Varner, who played the leader of the Barracuda women according to IMDB). However, the Barracuda women are only minor characters in the movie and didn't get a lot of screen time. For whatever reason, they didn't put Karen Mistal on the cover.
- Genre Blind: Jim doesn't realize that he's being Stewed Alive by the Piranha Women.
- Human Sacrifice: Bunny is asked to sacrifice Jim for her initiation into the Piranha Women.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Naturally.
- Music Soothes the Savage Beast: Jim is able charm Bunny into not sacrificing him by humming her favorite song, Bolero.
- Silly Reason for War: The Piranha Women and Barracuda Women are at war over which is the best dip to eat men with.
- Stewed Alive: Jim is given a bath in a cauldron, as various Piranha Women slice vegetables into the broth.
- Sword Fight: Doctors Hunt and Kurtz get into a very B-Movie one.