Film: I Drink Your Blood
"Let it be known, brothers and sisters, that Satan was an acid head."I Drink Your Blood note is a 1970 exploitation horror film directed by David E. Durston.A coven of eight psychopathic Satanist hippies have descended upon the tiny backwoods town of Valley Hills, which is all but deserted due to the nearby construction of a dam. After beating up and raping a local girl for spying on one of their rituals, the girl's grandfather marches over to the abandoned hotel they're shacking up in to interrogate them; but they beat him up to and force feed him LSD. The girl's little brother and the grandfather's grandson, a little boy named Pete, takes revenge by shooting a rabid dog, extracting some of its blood and injecting it into some meat pies. He then feeds those pies to the hippies, and they go rip-roaring insane. Nuff said!Notable for being screened as a double-feature with I Eat Your Skin, which somehow is a far lesser-known film.
This film provides examples of:
- Artistic License – Medicine: Hydrophobia causes an infected person have difficulty swallowing; it does not turn them into zombies that can be defeated by water.
- An Axe to Grind: One of the hippies finds an axe and clings to it religously, using it to hack people up, for the rest of the film after he goes nuts.
- Ax-Crazy: The hippies goes this after eating the pies. Also, the construction crew working on the dam goes this after they have sex with one of the hippies.
- Dragon Lady: One of the hippies is an Asian woman who wears a cheongsam and some sort of dagger in her hair, waves a fan, reads tarrot cards and grows her nails long.
- Equal-Opportunity Evil: The coven consists of two white men, three white women (one of whom is pregnant), an Asian woman, a black man and an Indian man. The Indian man's the leader.
- Exploitation Film
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death
- Human Sacrifice: The hippies pretend to sacrifice one of their number to scare him; however, later, whilst he's unconscious, one of them actually does kill him.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: The pregnant hippie, after learning she's got rabies and realizing the implications this has for her baby, stabs herself with a wooden stake.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Scary Black Man: Rollo. As he claims to be the first born son of Satan, therefore so is Satan himself.