"Ladies and Gentleman go go for a wild wild ride with pussycats, but beware the sweetest kittens have the sharpest claws. For your own safety see Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! Wild women, wild wheels, race the fastest pussycats and they'll beat you... to death!"A 1965 B Exploitation Film directed by Russ Meyer.Three thrill-seeking go-go dancers, Billie, Rosie and their leader, Varla, encounter a young couple in the desert while drag racing. After killing the boyfriend with her bare hands, Varla drugs, binds, gags and kidnaps his girlfriend, Linda. On a desolate highway, the four stop at a gas station, where they see an old man and his muscular, dimwitted son, known as the Vegetable. The gas station attendant tells the women that the old man and his two sons live on a decrepit ranch with a hidden cache of money. Intrigued, Varla hatches a scheme to rob the lecherous old man, who is confined to a wheelchair. Unfortunately, the old man and his son prove to be less harmless than first thought, putting the two sides in a life or death struggle."Faster Pussycat Kill Kill" is a film that is considered by many to be Russ Meyer's magnum opus, despite being rather tame compared to many of Meyer's later films. The film was only a moderate hit in theaters, as Meyers ironically opted to downplay the sexual elements of gratuitous nudity and sex in the film. But it quickly became a cult hit, enduring as Meyer's most notable film in his filmography.There is also an episode of The Itchy & Scratchy Show titled "Foster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!".
Provides Examples Of:
- Boobs of Steel: In Varla's case, almost literally. Her chest seems to give her a fierce confidence and strength, and has nothing sexual about it.Roger Ebert: [Varla's] abundant cleavage seems as firmly locked in place as a Ninja Turtle's breastplate. One cannot think of her as fondleable.
- Car Fu: Done by one of the sons against Varla, in the final fight.
- Cat Fight: Billie and Rosie don't get along very much. Subverted with Varla, because when she gets physical, it's not beautiful.
- Cool Car: Every car in the movie. All five of them. note
- Even Evil Has Standards: Varla is a thief and a murderer and even she finds the old man's plans to rape Linda offensive.
- Extremely Short Timespan: The events of the movie transpire over little more than a single day in the desert.
- My Eyes Are Up Here: The gasoline station attendant stares directly at Varla's chest when he states he wants to see America.Varla: You won't find it down there, Columbus.
- Neutral Female: Played straight by Linda before inverting when she takes out Varla herself.
- No Indoor Voice: Varla, for some reason, spends a lot of time yelling
- Throwing Down the Gauntlet: Varla does it twice to Tommy, challenging him to BOTH a drag race and a fist fight.Varla: I never TRY anything. I just DO it. Like I don't beat CLOCKS, just PEOPLE. Wanna TRY me?
- Trailers Always Spoil: The original trailer is the classic "Well, don't need to see the movie after watching it" trailer.