open/close all folders
- One of the marshmallows in Lucky Charms breakfast cereals.
Anime and Manga
- In Negima!?, Yue gives one to Nodoka to give to Negi as support for her Crush on him. (Even though its a Love Triangle between the 3.)
- The Cook Satsuki Yotsuba is named after this.
- In the first Negima anime series 100 of these are needed for a love potion spent all night looking for them. (This is different in the manga when Negi had 7 magic pills That were placed in his bag by his cousin, that could help craft the thing.)
- In Yotsuba&!, the titular Yotsuba's name actually means "four-leaf clover". Her hair is even shaped like one, being green with four Girlish Pigtails. She gives one to Asagi as a souvenir, reminding Asagi's mother of when Asagi gave one to her... and she tasked her with finding a five-leaf clover.
- Cross Game uses a four leaf clover motif. With each sister representing a leaf.
- Clover uses clovers as a motif for the psychics with the most powerful being a four-leaf.
- Kaitou Kid of Magic Kaito and Detective Conan not only uses has a stylized four-leaved clover on his monocle, his real name, Kaito Kuroba, has the word "clover" (romaji kurobaa) in it.
- In Honey and Clover, the four leaf clover is used as a symbol of people's search for happiness, with one notable scene in which most of the main cast is looking for four leaf clovers on the river bank. And then there's the ending, where the combination of clovers and honey comes into full fruition.
- Happy Happy Clover gives use the main character Chima (called Clover in English and French translations) who at first is seen wearing a three leaf clover in the first volume of the manga. But is later given a four leaf clover when she meets a human for the first time. In the anime, she wears her four leaf clover from the beginning.
- In Touken Ranbu - Hanamaru, Maeda and Hirano find a four-leaf clover at the beginning of episode 3. Hirano later gives it to Doudanuki after hearing how Doudanuki is suffering from a string of bad luck, which leads to a long Chain of Deals throughout the first half of the episode.
- Anne Happy, a Slice of Life series surrounding several Born Unlucky girls, uses this as an ironic series-wide motif.
- The killer leprechaun's weakness in Leprechaun.
- In Mostly Harmless, there's an alternate-universe Earth where — due to a stray bit of radiation affecting the genome of the first clover plant — four-leaf clovers are the norm and three-leaf clovers are the exception. This particular Earth also didn't get destroyed by the Vogons to make way for a hyperspace bypass. Coincidence? It gets destroyed in the end by the updated Guide, anyway.
- In The Patchwork Girl of Oz, one of the Oz books, a six leaf clover that can only be found near the Emerald City is an ingredient in a magical compound.
Live Action Television
- Our Miss Brooks: In "Four Leaf Clover", Miss Brooks picks a four leaf clover that brings her nothing but bad luck. She eventually pawns it off to a crooked auto mechanic.
- M*A*S*H: In "Smilin' Jack," Radar talks with a young patient who had been hit three times and he's about to be sent back to the front for a third time. Radar gives the kid his four-leaf clover. "It makes you feel like nothing can happen to you," he says.
- NetHack: after sacrificing, you may "glimpse a four-leaf clover at your feet", which just means that you've been granted extra luck by your deity.
- Four-leaf clovers are lucky in Animal Crossing.
- Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors: Nine clovers were given by Snake to the other players of the Nonary Game. They were to be given to Yotsuba. And that's disregarding the bookmark.
- In Minigore, collecting three four-leaf clovers will turn you into a minotaur, which grants you temporary invincibility.
- In King's Quest I: Quest For The Crown, carrying a four-leaf clover keeps leprechauns away from you.
- In Risk of Rain, one of the many items shipped aboard the the UES Contact Light, and therefore found scattered across the surface after its crash, is a 56-leaf clover, which apparently makes you lucky enough to occasionally find items dropped by monsters instead of just chests and the like. The shipping notes suggested making an injected infusion out of it and playing the lottery afterwards.
- In Little Big Adventure, four-leaf clovers can be used either for full healing or Auto-Revive.
- Kingdom of Loathing has a Ten-Leafed Clover as an item, and it triggers certain "lucky" special events to happen if you have one in your inventory.
- Persona 5: Ann Tamaki has a green four-leaf clover on the back of her hoodie, making her stand apart from the rest of the class and adding to her But Not Too Foreign identity.
- In Miitopia, the Flower job can obtain this as both a weapon and a clothing item.
- Let It Die: The Four-Leaf Clover sticker item gives your Fighter an increased 10% chance to crit. The Five-Leaf Clover sticker item gives your Fighter an extra 20%. You can basically stick up to four different clover stickers on a rouge-based Fighter to give them practically guaranteed crit chance.
- The first few levels in Wii Party minigame "Clover Hunt" has the player searching four-leaf clovers amidst mass of three-leaf clovers.
- In Sinfest, Squigley finds -- and smokes -- one.
- Homestuck: The number 4 member of The Felt is named Clover, and has the luck to go along with it.
- In Kidd Commander, Ulrich found and ate "seven sibling clovers from seven different soils", apparently meaning seven related clovers, with sequential leaves of one to seven. According to him, this has made him very lucky, to the point of knowing that fortune always puts him where he needs to be.
- Prequel: Katia finds a four-leaf clover and starts to hope her luck will improve. But then an audience member points out that any good-luck charm whose sole requirement for discovery is to simply be lucky, would cause a runaway exponential growth of luck as one finds more and more four-leaf clovers and gets even luckier, and since this has never happened, four-leaf clovers cannot be lucky. So she passes it onto Gharug, who doesn't believe in luck but nonetheless becomes Born Lucky from this very chain of events.
- In the Futurama episode "The Luck of the Fryrish", we see via flashback that young Fry had a seven-leaf clover that gave him the necessary luck to win basketball games or pull off crazy break-dancing moves. After his disappearance (when he was frozen and wound up in the future), it was claimed by his nephew, Philip J. Fry II.
- An episode of Care Bears involved an eight-leaf clover that allowed for Three Wishes.
- The Fairly Oddparents has a 37-leaf-clover in one episode involving bad luck.
- Inspector Gadget once found one. He was lucky that episode, but that's par for the course. In the end, after a typical amount of adventure, the clover was down to one leaf. Cue the silly laughter.
- On Milo Murphy's Law, Sara wears a four-leaf clover hair clip. Given that she's from a family where all the men are Born Unlucky and The Jinx, this could be seen as a.) a symbol of her own immunity, and/or b.) a conscious effort to counteract the bad luck that her father and brother bring whenever they're around her.
- The New Jersey lottery uses a four leaf clover with a picture of the state in the middle as its logo, early televised drawings used the song "I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover" as theme music.
- As does the symbol of the French national lottery.