Wait a minute, Xena
The characters of a work are in some kind of a crisis, and simply need help. Thankfully, they bump into a friendly celebrity. No, the work is not Like Reality Unless Noted
- they could very well be diminutive talking sea creatures who meet David Hasselhoff on the beach
. And it's more than that — the celebrity is very
unlike reality. In fact, they have super-powers. Why? Because they're a celebrity.
Similar to, but distinct from Memetic Badass
and Popularity Power
. In both of those cases, it's a fictional character who most often gets the treatment; in Celebrity Power
, it's a real-life celebrity, and it doesn't need to be a meme to qualify. Any celebrity who has super-powers just because they're a celebrity counts.
open/close all folders
Film (Live Action)
- On an episode of Muppets Tonight, Cindy Crawford was shown to have heat vision, because she's a supermodel.
- Metalocalypse is one tremendous deconstruction. Its overarching theme is how fans worshipping celebrities hurt themselves and society.
- In a Treehouse of Horror episode, the following exchange occurs after (super-powered) Bart and Lisa rescue a certain actress from "The Collector":
: "Wait, Xena
- An episode of Johnny Bravo features the unlikely team of Don Knotts, "Weird Al" Yankovic, and the Blue Falcon. Al gets to invoke the trope at the end.
- The final episode of God, the Devil, & Bob ends with the Devil nearly causing a riot at a performance of Arsenic & Old Lace as the citizens of Detroit clash over censorship versus free speech, but the two sides' animosity is destroyed by the inexplicable arrival of... Kevin Bacon, who convinces everyone to dance. To that song from Footloose. Everyone is friends again and have fun. The Devil laments to his henchman Smeck, "Kevin Bacon again! I create one little party game, and now he won't leave me alone!"
- Family Guy had an episode where newsman Hugh Downs (doing his own voice) shows up to rescue Meg and the local geek from a hostage situation. At the end of the scene, he flies away, a la Superman.