You have some food, it looks delicious, but it's not all yours. Some of it must be saved for your friend who's coming later. A few bites won't hurt though. Maybe we should take a bit more. Maybe we should hide the crumbs and think of an excuse. Yep, you ate it all.
Can identify a character as a Big Eater
. Compare I'll Take Two Beers Too
open/close all folders
- In a short series of commercials for McDonald's, Dad brings McDonald's takeout home, but he eats all the fries on the way. His wife makes him go back out for more.
Anime and Manga
- In Toriko, Toriko is sent to capture a Goralligator for an international banquet. Since they can't carry the entire beast (it at least 4m high at the shoulder, at least that wide and probably 40m long), he and chef Komatsu cook some right there. They eat it all.
- Heaven's Lost Property: Nymph and Astraea decide to eat a watermelon from Ikaros's garden patch. They get carried away and eat the whole melon patch. Considering Ikaros used her whole battle array to kill bugs that were eating her melons, this is somewhat worrying.
- In One Piece, Luffy claimed to have eaten all the candies in Fishman Island that was meant to be a payment for Big Mom (a notorious pirate who deems the island under her protection) when her underlings came to take the monthly sweets payment. Thing is, the island's candy factory had been destroyed by the coup de etat incindent just yesterday and the rest of the sweets have been eaten in a party. Big Mom doesn't believe him in the slightest.
- Considering what she did to islands that failed to make the sweets payment for her, what Luffy essentially did is protecting the island from her.
- Happened several times in Pokémon. Iris's Emolga used Attract in one episode to steal all the Pokemon food, and Clemont's Chespin ate all the macaroons Serena made in another.
- In the Astérix book Asterix and the Roman Agent, Asterix and Obelix are about to sit down to eat some wild boar, but when Asterix steps out for a moment, he returns to find that Obelix had devoured both boars.
- Fatso. To help take his mind off Lydia going missing, Dom goes to get Chinese food for everybody on poker night, though the fact that everybody's order comes from the same restaurant Lydia favors only intensifies Dom's anquish, and on the way home, he tries to console himself with the food. By the time he finally makes it home, both of the large paper bags are full of empty Chinese containers, which he places in the trash, before sneaking back up to his room.
- In Disney's Alice in Wonderland, the Walrus and the Carpenter are about to have a group of oysters for dinner. The Walrus tricks the Carpenter into going into the kitchen for some bread. When the Carpenter returns to the dining room he discovers that the Walrus has eaten all of the oysters ("They'd been eaten, every one!").
- Winnie the Pooh: Pooh decides to give a potful of hunny to Eeyore on his birthday, but on the way to Eeyore's house, Pooh forgets why he's carrying it and so snacks on it. When he gets to Eeyore's, Pooh realizes that he had been planning on giving the hunny as a gift but now he's eaten it all. All he has to give Eeyore is an empty pot.
- Cheers: Norm and Cliff are waiting for another regular Paul so they can celebrate his birthday. Since he's late they eat his birthday cake. They console themselves with the fact that they have pizza too. Then they eat that.
- Alberto of Samson En Gert does this all the time. There is even a song about him eating all the food in Gert's house and ending up with a sore tummy.
- An episode of Barney & Friends using the song "Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?" has the kids find out that Baby Bop ate all the cookies.
- Taxi: Louie is in the hospital and the gang goes to see him. He has a box of chocolates that someone gave him and he offers them each "have one." They decline. Then he offers Latka one; Latka goes to town, eating practically the whole box. Louie then looks at the box and says "I said 'have one' not 'leave one!'"
- In an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000, Dr. Forester and Frank have a ton of Chinese food delivered. While Dr. F is getting the drinks Frank ends up eating everything except the packets of soy sauce.
- In the opera Hansel and Gretel, the mother sends the children out into the forest and warns them not to return until they have filled a basket with strawberries. They succeed in filling their basket, but are inspired by a cuckoo to have some for themselves. Soon all the strawberries are eaten, and it is growing too dark for the children to pick new ones or even to find their way back home.
- In Carrot Cake Storybook, Carrot Cake leaves Ditzy Doo to recover in her house and goes to deliver a package. At the very end, she returns from the delivery, and Ditzy greets her with, "I emptied your fridge."
- In Leftover Soup, Ellen eats all of Jamie's pumpkin bombs in one sitting, and then passes out from nutmeg poisoning.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic:
- In "Swarm of the Century", a Parasprite ignores Fluttershy's offer of a single apple and eats her entire stock
- In the same episode, Pinkie Pie eats entire cakes prepared for Princess Celestia's visit.
- Snips eats the majority of the cake meant for Diamond Tiara's cutecenara in one bite.
- In the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends episode, "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down", a Running Gag has Bloo eating all the food Mac and the other imaginary friends packed on their camping trip. When they run out, Bloo tells them he ate all the food, except Coco's powder, which he tried, and threw away.
- The Simpsons:
- When the Springfield Elementery Model UN Club gets stranded on an island a la Lord of the Flies Millhouse is accused of eating all the food. They have a trial where Bart as judge decides that Millhouse probably did it but they have no evidence so he's not guily. Then the rest of the group decides to kill Millhouse anyway. It turns out that a wild boar ate the food.
- In another episode Homer has to do the food shopping because Marge is busy taking care of baby Maggie. Bart & Lisa take advantage of the situation by filling the cart with sweets.
Bart: I need this candy for school, candy class.
Homer: Well, okay, but get five bags in case we eat four on the way home.
- Mr. Bogus:
- Happens in the second act of the episode "A Day At The Office", after Bogus catapults himself into a vending machine full of food, which causes the shelves of the machine to start spinning around uncontrollably. When a woman reaches inside the machine, she becomes both surprised and angry to see only an eaten apple core, before seeing that all of the food had been eaten then assumes that her pet poodle ate all the food. After they leave, the vending machine shelves then turn around to reveal Bogus looking very contented and relaxing with a Balloon Belly, which meant that he was the one who had eaten all of the food.
- Bogus and Brattus climb into a pizza box in the second act of the episode "Beach Blanket Bogus", before the pizza is then handed to Tommy, who then opens up the box to see the two cousins hiding inside, before leaving the beachside restaurant. When he opens up the box again, he then discovers that Bogus and Brattus have already eaten the pizza.
- At the start of Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, Scooby and Shaggy are working at an airport as a contraband-detecting dog and his handler. While highly successful at sniffing out smuggled foodstuffs, they get fired when their boss discovers they've eaten an entire room-full of confiscated food which had been stored as evidence.
- In an episode of The Magic Adventures Of Mumfie, Goose eats Pinkey's dessert without asking permission for it.
- In one episode of Hey Arnold!, Arnold and Gerald are selling chocolates door to door. Gerald's sister asks if she can try some, upon which she eats every last one while they're not looking. Gerald even lampshades the absurdity of her managing to eat several dozens boxes ("I was hungry!").
- In an episode of American Dad!, just as Stan is about to sample a box of chocolates, Roger not only scarfs the entire box, he spits them out onto Stan and then wipes his mouth with his sleeve (to clarify this episode concerned Roger's enormous superiority complex).
- VeggieTales: Near the end of the Silly Song "Pizza Angel", after Larry spends the whole song worrying about his pizza being late, the pizza delivery boy (played by Jimmy Gourd, no less) shows up, but reveals that he couldn't find Larry's house, so he ended up eating the pizza.
- Socrates eats the rest of the cookies at the end of the Adventures from the Book of Virtues episode "Moderation", before Aristotle can even have one. This causes Aristotle to angrily chase after Socrates.
- In the The Penguins of Madagascar episode, "When the Chips are Down", Private and Mort get trapped in a vending machine. With no way to get out of it, Private decides to look at the positives by finding out they have enough food to last until the other Penguins and Lemurs find them, only to find out that Mort ate all the food, including the Cheesy Bits (which earlier he said he didn't like, and is also the very reason they're trapped in there in the first place). This later turns out to be a good thing, because it prompts Alice to restock the vending machine, giving them just enough time to escape when she opens it.