- Qui Gon to Jar Jar: "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
- This exchange, when they're escaping from Naboo:
Battle Droid Commander: (Qui Gon and Obi Wan are leading the Queen, her handmaidens, and a number of guards toward the Queen's ship) Halt.
Qui Gon: I am an ambassador for the Supreme Chancellor. I am taking these people to Coruscant.
Battle Droid Commander: Where are you taking them?
Qui Gon: To Coruscant.
Battle Droid Commander: Coruscant, mmm, that doesn't compute...Hm...wait, uh...You're under arrest! (is bisected by Qui Gon)
- Poor Sabé's blink-and-you'll-miss-it expression of utter terror when she tries to consult with her "handmaiden" on whether or not they should go to Coruscant. Padmé's response is apparently less than helpful.
Padmé: We are brave, your highness.
Sabé's Face: Oh god what does that mean.
- The legs of another bisected battle droid aimlessly wandering around.
- Qui Gon, while cutting through the door to the bridge, has his work undone by a second set of doors closing on top of the one he's been cutting. The look on his face just screams, "Really?!"
- Padme's expression when she hears that Anakin has never finished a podrace till then.
- The scene where Anakin and Qui-Gon are discussing podracing while Jar Jar is snagging food from Qui-Gon's plate with his tongue:
Qui-Gon: You must have Jedi reflexes if you race pods.
Jar Jar's tongue whips out, Qui-Gon catches it in the blink of an eye, completely casually
Qui-Gon: Don't do that again.
- As thanks for him helping establish an alliance between the Gungans and Naboo, Boss Nass makes Jar Jar Binks a general in the Gungan army. Jar Jar faints almost immediately, and Nass's response is to laugh, before casually walking over him to discuss war plans.
- When Jar Jar and the Gungan Captain Tarpels are surrounded by Battle Droids.
Captain Tarpels: Never give up, General Jar Jar! Weesa think of something!
Battle Droid: Hands up!
Jar Jar: My give up. My give up!
- Earlier in that battle, Jar Jar getting tangled up in the remains of a battle droid whose blaster wouldn't stop firing. Thankfully, he manages to keep it aimed at the enemy.
- Jar Jar's rather sensible reaction to Qui-Gon's assured "We're not in trouble yet.":
Jar Jar: What yet?! Monsters out dere, leakin' in here, all sinkin' and no power? When are yousa THINKIN wesa in trouble?!?!?!
- Jar Jar's reaction to the giant eel-thing when the power comes on a moment later is priceless.
Obi-Wan: Power's back.
Jar Jar: AUGH, monsters back!!!
- Qui-Gon's failed Jedi Mind Trick on Watto, who's immune to it.
Qui-Gon: I don't have anything else *waves hand* but credits will do fine.
Watto: No, they won't.
) *waves hand* Credits will
Watto: No, they WON'T!
- Watto continues: "What, you think you're some kinda Jedi, wavin' your hand around like that?"
- Sabé—Padmé's handmaiden—having a bit of fun in her role as the Queen, casually making her boss polish astromech droids.
- Even funnier because immediately after messing with the actual Queen, "Amidala" is given another important decision to make. For which she needs guidance or a signal from Padmé. Who now has every reason to make her squirm a bit.
- When their lives aren't in immediate danger, Padmé and her handmaidens seem to spend most of their time in an elaborate private game of making tongue-in-cheek jokes involving whoever happens to be "the Queen" at the moment. And it is beautiful.
- "We shall watch your career with great interest."
- During their trip through Naboo's core, Obi-Wan asks Jar Jar why he was banished.
Jar Jar: Isa longo tello, but part of it my being, ah, clumsy.
Obi-Wan: (Sincerely bewildered) You were banished because you were clumsy?
Jar Jar: Yousa mighten be sayin' that.
- This exchange when Jar Jar brings the Jedi to Gunga City and are confronted by some guards.
Jar Jar: Heyo dere, Captain Tarpals- Mesa back!
Tarpals: No again, Jar Jar. Yousa goin' to da bosses, yousa in BIG doo-doo this time!
(Another guard gives Jar Jar a mild zap with his electro-spear)
Jar Jar: How wude.
- Obi-Wan's first line of dialogue keeps a Running Gag alive: "I have a bad feeling about this."
- A deleted scene shows that there's a rivalry between the Jawas and the Sand People. After the latter shoot down Teemto Pagalies' podracer, the former rush in to salvage what they can. The raider gets a few shots at the Jawas as they flee with a large piece of machinery, then shakes his fist impotently as they get away.
- Qui-Gon already knows that Padme is the queen and takes every opportunity to rile her up.
Padme: The queen will not approve.
Qui-Gon: The queen doesn't need to know.
Padme: (to herself) Well I don't approve.