Funny: The Phantom Menace
- This exchange, when they're escaping from Naboo:
Battle Droid Commander: (Qui Gon and Obi Wan are leading the Queen, her handmaidens, and a number of guards toward the Queen's ship) Halt.
Qui Gon: I am an ambassador for the Supreme Chancellor. I am taking these people to Coruscant.
Battle Droid Commander: Where are you taking them?
Qui Gon: To Coruscant.
Battle Droid Commander: Coruscant, mmm, that doesn't compute...Hm...wait, uh...You're under arrest! (is bisected by Qui Gon)
- The legs of another bisected battle droid aimlessly wandering around.
- Qui Gon, while cutting through the door to the bridge, has his work undone by a second set of doors closing on top of the one he's been cutting. The look on his face just screams, "Really?!"
- When Jar Jar and the Gungan Captain Tarpels are surrounded by Battle Droids.
Captain Tarpels: Never give up, General Jar Jar! Weesa think of something!
Battle Droid: Hands up!
Jar Jar: My give up. My give up!
- Earlier in that battle, Jar Jar getting tangled up in the remains of a battle droid whose blaster wouldn't stop firing. Thankfully, he manages to keep it aimed at the enemy.
- Jar Jar's rather sensible reaction to Qui-Gon's assured "We're not in trouble yet.":
Jar Jar: What yet?! Monsters out dere, leakin' in here, all sinkin' and no power? When are yousa THINKIN wesa in trouble?!?!?!
- Jar Jar's reaction to the giant eel-thing when the power comes on a moment later is priceless.
Obi-Wan: Power's back!
Jar Jar: Monsters back!!!
- Qui-Gon's failed Jedi Mind Trick on Watto, who's immune to it.
Qui-Gon: I don't have anything else *waves hand* but credits will do fine.
Watto: No, they won't.
) *waves hand* Credits will
Watto: No, they WON'T!
- Watto continues: "What, you think you're some kinda Jedi, wavin' your hand around like that?"
- "We shall watch your career with great interest."
- During their trip through Naboo's core, Obi-Wan asks Jar Jar why he was banished.
Jar Jar: Isa longo tello, but part of it my being, ah, clumsy.
Obi-Wan: (Sincerely bewildered) You were banished because you were clumsy?
Jar Jar: Yousa mighten be sayin' that.
- This exchange when Jar Jar brings the Jedi to Gunga City and are confronted by some guards.
Jar Jar: Heyo dere, Captain Tarpals- Mesa back!
Tarpals: No again, Jar Jar. Yousa goin' to da bosses, yousa in BIG doo-doo this time!
(Another guard gives Jar Jar a mild zap with his electro-spear)
Jar Jar: How wude.
- The first line of dialogue uttered in the first new Star Wars film in sixteen years keeps a Running Gag alive: "I have a bad feeling about this."