- Qui-Gon to Jar Jar:
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
- This exchange, when they're escaping from Naboo:
Battle Droid Commander: (Qui Gon and Obi Wan are leading the Queen, her handmaidens, and a number of guards toward the Queen's ship) Halt.
Qui-Gon: I am an ambassador for the Supreme Chancellor. I am taking these people to Coruscant.
Battle Droid Commander: Where are you taking them?
Qui-Gon: To Coruscant.
Battle Droid Commander: Coruscant, mmm, that doesn't compute...Hm...wait, uh...You're under arrest! (is bisected by Qui-Gon)
- Poor Sabé's blink-and-you'll-miss-it expression of utter terror when she tries to consult with her "handmaiden" on whether or not they should go to Coruscant. Padmé's response is apparently less than helpful.
Padmé: We are brave, your highness.
Sabé's Face: Oh god what does that mean.
- The legs of another bisected battle droid aimlessly wandering around.
- Qui Gon, while cutting through the door to the bridge, has his work undone by a second set of doors closing on top of the one he's been cutting. The look on his face just screams, "Really?!"
- Padmé's expression when she hears that Anakin has never finished a podrace till then.
- The scene where Anakin and Qui-Gon are discussing podracing while Jar Jar is snagging food from Qui-Gon's plate with his tongue:
Qui-Gon: You must have Jedi reflexes if you race pods.
Jar Jar's tongue whips out, Qui-Gon catches it in the blink of an eye, completely casually
Qui-Gon: Don't do that again.
- As thanks for him helping establish an alliance between the Gungans and Naboo, Boss Nass makes Jar Jar Binks a general in the Gungan army. Jar Jar faints almost immediately, and Nass's response is to laugh, before casually walking over him to discuss war plans.
- Before the battle even starts, Tarpels looks at the huge array of droids marching at them, and all he can think of to say is: "Ouch time."
- When Jar Jar and the Gungan Captain Tarpels are surrounded by Battle Droids.
Captain Tarpels: Never give up, General Jar Jar! Weesa think of something!
Battle Droid: Hands up!
Jar Jar: My give up. My give up!
- Earlier in that battle, Jar Jar getting tangled up in the remains of a battle droid whose blaster wouldn't stop firing. Thankfully, he manages to keep it aimed at the enemy.
- Jar Jar's rather sensible reaction to Qui-Gon's assured "We're not in trouble yet.":
Jar Jar: What yet?! Monsters out dere, leakin' in here, all sinkin' and no power? When are yousa THINKIN wesa in trouble?!?!?!
- Jar Jar's reaction to the giant eel-thing when the power comes on a moment later is priceless.
Obi-Wan: Power's back.
Jar Jar: AUGH, monsters back!!!
- Qui-Gon's failed Jedi Mind Trick on Watto, who's immune to it.
Qui-Gon: I don't have anything else *waves hand* but credits will do fine.
Watto: No, they won't.
) *waves hand* Credits will
Watto: No, they WON'T!
- Watto continues: "What, you think you're some kinda Jedi, wavin' your hand around like that?"
- Sabé—Padmé's handmaiden—having a bit of fun in her role as the Queen, casually making her boss polish astromech droids.
- Even funnier because immediately after messing with the actual Queen, "Amidala" is given another important decision to make. For which she needs guidance or a signal from Padmé. Who now has every reason to make her squirm a bit.
- When their lives aren't in immediate danger, Padmé and her handmaidens seem to spend most of their time in an elaborate private game of making tongue-in-cheek jokes involving whoever happens to be "the Queen" at the moment. And it is beautiful.
- A bit of Fridge Brilliance there: would you suspect the lowly handmaiden who's just been asked to clean an astromech droid is actually the real power in the room? Notice how Padmé just goes off and stands in the corner, clearly intent on the conversation, but utterly ignored because she's been officially "dismissed." Brilliant.
- After "Queen Amidala" thanked him, R2-D2 beeps that appears to be equivalent of "You're welcome" or "No problem with that!". Then after "Queen Amidala" ordered Padmé (the real queen) to polish R2, the astromech droid beeps happily as if to say "Yay, the Queen herself will polish me!"
- "We shall watch your career with great interest."
- During their trip through Naboo's core, Obi-Wan asks Jar Jar why he was banished.
Jar Jar: Isa longo tello, but part of it my being, ah, clumsy.
Obi-Wan: (Sincerely bewildered) You were banished because you were clumsy?
Jar Jar: Yousa mighten be sayin' that.
- This exchange when Jar Jar brings the Jedi to Gunga City and are confronted by some guards.
Jar Jar: Heyo dere, Captain Tarpals- Mesa back!
Tarpals: No again, Jar Jar. Yousa goin' to da bosses, yousa in BIG doo-doo this time!
(Another guard gives Jar Jar a mild zap with his electro-spear)
Jar Jar: How wude.
- Obi-Wan's first line of dialogue keeps a Running Gag alive: "I have a bad feeling about this."
- A deleted scene shows that there's a rivalry between the Jawas and the Sand People. After the latter shoot down Teemto Pagalies' podracer, the former rush in to salvage what they can. The raider gets a few shots at the Jawas as they flee with a large piece of machinery, then shakes his fist impotently as they get away.
- Qui-Gon already knows that Padmé is the queen and takes every opportunity to rile her up.
Padmé: The Queen will not approve.
Qui-Gon: The Queen doesn't need to know.
Padmé: (to herself) Well I don't approve.
- After being gassed, shot at and forced onto the run, Obi-Wan can't resist ribbing Qui-Gon a little:
"Well you were right about one thing, master: the negotiations WERE short."
- Jabba the Hutt's appearance. He's acting as Grand Marshal, and how does he start the race? By taking a bite out of something, and spitting at a gong. Also, when Anakin wins, we see he's fallen asleep, and his adjutant has to tactfully tap his shoulder to wake him up. The way he acts is all, "Huh? I'm up, I'm up! Now, what'd I miss?"
- Obi-Wan in general, being one of the snarkiest characters of the franchise, likes making comments now and then, vocal and silent.
Jar Jar: Gungans no liken outsiders, so don't spect a warm welcome.
Obi-Wan: Oh don't worry, this hasn't been our day for warm welcomes.
- Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's shared look when Padmé reveals herself as Queen can only be interpreted as "Called it".
- Obi-Wan also had a lot of fun convincing Jar Jar to take them to Gunga City:
Obi-Wan: (menacingly advancing on Jar Jar) If they find us, they will crush us, grind us into tiny pieces and blast us into oblivion. (smug smirk at Qui-Gon)