Tear Jerker: The Phantom Menace
- Qui-Gon's death after the battle with Darth Maul.
- That he tells Obi-Wan, who he has a father/son relationship with, to train Ani when he obviously wants to say something different is another one. The way he gently brushes his tears away is heartbreaking.
- Before Anakin left Tatooine, he asked his mother if they would meet again. Those who watched the following film know that they will, but under very painful circumstances.
- When Anakin had to choose between his life on Tatooine with his mother or following his life dream of becoming a Jedi Knight. Made even worse that he eventually turns Sith.
- It really hurts to think how Anakin was such a cute, caring, helpful kid before he turned into Vader.
- In the deleted scene introducing the podracers on the grid, we see the commentators introducing racer Ratts Tyerell and his family, including his newborn child. 2 laps into the race, he was killed when he crashed into a stalagmite. Cue the tears of sympathy for his family when you realise that his family was likely watching the entire incident take place.