Nightmare Fuel: The Phantom Menace
*insert "he became only half the man he was" joke here*
- Darth Maul, especially on the Ultimate Edition CD cover.◊ Sweet dreams, everyone.
- Darth Maul's Family-Unfriendly Death also counts. Seriously, that dang image of him falling down the reactor shaft...
- In The Clone Wars, Darth Maul survived that experience. Imagine going through that and no one comes to help you until YEARS later after you have gone almost completely insane. Family unfriendly indeed.
- In the climax when the Nabooean pilots make off in their recently-liberated fighters, one of them takes a hit from a gun turret and loses an engine, plummeting helplessly to a fiery crash in the valley below. Imagine what those last moments had to be like for the pilot.
- Chancellor Palpatine: "And you, young Skywalker. We will watch your career with great interest."
- One at the credits that doubles as foreshadowing. They reach the end, all is well and good, but then... Hooooooohhhhh... Khhhuuuuuuhhhh... Hooooooohhhhh... Khhhuuuuuuhhhh... In part due to it happening at such a quiet and mundane moment and due to how unexpected it is.