Funny: Sam & Max
- You crack me up, little buddy.
Sam and Max: Freelance Police video game series
Season OneEpisode 101: Culture Shock
- When investigating Sybil's "Relax" sign:
Sam: That's got to be the least relaxing sign I ever seen.Max: What about that one outside the barber shop that said "Low Fatality Rate"?Sam: I stand corrected.
- The various things you can get the hypnotized Soda Poppers to do in the finale of 101, particularly the "become" commands. "Become me!" "Become yourselves!" "Become the video tapes!"
- "They're probably hiding a cow!"
- Max sharing an anecdote on Myra's show about his pal, Sam, and something that happened the other day.
Max: Well, I was battering this purse-snatcher with a broken parking meter and screaming "Die! Why won't you die!" and Sam said, "you crack me up, little buddy!"Myra: ...The point being?Max: I crack Sam up!
- Listen to the Office's answering machine for a golden moment easily missed.
Max: Sam, it's me. Open the window! I'm trapped on the ledge again!
Max: Sam, come on! I have to pee! And the PTA is here, and they're carrying signs!
Max: Hey, Sam, it's me again. I found a way to solve all three of my problems at once! Buuut I'm gonna be needing bail…
- Bosco's attempts to talk like the type of people he's disguised as.
Bosco: (As a British gentleman) Pip pip! Honey Nut Cheerios.
- Cooking Without Looking
Sam: And with the magic of TV cooking show time... (looks at the casserole he made) you now successfully perverted the laws of God and man.
- After Hugh Bliss proves that he can read Sam's mind, Max request that Hugh reads his mind next.
Hugh Bliss: (Looks at Max for a few seconds then gasps) Oh my! That's unspeakably depraved!Max: Yeah, you got it! Wow, you're amazing.
- After clicking on a set of knives labelled "Dangerously Sharp Instruments":
Max: "Hey Sam, can I-"Sam: "No."
- Seeing what the duo decided to save from their previous case is always fun, but the the best one has to be the memento from 103 (revealed in 104) It's poor Leonard!
- The Ted E. Bear's theme song, which repeatedly iterates that there aren't any real mobsters:
Ted E. Bear's is oodles of fun
Slots and sandwiches and tokens and guns
And look, no mobsters, nary a one
Just you and me and Ted E. Bear!
- Saying the code phrase "Does the carpet match the drapes?" to absolutely everyone. You'll get hilarious results.
- If you talk to the guy at the front door about the mole thing.
Sam: I hear you have a mole problem?Loveybear: Hey! It's a genetic condition! You should have seen my father's back!Sam: Holy cow, I'm actually being too subtle.Max: First time that's ever happened.
- Max's overly-dramatic fake death during the Shoot Your Mate scene. "O, death, where is that guy Sting?"
- The very first scene, where they use the bug for a Crank Call.
Bug: I. Am. Reborn. I will FEAST on your entrails, and DEVOUR your soul!(Max giggles like a schoolgirl)Sam: You know Max, sneaking the bug into that exorcism was an uncharacteristic stroke of genius.Max: Demonic possession is the gift that keeps on giving.
- Even better when you use the same bug recording while calling Meesta Pizza:
Max: So what did they say?Sam: The toppings cost extra, and they're all out of entrails.
- For even bigger laughs, use the bug when phoning the White House but before recording over the demonic possession speech.
Bug: I will FEAST on your entrails, and DEVOUR your soul!Agent Superball: I asked you not to call me at work, dear.
- Even better when you use the same bug recording while calling Meesta Pizza:
- "SAM DID IT!"
- Max's election speeches, especially this one:
Max: This election reminds me of a droll story. It seems Chester A. Arthur and the Pope were kayaking down the Amazon one day. Suddenly a tiny Candiru fish swims up the Pope's (censored) and lodges itself in his (censored). Arthur grabs the Pope's (censored) pliers and (censored) swelled up like a melon. And the Pope says, "Thanks! Last time that happened, McKinley wanted to (censored three times)!" (beat) No wait! Wait! Wait, I think I told it wrong.
- During talks between the POTUS and Governor Whizzer, you can take the chance to offer him a soda. Due to his... bladder issues, he needs the bathroom. You can say that he wants to see Lincoln's bedroom. You can see where this is going... Max's comment?
Max: Sam, did you just make an innocent person defile one of the most famous rooms in U.S history?
Whizzer dashes back, relieved.
Sam: Apparently, I just did.
- The War Song, particularly Sam and Max's reactions.
Max: Let's never do that again!
- Once they have access to the War Room, one of the potential targets is Krypton, but if you fire an ICBM at the thing, you're just told it'll be 26 million years until it actually gets there.
- This bit:
Bosco: Everyone on the internet has to pick an avatar. Like a dwarf or orc or a hot young 15 year old girl curious about the adult world and willing to experiment.Max: I didn't think it was possible, but he was actually less creepy as the elf.
- Speaking of Bosco's half-elf avatar, that one is pretty hilarious too. Or better, try hitting him with the sword when you have the wooden sword from him.
- Bosco has spent the season dressing up unconvincingly as various nationalities. Then, when you meet him in this episode:
Sam: Hey Bosc- Oh dear God.Bosco: (dressed as his mother) Haven't I told you boys not to track mud in the store?
- When you start asking the "Do you have any..." gag that was present in all the other episodes, Bosco starts revealing that he has things that would have instantly solved the conflicts from previous episodes in stock. Watching Max just freak out that instead of going through typical adventure game monotony, they could've just bought the stuff they needed, is priceless.
- And after Sam has asked for all previous episodes' objects, he asks for the one you need now, which is Hugh Bliss tied up behind him... which Bosco doesn't have.
- Gets turned into a Brick Joke in 204: Chariots of the Dogs, where Sam can go behind the counter of Bosco's shop and find all of those items sat on the counter.
- This exchange:
Sam: Knowing you, Bosco, it's entirely reasonable, but how much for the earthquake maker?Bosco: (without his falsetto) One hundred trillion dollars.
- And they actually end up paying it.
- Even better is Bosco being very Genre Savvy in the matter, stating that "Look, all I know is, I keep making up the most ridiculous price I can think of, and you keep payin' it! So I ask you, who's the foo'?"
- Sybil's latest job:
Sybil: We have become the queen of Canada!
Season TwoEpisode 201: Ice Station Santa
- When they meet Bosco for the first time in Season 2 and they react like they saw the worst Bosco disguise EVER.
Max: Claw out my eyes Sam! I can't stand to look at it!Sam: Not if I claw out my own eyes first, little buddy.Bosco: I'M NOT WEARING A DISGUISE.
- Bosco's paranoia about the package that was delivered to him.
Bosco: Does my package sound like it's ticking to you?Max: Not your best pick up line.Bosco: I think my package is the bomb!Max: Now THAT'S a pick up line!
- Max's line the first time he and Sam go down the chimney of Santa's workshop.
Max: Ho! Ho! Ho..hhh My GOD I'M ON FIRE!!
- Sam and Max are forced by the Spirit of Christmas Past to atone for stealing Jimmy's boxing glove in the previous season. The only way to return the glove to him in the past is to steal it from him in the present, creating a confusing Stable Time Loop. This completely fails to solve any of the problems you've caused him, except for his wife leaving him - because Sam kidnapped her in the past to get him in a position to take the glove from him in the present. And yet the Spirit still considers the debt repaid!
- The Friendly Demon Song. Particularly some of the alternate lyrics you can have Sam sing.
- The interactions with the Waxing Lyrical Maimtron:
Sam: Now tell us your manufacturing code.Maimtron: 867-5309.Max: Oh! Well that was nice and helpful of- Hey wait a minute!
- Making elves cry.
- Did somebody say... Birthday?
- This becomes a Running Gag throughout Season 2.
- This exchange with the C.O.P.S.:
Sam: Do you guys know anything about Easter Island?
Curt: Accessing, ellipsis, Easter Island was founded in 1914 by former members of the 80s progressive rock band Asia.
Bob: Located off the southwest coast of your mom, the island is considered by many to be the birthplace of television personality Ryan Seacrest, as well as American jazz music!
Sam: I see you guys are still doing all your research on the Internet.
Bluster Blaster: INFORMATION WANTS TO BE WRONG!
- The various ways you can annoy the sunken Moai head.
- "I never knew vampires were so... fruity."
- Agent Superball's participation in Sybil's bachelor screening.
- Max's advice on the "best way" to kill a vampire.
- The Very Special Episode of Midtown Cowboys turning into blatant Product Placement.
- Especially if, instead of using the item you need, you put a bottle of water in the bag. The cutscene that ensues is hilarious.
- This exchange:
Sam: How'd you get those DNA Samples?Momma Bosco: Isn't it obvious?(Sam and Max stare at the camera)Momma Bosco: Saliva, fools!
Bosco: They're just waiting to probe us and turn us all into freakish animal/human hybrids!Max:: Bosco! Sam is standing right here!
- Bearing in mind that usually, Sam and Max would say exactly the same thing every time the player clicks on a certain object, the Banang scene just gets even funnier.
- The duo go back in time to collect the record contract Sam obtained in "Situation: Comedy". Past Sam & Max steal the elevator, forcing the present duo to take The Slow Path:
Max: You... JERKS!Sam: You made us go through the last year and a half all over again!
- When Sam is trying to convince his preteen self to be more out-going, young Sam insults his weight. Present Sam then pulls out his gun, only stopping when the time elevator AI brings up that he's about to cause a paradox.
- When you need to bring Mr. Featherly from the beginning of the universe to one of the Mariachis, Sam literally shoves him into his jacket (to his protests), takes him out when he needs to, shoves him back in, and continues to keep him in his inventory for the entire rest of the game.
- When Sam tries to mess around in Hugh Bliss' cubicle to sole a puzzle:
Sam: Distract Hugh Bliss for me!"Max: Oh dear, I seem to be completely naked. I hope I don't have to bend over provocatively and-Sam: That's enough Max.
- The bachelor party:
Flint Paper: Hey guys! you're just in time for the stripper!Max: Oh boy! [The Monster comes out] OH GOD!
Mr. Featherly: I'm naked!Bosco: I'm naked!Max: I'M NAKED! ...oh, I thought we all just saying that.
- Also from the Bachelor party scene, after getting the partygoers to drink the fruit of knowledge cider:
Sam: ...Who's up for a conga line?
Max (Raises hand) "...I am!"
- HELL'S A-POPPIN!
- After escaping Sam's personal Hell:
Satan: What the devil? That Hell was practically inescapable.Sam: Sorry, Satan. Your demon impostor was no match for the true power of friendship and cooperation!Max: Plus I ripped out his kidneys.
- The reveal of the Soda Poppers as the villains in Season 2 has them demonstrating their new demonic powers to Sam & Max. Each Popper has a power related to his shtick. After a demonstration of Specs and Peepers more mundane powers, Whizzer goes last, enthusiastically telling the heroes that his power is, "It burns when I pee!" and then proceeding to drop his fly and then fire a literal stream of flaming urine at them!
- Harry Moleman talking about how it's kind of tiring having to do his entire job as Death alone, and commenting about how having an assistant or a partner would make things a lot easier.
Sam: (look at Max, then back at Harry) Yeah, that's what you'd think, at first.
- Peepers seducing Sybil. No description or series of quotes can do this sequence justice.
- Try talking to one of the molemen before you're allowed into hell. (Paraphrasing)
Sam: Excuse me, could you tell us where-Moleman: Holy schklamoley! Do you know how to full out a suit!Sam: (Annoyed, he adjusts his tie) ...Well, I never!
- Sam and Max escape from a lava filled pit using Santa's sleigh as shown in a previous episode. The escape literally causes hell to freeze over. Immediately after, for the first time Sam lets Max answer the phone, and Max wins the nobel peace price, and becomes the conductor of Sybil's wedding.