Video Game: The Simpsons Bartman Meets Radioactive Man
The Simpsons: Bartman Meets Radioactive Man is the third Licensed Game based on The Simpsons, released on the Nintendo Entertainment System and the Game Gear. It was developed by Imagineering and released by Acclaim in December 1992.Radioactive Man has been imprisoned in the Limbo Zone, which revolves around a black hole. While reading a comic where the hero doesn't appear, Bart meets Fallout Boy and he tells Bart about the situation. Bart becomes Bartman, and heads out to save Radioactive Man. To do so, he has to battle three supervillains, before taking on Brain-O the Magnificent.
Tropes appearing in this game:
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: The sewer level, which is also The Maze.
- Badass Cape: Bartman's cape blows briefly in the wind, when there isn't any.
- Brain in a Jar: Brain-O the Magnificent, but he's on wheels!
- Ear Worm: Many of the game's songs are catchy. The sewer level is probably the best example.
- Level Goal: There's a glowing exclamation mark with a "B" inside it that takes you to the next level.
- Recycled Soundtrack: The final boss battle is the same song as the sewer level.
- Scenery Porn: All the levels are quite detailed.
- The Problem with Licensed Games: One of the biggest offenders of this trope. Bartman's combat skills barely work, enemies will constantly break through your attacks, the levels are long and uninteresting, and it's unnecessarily difficult.
- The Power Of Teamwork: Bartman and Radioactive Man team up to defeat Brain-O, by deflecting Bartman's eye beams at Brain-O's brain, which hurts him.
- A Winner Is You: Once you defeat Brain-O, Radioactive Man thanks you, and there's a picture of Bartman standing triumphantly.