- One of the greatest Funny Moments in Power Rangers will always be this immortal line.
Rita Repulsa: AHH! AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE! IT'S TIME TO CONQUER EARTH!
- The non-opening version is funny too. Rita and her monsters have been released, and Baboo tries to help Rita out of the dumpster;
Baboo: (Singing) Walk with me, talk with me-!
Rita: Oh, you made me step in a puddle, you nitwit!
- Even better in the show version: "You're just in time for my coming out party".
- This gem after Zordon and Alpha learn of Rita's escape:
Zordon: Teleport to us five overbearing and over emotional humans.
Alpha: No! Not that! Not teenagers
Zordon: That's correct, Alpha.
Alpha: I was afraid of that.
- Kimberly kids Alpha and the others about not wanting to be a Ranger because the helmet messes up her hair. When she reveals that it was a joke, Alpha's reaction is priceless:
Alpha: Circuit overload! Circuit overload!
- Bulk's "Tornado Kick", and Skull's congratulatory clap.
- During the battle with Goldar and King Sphinx, the Rangers suddenly put the Megazord into Tank Mode and ran over Goldar. This gets even funnier if one considers this payback for what had happened earlier, that is Goldar charging the Megazord in Tank Mode and successfully hitting it with his sword.
- In "Different Drum", Rita catches her Monster of the Week, Squatt and Baboo sleeping on the job in a cave near Angel Grove, and wakes them up shouting... From the Moon.
- Later in the episode... The dancing Megazord.
- The plot of the Season 1 episode "Food Fight" had to do with Rita trying to sabotage a food festival...because she woke up feeling sick that day and the sight of all that food was making it worse. Just the idea that a supposedly dangerous world-conquering villain would do something so petty is pretty hilarious.
- Pudgy Pig, the monster that ate the Power Rangers' Power Weapons.
- During the food fight, Jason used a sausage link as a nunchuck to psych out Bulk, causing him to drop a pie he was about to throw, on his head.
- "Big Sisters"
- The child of the week, Maria, is introduced in a scene that highlights her mischief - turning off the hot water to the boys' locker room.
- Billy introduces the Radbug and they 'fly' to the command centre in it combined with some cheesy driving acting which you can tell the actors are enjoying a little too much.
- A Freeze-Frame Bonus combined with People in Rubber Suits; if you pause at the right moment of Chunky Chicken's two-foot kick against the Megazord, it's possible to see the clear soles of the shoes the person in the costume is wearing.
- "For Whom the Bell Trolls?"
- There's a Show-and-Tell at the Rangers' high school. Trini's doll collection was nothing strange, but after that Hilarity Ensues:
- Jason's hobby is martial arts, and he showed off with a Simple Staff, much to the teacher's terror.
- Zack jumped on the table with a surfboard.
- Kim gives us a gymnastic handstand. Nothing strange or crazy… Except for the teacher's scared face when Kim did it on the desk.
- Billy shows up with a homemade volcano. Everything normal… Then Bulk and Skull tries to bully Trini. Guess on whose face the volcano goes off.
- The following day Bulk and Skull show up with a home-made flea circus. Just one problem:
*Cut to the scratching teacher*
- "Happy Birthday, Zack":
- Ernie vs the Cake-o-matic.
- Ernie, Billy and Jason speculating about the Power Rangers' identities, with Jason declaring that they're aliens from outer space. Not yet, Jason, not yet.
- In "Peace, Love, and Woe", Bulk is in roller stakes and is out of control.
(he skates between Jason and Trini as they were training)
Trini: (accidentally kicks Bulk) Oops! Sorry Bulk.
Kimberely: Watch where you're going!
Bulk: I can go anywhere I wanna [sees he's about to crash into Ernie holding a cake] GO!
[crashed and creamed]
Skull: Are you sure that's where you wanted to go?
- Ernie isn't fooled by Bulk and Skull's ridiculous disguises.
- In "Foul Play in the Sky", Bulk and Skull convince Kimberly's uncle to let them fly with them (much to Kim's horror). Hilarity Ensues since the start, given that Bulk is too large and gets stuck when trying to climb in the plane. And that's before the uncle falls asleep due having been drugged by Squatt...
- Skull thinks he has talent as a pilot because everyone calls him an airhead. Bulk's face when he finds he doesn't have the heart to explain what that actually means is priceless.
- Bulk and Skull pass out early on as Kimberly contacts Alpha to get help flying the plane. The two slowly wake up to take in what's happening and how Kimberly's flying the plane. "SHE'S FLYING THE PLANE?!" They scream, then faint once more.
- In "Switching Places", Squatt sabotages one of Billy's devices, resulting in him and Kimberly swapping bodies. Hilarity Ensues, expecially thanks to the two actors managing to do a pitch-perfect imitation of each other's body language and mannerisms, including Billy having Kimberly's walk and Valley Girl gestures, and Kim having Billy's Expospeak and glasses-adjusting. Also, Billy's absolutely disastrous attempt to apply makeup, and Kim managing to blow up a computer.
- When they jump to their Zords, Kimberly doesn't know whether to call herself by her name or Billy's.
- Having seen Billy preparing the machine but having been chased away by a dog before they saw the actual effect, Bulk and Skull use it too, with the obvious result. Even more Hilarity Ensues.
- In "Power Rangers Punks", Baboo turns Kimberly and Billy into bullies... Who go after Bulk and Skull.
- The sight of the duo is priceless: Billy in a sleeveless jean jacket with sunglasses, bandana on his head and a studded leather collar. Kimberly is in a leather jacket, ultra tight pink short dress, a spiked collar of her own and hair and heavy makeup straight out of a 1980s music video.
- The duo's wonderful reaction when they drink a potion and come to their senses in the Command Center, both totally baffled at what they're wearing.
Kimberly: YUCK! Who did my nails?
- "Green With Evil":
- How does the Green Ranger defeat the Megazord in his first encounter with it? Easy: he breaks into the cockpit and throws the Power Rangers out.
- During their second battle with the Green Ranger, the Power Rangers summon the Megazord. The Green Ranger attacks head on.
- When Goldar attacks the Youth Center, Bulk and Skull refuse to evacuate at first...
: (pulling Skull into his seat)
Sit down. Skull
: But Bulky! The building's gonna collapse! Bulk
: I'm not finished with my ice cream yet. (He eats a little bit more...when a large chunk of debris hits the counter right in front of him. He pauses, then wolfs the rest of it down) Bulk
I'm finished! (Bulk gets Brain Freeze as they run)
Jason: Give it up, Tommy!
Tommy: (very awkwardly) No WAY.
- In "Itsy Bitsy Spider", Bulk & Skull threw bugs at everyone just to see how bugs are helpful to people. A spider, Zach's least favorite bug, happens to land on his shoulder. Tommy tries to hit it with his binder, but it jumped and hits Zach's shoulder.
- Later, when Billy shows the gang his lab assistant (not his pet) rat Jack.
- From "Life's A Masquerade", there's a bit where the Frankenstein's Monster, after having slipped into the Halloween party to attack the Rangers, gets spotted by a lusty teenage girl and dragged off to the dance floor.
- These dialogues in "The Wheel of Misfortune":
(Bulk is trying to work Kimberly's grandmother's spinning wheel)
Kimberly: Bulk, be careful! You're such a klod!
Bulk: (to Mr. Caplin) She's making me mess up my lines.
(Kimberly rolls her eyes. Then Bulk starts spinning the wheel so fast, it blows Caplin's wig. Bulk starts laughing.)
(after Bulk accidentally broke the spinning wheel)
Caplin: Honesty, Bulk! Let's take a break before something else gets broken!
Tommy: Hey, you guys seen the spinning wheel?
Bulk: Oh yeah, you see I was broke. So Skull and I decided to spin me some money so I can buy a soda.
(Bulk and Skull laugh at him)
Tommy: Hey, I'm not kidding around Bulk. I mean it. Did you see it?
Bulk: No, I didn't see it, you goody-good! What would I want with a stupid spinning wheel for?
- In "The Rockstar", the Rangers are invited to Trini's house, because she's developed an interest in cooking. She gives the Rangers some finger foods to try, which they do with little incident. One of them asks Trini what it is, and she happily explains that its escargot. Billy is the only one to realize that escargot is snails, and says as much. The Rangers' reactions are priceless.
- Jason's especially. While the rest all seem to be varying degrees of freaked out, Jason simply stares at his escargot wide eyed, and makes a sound suspiciously like he just threw up in his mouth.
- In "Calamity Kimberly", Bulk and Skull are having fun teasing a completely drenched Kimberly.
Tommy: Don't you banana-brains ever quit?
Bulk: Oh, I just washed my hair, and I can't do a thing with it!
- In "A Star is Born", Skull accidentally squirts sunscreen on Bulk's face.
Bulk: Skull, you airhead! I said I need a tan, not a bath.
[The bottle's empty, so Skull improvised by rubbing mayonnaise on him.]
- While Bulk mocks Tommy, Skull pats him on the back. Bulk screams in pain. "Don't touch my sunburn!" Later, after Bulk believes he got the part and rubbing it in Tommy's face, Skull almost pat Bulk on the back again before he backtracked his hand. Then they walk away, with Bulk sticking his tongue at Tommy, and laugh.
- Bulk's martial arts demonstration, with him throwing papers in the air and "punching" them and breaks a chair with his foot.
- At the end of "Clean-Up Club", when Bulk finally shows his completed video. Skull edited it (albeit accidentally) to make it look like Bulk was disappreciating himself in public, saying that he has no class, and that's just the beginning. The video continues to show Bulk and Skull humiliating themselves on camera, especially at the end. The entire class can't help but laugh. Even Miss Applebee seems to be holding back a laugh.
- "The Yolk's On You" features this truly terrifying threat from Baboo to the rangers:
- The scenes with Bulk and Skull in "A Bad Reflection on You".
- One scene had Bulk hooking up the T.V.
Bulk: Oh boy! It's time for my favorite cartoon.
- After the Rangers tricked them into blindfolding them, plug their ears, and count to 10 (which they don't do so well), Bulk takes off his blindfold and sees they're gone.
Bulk: [to Skull] They're gone! Whatcha do with them?
Skull: [still blindfolded and plugged his ears] What!? I can't hear you! [Bulk takes off his blindfold] Hey, they're gone!
Bulk: Nothing gets past you, huh Skull?
- Skull looking through the cabinets.
Skull: Ha! Not in there. [next cabinet] HA! Not in there. [next cabinet] HAA!! [he accidentally hits Bulk in the head with the cabinet door] Uh... they're not there.
- After the Rangers teleport back and quickly get back to their seats (with Jason sitting on "Buulk"'s seat):
Rangers: Good afternoon, Mr. Caplan.
Bulk: Hey! How'd you guys do that?
Zack: It's magic.
Kimberly: It's done with mirrors like these. [showing her mirror]
Zack: How'd like to see a magic trick?
Bulk: Yeah right. Show us something we haven't seen.
Kimberly: Like the alphabet?
- Any scenes involving Bulk and Skull with Norman the pig in 'A Pig Surprise'.
Ernie: Hey you two, what do you think you're doing? You guys can't bring this pig in here!
- The episode "Crystal of Nightmares", where Bulk and Skull dream of being superheroes in their own right (complete with pseudo-morphing sequence!). They then try and pilot the Megazord. They don't know how.
- "It's morphin' time! Burgersaurus!" "Dog-A-Saurus!"
- Their morphers were a hot dog and a cheeseburger, with a glowing gem in the middle.
- And it's the same costume they wore in "Doomsday" as "the Incredible Bulkster" and "Super-Skull".
- "Enter... The Lizzinator" had this gem:
Jason: What? Putties can drive?
(the Putty drives in the car, to try to run over Jason)
Jason: Yup, they can drive!
- Bulk and Skull got one when they dressed and behaved as Victorian gentleman at the end of "Mighty Morphin Mutants", years before pretending to be Victorian Ladies and Gentlemen was a popular pastime.
- The Rangers are surprised to find Bulk and Skull pouring over some science books. They're frantically studying for their next test because they're told if they fail, they'll have to be tutored by the six best students in class. Zack quickly does a head-count and realizes the Rangers are the six best students in class. Everyone immediately joins to help Bulk and Skull study.
- Anything uttered by Rito counts:
Goldar: "Are you ready to surrender yet?"
Tommy: "You know me better than that, Goldar!"
Rito suddenly appears out of nowhere.
Rito: "I don't know you. Will you surrender to me?"
- Bulk announces to the gathered crowd at the Juice Bar that he and Skull are joining the Junior Police Patrol. This leads to a glorious tracking shot of everyone staring at them in open-jawed shock.
- Ninjor got in some good ones, too.
Fighting a particularly ugly monster:
"Turn around and fight like a... hey, what are you?"
- His introductory dialogue with Kimberly:
Kimberly: "That little twerp is the great Ninjor?"
Ninjor: "What a rude little girl you are."
- Also when Tommy tries to explain what the Rangers are doing there.
Tommy: We need new powers and Zords. Lord Zedd destroyed our old ones.
Ninjor: Time's up! That's a lovely story, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
- What really sells Ninjor's hilarity is that he sounds exactly like Dudley Do-Right.
- When the Earth is brought back in time, the Command Center is out of power. Alpha and Zordon are desperate to figure out what's wrong. Alpha soon discovers that the reason is that a cord came unplugged because Alpha had unplugged it to vacuum because the day they were sent back to was Spring cleaning day. Zordon's reaction is priceless, mainly for the grandiose way he reacts, similar to Optimus Prime's "stop lubricating the man" from Transformers.
Zordon: "I don't believe this. All this time our power outage is due not to a sinister force, but to a common household appliance?"
- This line, where Genre Savviness slips through:
Finster: Oh, I have wonderful news, Lord Zedd!
Lord Zedd: What is it this time, Finster? A monster that blows itself up?!
- Bulk and Skull hear a news broadcast about a spy in Angel Grove.
Bulk: Middle aged, 5' 11", heavy accent, know anyone who fits that description?
Skull: (In a Bill Clinton impression)
The President of the United States.
- "Changing of the Zords, Part 2" has a Moment of Awesome for Lord Zedd entering the Command Center, but it briefly turns into a Funny Moment with an exchange that borrows Rito's running gag:
- "Changing of the Zords, Part 3," just before Tommy and Lord Zedd start fighting:
Lord Zedd: "Are those hiyahs really necessary?"
- Master Vile's Rage Quit of the fight against the Power Rangers after only four episodes, and Zedd's subsequent kiss to Goldar's forehead in his glee of having his father-in-law take a hike.
- Even moreso, as the villain declares that he's returning to his world where he states that the bad guys always win.
- Rita complains that he's embarrassing her.
- Vile referring to Alpha as "Zordon's little food processor on legs" after the robot succeeds at disarming his implosion device.
- When Master Vile believes that he's won, he throws a party to celebrate the impending end of the world... at the Juice Bar. Seeing humans and monsters partying together (including Rito going full-blown party animal) is one of the most surreal moments in the series.
- "The Potion Notion". The entire episode is based on Zedd & Rita creating a monster that uses a love potion on unsuspecting victims, leading to such parings as:
- Kimberly & Skull
- Bulk & Aisha, complete with him copping a feel.
- Rita & Goldar
- And finally, Miss Chief hits both Mr. Kaplan and Lieutenant Stone with the love potion, both targeted on Miss Applebee. At first she seems horrified, but by the time they're fighting over her, she seems to be enjoying it.
- Rita and Zedd take the day off and let Rito have command. They spend their time laughing at his incompetence and hanging a few lampshades on the routine. For added measure, Finster refuses to make him a monster since he only serves Rita and Zedd.
- The unusually snarky way that Ninjor responds to Master Vile showing him footage of his capture is hilarious, given Ninjor's typically hammy delivery.
- After Rita introduces Master Vile as her father, the other villains react in shock....except for Rito, who gives a very casual "Hiya, Dad!"