- One of the greatest Funny Moments in Power Rangers will always be this immortal line.
Rita Repulsa: AHH! AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE! IT'S TIME TO CONQUER EARTH!
- The non-opening version is funny too. Rita and her monsters have been released, and Baboo tries to help Rita out of the dumpster;
Baboo: (Singing) Walk with me, talk with me-!
Rita: Oh, you made me step in a puddle, you nitwit!
- Even better in the show version "You're just in time for my coming out party".
- Kimberly kids Alpha and the others about not wanting to be a Ranger because the helmet messes up her hair. When she reveals that it was a joke, Alpha's reaction is priceless:
Alpha: Circuit overload! Circuit overload!
- "Green With Evil Part 4", where Bulk and Skull refuse to evacuate the Youth Center at first...
: (pulling Skull into his seat)
Sit down. Skull
: But Bulky! The building's gonna collapse! Bulk
: I'm not finished with my ice cream yet. (He eats a little bit more...when a large chunk of debris hits the counter right in front of him. He pauses, then wolfs the rest of it down) Bulk
I'm finished! (Bulk gets Brain Freeze as they run)
- The episode "Crystal of Nightmares", where Bulk and Skull dream of being superheroes in their own right (complete with pseudo-morphing sequence!). They then try and pilot the Megazord. They don't know how.
- "It's morphin' time! Burgersaurus!" "Dog-A-Saurus!"
- Their morphers were a hot dog and a cheeseburger, with a glowing gem in the middle.
- And it's the same costume they wore in "Doomsday" as "the Incredible Bulkster" and "Super-Skull".
- Everytime Rita says "I've got a headache!".
- Usually by the villains (in the third season) or by Bulk and Skull, though the Rangers and Alpha would occasionally get in a few of their own here and there. Also, see Lampshade Hanging.
- Anything uttered by Rito counts:
Goldar: "Are you ready to surrender yet?"
Tommy: "You know me better than that, Goldar!"
Rito suddenly appears out of nowhere.
Rito: "I don't know you. Will you surrender to me?"
- Ninjor got in some good ones, too.
Fighting a particularly ugly monster:
"Turn around and fight like a... hey, what are you?"
- His introductory dialogue with Kimberly:
Kimberly: "That little twerp is the great Ninjor?"
Ninjor: "What a rude little girl you are."
- What really sells Ninjor's hilarity is that he sounds exactly like Dudley Do-Right.
- When the Earth is brought back in time, the Command Center is out of power. Alpha and Zordon are desperate to figure out what's wrong. Alpha soon discovers that the reason is that a cord came unplugged. Zordon's reaction is priceless, mainly for the grandiose way he reacts, similar to Optimus Prime's "stop lubricating the man" from Transformers.
Zordon: "I don't believe this. All this time our power outage is due not to a sinister force, but to a common household appliance?"
- This line, where Genre Savviness slips through:
Finster: Oh, I have wonderful news, Lord Zedd!
Lord Zedd: What is it this time, Finster? A monster that blows itself up?!
- Bulk and Skull hear a news broadcast about a spy in Angel Grove.
Bulk: Middle aged, 5' 11", heavy accent, know anyone who fits that description?
Skull: (In a Bill Clinton impression)
The President of the United States.
- In one episode, Goldar tries to brainwash Kimberly into becoming evil. The brainwashing doesn't work (other than dressing her in Rita's costume), but Kim plays along and launches into a frighteningly good Rita impression (granted, it's mostly angry screeching, but Amy Jo Johnson still deserves props for it).
: (to herself)
That gold goon thinks his spell worked...Okay, I'll show him! (Kim turns to Goldar and assumes the Rita!Kim character) Kimberly
: QUEENIE?! THESE CLOTHES ARE WRINKLED
! I DESERVE BETTER! (turns to Squat and Baboo)
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?! Squat
: Er, n-nothing...your highness! Kimberly
: YOU SWINE! Goldar
: Your instruction will now begin. Kneel before me as your master teacher! Kimberly
: FORGET IT! YOU
SHOULD BE KNEELING TO ME
! (Kimberly thrashes Goldar with her/Rita's staff.) Squat
: Ooo! That must've hurt! Kimberly
: AND AS FOR YOU TWO...YOU CLODS! Squat
: S-she's a lot like Rita, isn't she? Kimberly
: (sitting down)
YOU NUMBSKULLS! YOU'RE GIVING ME A HEADAAAAAACHE!!!!! Goldar
Maybe this was a bad idea...for once my spell worked too well!
- Just by watching Amy's face during it, you can tell she's having lots of fun.
- "Hail Lord Fred... Hail Lord Fred... Hail Lord Fred..."
- Bulk and Skull got one when they dressed and behaved as Victorian gentleman at the end of "Mighty Morphin Mutants", years before gentleman speak was an Internet meme.
- "Changing of the Zords, Part 3," just before Tommy and Lord Zedd start fighting:
Lord Zedd: "Are those hiyahs really necessary?"
- Zedd suggesting he and Rita have a child, which sends Rita running from the room. "Not the reaction I expected."
- Even funnier, considering eventually, he somehow convinced her, unfortunately offscreennote . Alcohol was probably involved.
- Tommy and Kimberly arguing during the middle of a Putty attack, while morphed and completely disregarding the attacking Putties. In fact, the two do most of the damage to the Putties in between their arguing than they would if they actually fought them. Even one of the down Putties looks at the camera as though to say, "You gotta be kidding me..."
- The best part has to be Goldar trying to get their attention while they argue.
- And then Goldar just quitting in annoyance, grumbling "This is ridiculous," and punching Kimberly in the face.
- This exchange between Bulk and Skull over a secret note:
- "Changing of the Zords, Part 2" has a Moment of Awesome for Lord Zedd entering the Command Center, but it briefly turns into a Funny Moment with an exchange that borrows Rito's running gag:
- "Enter... The Lizzinator" had this gem:
Jason: What? Putties can drive?
(the Putty drives in the car, to try to run over Jason)
Jason: Yup, they can drive!
- One of (if not THE) only times when Zordon shows a sense of humor: the end of the three-part introduction of Lord Zedd and the Power Rangers' new Thunderzords. Right after the first victory against Zedd, one of the Rangers asks what became of Rita. Well, observe the viewing globe: Zordon shows them her dumpster floating out in space and her singing "Ninety-nine bottles of slime on the wall." Then Zordon starts mock-singing it as he and the Rangers share a good laugh. Normally, that's a typical Everybody Laughs Ending, but Zordon is the stoic, wise head in the glass tube. He NEVER so much as lets out a chuckle, let alone breaks out in laughter and openly mocks a Big Bad.
- Bulk's "Tornado Kick" in the episode "Day of the Dumpster".
- And Skull's congratulatory clap.
- The scenes with Bulk and Skull in "A Bad Reflection on You".
- After the Rangers tricked them into blindfolding them, plug their ears, and count to 10 (which they don't do so well), Bulk takes off his blindfold and sees they're gone.
Bulk: [to Skull] They're gone! Whatcha do with them?
Skull: [still blindfolded and plugged his ears] What!? I can't hear you! [Bulk takes off his blindfold] Hey, they're gone!
Bulk: Nothing gets past you, huh Skull?
- Skull looking through the cabinets.
Skull: Ha! Not in there. [next cabinet] HA! Not in there. [next cabinet] HAA!! [he accidentally hits Bulk in the head with the cabinet door] Uh... they're not there.
- After the Rangers teleport back and quickly get back to their seats (with Jason sitting on "Buulk"'s seat):
Rangers: Good afternoon, Mr. Caplan.
Bulk: Hey! How'd you guys do that?
Zack: It's magic.
Kimberly: It's done with mirrors like these. [showing her mirror]
- From "Life's A Masquerade", there's a bit where the Frankenstein's Monster, after having slipped into the Halloween party to attack the Rangers, gets spotted by a lusty teenage girl and dragged off to the dance floor.
- Master Vile's Rage Quit of the fight against the Power Rangers after only four episodes, and Zedd's subsequent kiss to Goldar's forehead in his glee of having his father-in-law take a hike.
- Even moreso, as the villain declares that he's returning to his world where he states that the bad guys always win.
- Rita complains that he's embarrassing her.
- It's more Fridge Funny, since initially seeing both Rita cowering in fear and her right hand monster turning his back on her is the main focus, but when Lord Zedd arrives, Rita gets one of her customary headaches. Goldar's response? "Deal with it!"
- When Kimberly, after being sent to the past, asks Zordon why he hasn't made a pink power coin at this point: "Too much pink energy is dangerous!"
- Evil Alpha 5.
- When Master Vile believes that he's won, he throws a party to celebrate the impending end of the world... at the Juice Bar. Seeing humans and monsters partying together (including Rito going full-blown party animal) is one of the most surreal moments in the series.
- In "Switching Places", Billy and Kimberly swap bodies, which is rendered hilarious by the two actors managing to do a pitch-perfect imitation of each other's body language and mannerisms, including Billy having Kimberly's walk and Valley Girl gestures, and Kim having Billy's Expospeak and glasses-adjusting. Also, Billy's absolutely disastrous attempt to apply makeup, and Kim managing to blow up a computer.
- When they jump to their Zords, Kimberly doesn't know whether to call herself by her name or Billy's.
- Zedd and Rita's tango, especially when Zedd suggests they have a baby.
- In "Peace, Love, and Woe", Bulk is in roller stakes and is out of control.
(he skates between Jason and Trini as they were training)
Trini: (accidentally kicks Bulk) Oops! Sorry Bulk.
Kimberely: Watch where you're going!
Bulk: I can go anywhere I wanna [sees he's about to crash into Ernie holding a cake] GO!
[crashed and creamed]
Skull: Are you sure that's where you wanted to go?
- Ernie isn't fooled by Bulk and Skull's ridiculous disguises.
- In "Calamity Kimberly", Bulk and Skull are having fun teasing a completely drenched Kimberly.
Tommy: Don't you banana-brains ever quit?
Bulk: Oh, I just washed my hair, and I can't do a thing with it!
- These dialogues in "The Wheel of Misfortune":
(Bulk is trying to work Kimberly's grandmother's spinning wheel)
Kimberly: Bulk, be careful! You're such a klod!
Bulk: (to Mr. Caplin) She's making me mess up my lines.
(Kimberly rolls her eyes. Then Bulk starts spinning the wheel so fast, it blows Caplin's wig. Bulk starts laughing.)
(after Bulk accidentally broke the spinning wheel)
Caplin: Honesty, Bulk! Let's take a break before something else gets broken!
Tommy: Hey, you guys seen the spinning wheel?
Bulk: Oh yeah, you see I was broke. So Skull and I decided to spin me some money so I can buy a soda.
(Bulk and Skull laugh at him)
Tommy: Hey, I'm not kidding around Bulk. I mean it. Did you see it?
Bulk: No, I didn't see it, you goody-good! What would I want with a stupid spinning wheel for?
- In "The Rockstar", the Rangers are invited to Trini's house, because she's developed an interest in cooking. She gives the Rangers some finger foods to try, which they do with little incident. One of them asks Trini what it is, and she happily explains that its escargot. Billy is the only one to realize that escargot is snails, and says as much. The Rangers' reactions are priceless.
- Jason's especially. While the rest all seem to be varying degrees of freaked out, Jason simply stares at his escargot wide eyed, and makes a sound suspiciously like he just threw up in his mouth.
- At a recent con appearance, a fan asked the cast why so many people continue to live in Angel Grove, despite the weekly monster attacks. One of the cast members answered with, "It's rent controlled." It makes perfect sense; the constant threat of disaster puts a low ceiling on property values.
- In the episode "Lights, Camera, Action" The Rangers make an appearance on a fictional In-Universe talk show; at the end of the episode Miss Appleby asks Rocky what he learned from watching the Power Rangers. It's the way Steve Cardenas smiled that you get the impression he knew how the line came off as. His line?
- In that same episode, the host asks a very innocent question: "Whatever happened to the Green Ranger?" The fact that he asks this to Tommy, who just leans back and looks at the camera, makes it even funnier.
- In the episode "Putty on the Brain," Bulk and Skull are feeding the class iguana, pouring pretty much the whole food packet into the cage. Then Lord Zedd turns it into his Saliguana monster.
Saliguana: Thanks for the snack!
, deadpan) I guess we overfed it. (he and Skull run screaming from the room)
- Goldar's complete and utter dismay at Rita's return and marriage to Zedd, spending the reception sitting in the corner, just shaking his head in disbelief.
- Goldar took a lot of verbal abuse from Zedd, and often it was hilarious, but this one takes the cake.
Goldar: I'm the greatest warrior of all!
(cut to the moon)
Zedd: I can't believe that bubblehead SAID that!
- "The Potion Notion". The entire episode is based on Zedd & Rita creating a monster that uses a love potion on unsuspecting victims, leading to such parings as:
- Kimberly & Skull
- Bulk & Aisha, complete with him copping a feel.
- Rita & Goldar
- And finally, Miss Chief hits both Mr. Kaplan and Lieutenant Stone with the love potion, both targeted on Miss Applebee. At first she seems horrified, but by the time they're fighting over her, she seems to be enjoying it.
- Rita and Zedd take the day off and let Rito have command. They spend their time laughing at his incompetence and hanging a few lampshades on the routine. For added measure, Finster refuses to make him a monster since he only serves Rita and Zedd.
- The unusually snarky way that Ninjor responds to Master Vile showing him footage of his capture is hilarious, given Ninjor's typically hammy delivery.
- In "A Star is Born", Skull accidentally squirts sunscreen on Bulk's face.
Bulk: Skull, you airhead! I said I need a tan, not a bath.
[The bottle's empty, so Skull improvised by rubbing mayonnaise on him.]
- While Bulk mocks Tommy, Skull pats him on the back. Bulk screams in pain. "Don't touch my sunburn!" Later, after Bulk believes he got the part and rubbing it in Tommy's face, Skull almost pat Bulk on the back again before he backtracked his hand. Then they walk away, with Bulk sticking his tongue at Tommy, and laugh.
- Bulk's martial arts demonstration, with him throwing papers in the air and "punching" them and breaks a chair with his foot.
- At the end of "Clean-Up Club", when Bulk finally shows his completed video. Skull edited it (albeit accidentally) to make it look like Bulk was disappreciating himself in public, saying that he has no class, and that's just the beginning. The video continues to show Bulk and Skull humiliating themselves on camera, especially at the end. The entire class can't help but laugh. Even Miss Applebee seems to be holding back a laugh.
- The plot of the Season 1 episode "Food Fight" had to do with Rita trying to sabotage a food festival...because she woke up feeling sick that day and the sight of all that food was making it worse. Just the idea that a supposedly dangerous world-conquering villain would do something so petty is pretty hilarious.
- In "Itsy Bitsy Spider", Bulk & Skull threw bugs at everyone just to see how bugs are helpful to people. A spider, Zach's least favorite bug, happens to land on his shoulder. Tommy tries to hit it with his binder, but it jumped and hits Zach's shoulder.
- Later, when Billy shows the gang his lab assistant (not his pet) rat Jack.