Famous for being the first Pink Power Ranger. Amy Jo Johnson (born October 6, 1970) has since gained a reputation as one of several Rangers who made it big after their stint on the series.Prior to being an actress, Amy participated in gymnastics, and after years of training and competition, she reached the highest-ranking class, Class One. After a while, she was severely injured, forcing her to abandon her dreams of going to the Olympics.Later, she starred in the show that would make her famous, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Amy was regarded as a Teen Idol and the favorite of virtually everyone who grew up watching the show. After three years, she decided to quit in order to further her career, and she was written out. She would star in Susie Q and Saved by the Bell, the latter in which she starred with future Power Rangers voice actor alum Wally Wingert.In 1998, she would star in Felicity. In it, she portrayed Julie, a singer/guitarist. She would stay on the show for two and a half years, eventually quitting so she could take the time to grieve for her mother's death.Amy would gain roles in independent films until in 2008 she landed the role of Jules Callaghan in Flashpoint. At that time, she was also expecting a baby, and in December of that year, she gave birth to a girl, Francesca Christine. Since then, Amy is known for being one of the few rare Ranger actors who still has a career in acting and singing/songwriting.
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie—Kimberly Ann Hart, the Pink Ranger
- Susie Q—Susie Quinn
- Killing Mr. Griffin (the TV-movie adapation)—Susan McConnell
- Perfect Body—Andie Bradley
- Felicity—Julie Emrick
- Flashpoint—Jules Callaghan
- Approval of God: Along with Austin St. John and Steve Cardenas, she approved of the Power Rangers fan film/parody Power/Rangers.
- The Cast Showoff: In Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Kimberly is seen as doing gymnastics, just like Amy. In Felicity, Julie sings and write songs, giving Amy a chance to launch her own musical career.
- Dawson Casting: Most of her roles.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Pretty much every role she's in, but especially notable in Power Rangers since she was cast alongside a number of tall martial artists.
- Hide Your Pregnancy: Towards the end of the first season of Flashpoint, it got a little hard to conceal.
- I Want You to Meet an Old Friend of Mine: After working with her on Felicity, J. J. Abrams brought her into the cast of What About Brian for three episodes.
- Older Than They Look: She was 22 when she started playing a High School freshman (although, the character was originally to be a senior) on Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, and can still pass for a twentysomething in her 40s.
- Pregnant Badass / Action Mom: In real life. She became pregnant before getting the role on Flashpoint, filmed the entire first season before maternity leave, and had very few season two episodes that omitted her entirely.
- The Southpaw: As can be seen in the profile picture, she's left-handed.
- Teens Are Short: She is 5'2" and kept getting teenager roles until she was almost 30.
- Teen Idol
- What Could Have Been: J. J. Abrams apparently wanted her for the lead role in Alias, but she was still grieving over her deceased mother at the time so the role was given to Jennifer Garner. Interestingly, they have more than a passing resemblance◊ (not to mention Garner has said she's been mistaken for Johnson on more than one occasion.)